want info on supertrapps and ufo exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmullins

Reaction score
I'm going to get one or the other this week, want to know if anyone has these and there thoughts on power gains . I know they both sound mean but are the ufo's worth the money, how much gains do the supertrapps give they say they are dyno proven but can't find any thing.

The only gain with Supertraps will be the sound, I have the UFO full exhaust and if I were going to buy another header I would go with the Marks system.

I love my UFO system, but it is loud!!!

@Brian - I paid $700 for my system back in December on of of the eBay sales.

Did you feel any hp gains, there on ebay an I have coupon for 10 % off so I could get the ufo's for $770

Did you feel any hp gains, there on ebay an I have coupon for 10 % off so I could get the ufo's for $770

Hard to really tell. At the same time that I installed the exhaust system I installed Morley's Jet Kit too.

I have not done a dyno test yet. With all of the upgrades that I did I have to wait until I can afford it. LOL

I love my UFO system, but it is loud!!!

@Brian - I paid $700 for my system back in December on of of the eBay sales.
Thanks tmosel! I thought that his full systems were in the $1200 range. I have heard a couple different of his systems and thought they were kinda raspy sounding but I did like the sound of Allisontech's megaphones.
Sean can get you the very best pricing on the Supertrapps! I have had my Mark's SS exhaust since the start of the 2009 season and it still looks good as new and sounds better than ever!

You gain zero HP with trapps.
You should expect a bit of an increase with the UFO exhaust. Any full aftermerket exhaust will give you HP gains. UFO, marks, kerker, hindle, hmf,pcw, will all net similar gains. No slip on will increase hp. Slip ons just make noise.

UFO pipes are loud as shit. I like loud so im not complaining.
If it were me I wouldn't bother spending the money on slip ons. Id buy a full system. Base your choice on looks and sound because there wont be much of a HP difference between any of the full systems on a typical Vmax engine.

I did not dyno or ride my 85 with the stock pipes when I bought it, there were problems with the bike that needed attended to. The PO had it dyno'd and said it was putting out 97 HP. After the problems were addressed and the UFO 4-2 slashcuts were on and jetted right with the air box Im getting 114 HP and 75 foot lbs torque.

Back