Wave Rotors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregoryuw

Reaction score
Hey Guys , I have a 2007 Vmax , I'm planing on a front brake up grade , I have a set of R1 calipers , steel braided lines .
I'm looking at wave rotors either the EBC MD2074cc thats the stainless wave says it will fit .
I was just concerned seeing a few post about the floating waves have interference possibly .
Thanks guys .

greg

The Galfers do but I haven't heard a complaint on the EBC's yet? We sell both. We can also mod the Galfers to fit without problems.

Sean

The Galfer floating (not fixed) are not counterbored for the bolt heads. So, they will sometimes hit the head of the bolt on your fork leg (on the 93-07 legs). They in fact do not list the floating wave in the catalog for that reason.

I picked up a pair of EBC front rotors from my buddies shop , I have a nice pile of all most new calipers , some R1 and R6 blue dots , Busa and my favorite a pair of ZRX1200 6 pod calipers... there brand new and seem to be the same bolt pattern as the busa caliper .
I also have braided lines and have a few master cylinders including access to a ZR14 master but not sure if I want to do a radial mount setup on this machine .
I'm just looking for a nice up grade from stock .

The R1/R6 calipers will bolt on. The others will not. No one makes adapters for '93+ forks and busa calipers so you will be limited to the blue spots. Your brake lines will be funky with the new calipers. Sean Morley can help you out with brake lines of the proper length and fittings to look right.

The zx14 masters work great. If you are installing it you may want to further customize your brake line. I had to get angled banjos to clear the switch on the bottom. You might get away without the angled banjo if you route your lines differently than I did.

If not already done, you may want to consider fork springs and lowering the front end before buying new brake lines. That way you don't end up with line that are too long in the future.

Back