what bikes have you had that were quicker than the Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the Vmax but have to add the FZ1 to the list it is much faster. It is pretty modified also..seems the mod monkey doesn't stay with the Vmax when you sell it..lol.

Way back in '93 or '94 (see? It was so long ago that I can't remember!), I had a Suzuki GSX1100G......not a popular bike but I liked it.....tons of torque and it had SOME character, not a lot, but some. As I remember I actually chose it over the VMAX that I test rode because I thought the MAX was a little much....and it cost more than the 'Zuki.......I bet the MAX was both quicker and faster but I enjoyed the ride of the 'Zuki and can remember riding all day and not getting sore or tired on the thing.....unlike the terrible seat on the MAX.

Flash forward to last year when I found what is now my 2001 VMAX and, like many others, I enjoy the combination of torque and character that the bike has. I actually went looking for one of the GSX1100Gs and there was only one that I could find for sale a long ways from where I live. Just goes to show that the MAX endured while the 'Zuki died a quiet death.

Can't say that I loved the handling of the MAX last season, but am hoping that the change-over to radial tires, new progressive front fork springs and new MAXGASSER seat all make significant improvements.

I've never been a top end speed freak but I love acceleration.....so the MAX is perfect. NH is not a place where top end gets much use!!!

CBR 1100 XX Blackbird , Smooth , Fast , Touring , Different .

Attachments

• # 2 Group Chip 1183.jpg
    # 2 Group Chip 1183.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC03228.jpg
    DSC03228.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 14
Lots of aftermarket BB vendors across the pond , as they race , cruise and tour heavily with the ones that are left.

ZX9R...ZX11, and my Concours14...stock vs stock. The max is still here and a couple of those are not...Its a different kind of fast and fun as most all of you guys already know.

Back