Well, the Max is gone tomorrow

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, have you taken it out today? What are you doing on the forum right now???

Dustin....Congrats on finding a 1999 in that shape!!!! Looks Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Don't forget your roots and visit us often.

Neil

Neil - This is a regular hang out for me, VMax or no VMax. I would like to get a Gen2, so I'll hang out a while and wait for the prices to get down from space. :D

Buster - Thanks, I'll check it out

Jason - I just got back, this thing is smooth, rides nice, and FRIGGIN SICK NASTY FAST!

Well I left Saturday morning, on the road at 5AM, it's not 3:30AM Sunday, I dropped my Dart off with it's new owner, and came home with what replaced the Max.

As you can see, it's got a lot of goodies on it already, it's a '99 Hayabusa (First year), and will be getting a few more goodies soon and a good clean up and rub down.

Sweet congrats!

Going to put forward controls on it too??? LOL

Some time back on one of the Suzuki forums, a member had put ape hangers, king/queen seat and sissybar on a Busa. I thought it was a joke (photoshopped or something) and made a comment on the forum. Boy did the owner get indignant!! He replied in no uncertain terms that that was what he wanted to do and it was not in any way a joke.

It was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen!

Yankee, any way to build a wobble in so one feels at home? :biglaugh:

Hell yeah!! All he has to do is do a swap whatever he is riding...

Take the frontend off a VMAX any year will be good they all suck!
2nd Put some bias ply tires on from a 1912 Model T Ford.
Add an extra 200 lbs of steel.
I will sell him my swingarm and all he will have to do is get a pair of dirt bike shocks off a 1982 Yamaha YZ490 and he should be set.

Remove the rear brake rotor this way his new ride will stop like a VMAX also. I am sure this pissed some people off, but oh well...

Busaontrailer.jpg

:clapping: Nice ride!! You would blend in here great with all of the other Eleventeen Thousand BoooooSa riding Brothas! Have ya had it pegged at 203 MPH yet?

I will race you on my new 150CC scooter when I get it, I may even giv a lil of a head start..:rofl_200:

Not pegged yet, the '99-'00 Speedo's read 220. ;)

Dyno tune the begining of next week though. I'll take the head start, this thing lays rubber down until I get out of it on a cold tire haha.

Very sweet lookin ride ......also an admirer of the busa.
I like the colour this year ,..silk white ...very nice.
Wow,...the bikes i would have if i was to win the lottery .,..might even have a Harley,....nahh.

Is it leaking oil or water I see the trailer is all wet:confused2:

Ohh I know it must have pissed itself when I challenged my scooter against it.:rofl_200:

Cleaned on it a little bit last night, but it still has a ways to go.

BusaHome3.jpg

BusaHome1.jpg

BusaHome2.jpg

Thinking about selling the Yoshi system on it for something else not so common around here.

Cleaned on it a little bit last night, but it still has a ways to go.

Thinking about selling the Yoshi system on it for something else not so common around here.

At the very least cut the muffler down some... DAMN!

Maybe get an M4 or Akropovic for it! :eusa_dance:

I went with Micron as EVERYONE has Yoshi on their sport bikes here. Weird!

Oh and that bike is screaming for clear indicators all around and a painted insert that fits in back of the lowers IMO.

I'm not into extended swing arms unless it's a track bike as it slows down the bike in the corners too much but it works on a Busa.

Good find! Fastest from the factory of all the years!

Chris

Looking at the Brock Alien Head or a Boz Brothers Boz1 for pipes. I'm waiting on Brocks as I don't want to burn my wife's feet while she rides with it, so I'm waiting for some comments about that.

There are no rear turns, it's integrated into the brake light. ;) It is getting front clears though.

Boz sounds better. That 2nd bike is pretty damn ugly. He needs to fix the clutch. :)

Back