what bikes have you had that were quicker than the Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Pickles

Reaction score
It's funny. I meet two kinds of people who know about the Vmax.

1: It's the fastest bike on the face of the earth still.

2: It's a 600lb turd that's on par performance-wise with a virago 1100

I've had a Hayabusa, a ZZR1200, a CBR1100XX, an FJR1300, an 07 R6 and a few other bikes that once past 60mph, would check out on my Vmax.

I just happen to love the Vmax. I have loved it since I first sat on one in 88.

So, who's not deluded about the performance of their bike? :biglaugh:

My 92 FZR1000, 88 FZR1000, 86 Fazer (with 1000 engine), 2002 ZX9R are all faster then the stock ones (and even modified vmax's).

Sean

I agree, while the Vmax is a great performer, modern C/R 600's can get by most of the time. But the Vmax has more character, quick enough to be thrilling and can be made to be comfortable for longer trips. I love my Vmax!
This is the fastest bike I have owned.

most guys I have met realize it's not the fastest bike out there.

Of course there are plenty of bikes that are faster / quicker.

Most guys just love the fact that it still kicks ass, and probably always will. For what it is.

This bike is by far the fastest thing I have ever owned....

Yes the newer crop of 600 sportbikes are outright faster.....but I do not find them at all comfortable.....they all look the same.....and they sound TERRIBLE IMHO....

For me the biggest draw to this bike is it's character.......there is no bike like a Gen1 Vmax.......it is an absolute original:punk:

I rode faster but top end does little for me not really interested in going 180mph down the road. i like the cruiser style something I can ride all day without needing a doctor at the end of the day with a bad back. Besides read my signature :)

Fastest bike I've owned. TBH, I would not want a faster bike. I've been on them, and I know if I had one I'd spend way too much time going way too fast and would prolly be dead by now.

My fave kind of bike is dual sports anyway, I LOVE going off road and I'm considering an XTZ1200 or a Duke Multistrada as my next bike..

Fastest bike I've owned. TBH, I would not want a faster bike. I've been on them, and I know if I had one I'd spend way too much time going way too fast and would prolly be dead by now.

My fave kind of bike is dual sports anyway, I LOVE going off road and I'm considering an XTZ1200 or a Duke Multistrada as my next bike..

xtz1200 like this?

Attachments

• 20090918235242_shbtl07rfeqny3.jpg
    20090918235242_shbtl07rfeqny3.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 43
I think that was an artist's impression.

The real 2010 model looks like this. Last pic is the 1200 Multistrada.

Attachments

• 2010_Yamaha_XTZ1200_10__2.jpg
    2010_Yamaha_XTZ1200_10__2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 2010_Yamaha_XTZ1200_10.jpg
    2010_Yamaha_XTZ1200_10.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 02-mts-1200-abs.jpg
    02-mts-1200-abs.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 44
My fast bike was a 1st gen 04 Ninja ZX10R, I'm on my second 1st gen Vmax and would love to get the 2nd gen Vmax, someday I will have one.

Races with 600 class sportbikes can really go either way, and can vary a lot depending on the skill of both riders. The Max'll take the crotch rocket off the line and should have a decent lead up until at least 70-80 or so. Now depending on how much lead you got early on, and how steady your Max is at speed govern if you really "win". If you got a big lead, the sportbike likely won't catch up until you're both in the top end, and then the Vmax will probably edge it out(depending on stability). Most 600 class sportbikes are good for right around 140 tapped out.

But otherwise, the Max is the fastest thing I've ever owned. My snowmobile is a close second, only because it's powered by a variant of the R1 engine, changed for better torque and low temperatures. If I matched the sled on grass to the Max on pavement, I bet the sled would take it for pure holeshot acceleration.

Well my 07 CBR1000RR I just traded in on my V-MAX...03 GSXR1000, 00 R6. I think the Vmax was quicker than my VTR1000 and the Vmax gets a bit better gas mileage. As well tha above bikes did curves a lot better than "max"

It's fast but not the worlds fastest bike. Simple fact...most 600 sport bikes will take it.
That not why I love my max though, I might not beat everyone in the parking lot on my bike but I'm sure as hell not ganna park next to one just like it either. If my choice is damn fast but not FASTEST or bike from a cookie cutter mold I'll take the day late and a dollar short addition.
Better to be regognised by your custom bike than another guy on a stock bike that he bought that way but that's just my oversized opinion.

Well, ya'll have to understand that I have been riding a Wing since 02, and while the 1800 is no slouch, I needed a little more speed to play with. So, I bought myself a 94 GSXR 711 project bike and built it up. This is a 750 bike with an 1100 stuffed in. That is by far the fastest bike I've ridden. The only problem was that after 40-50 miles, I was sore from riding.

So, it got sold and Max showed up. I think Suzi pulled harder all the way around, but Max would have probably given it a decent run. Max has a better seating arrangement, but until recently, that also could only go 40-50 miles before I was sore. Now that Morleys seat it on, I'm hopeful it'll be better for running to work. :)

I'm sure a Busa or any big bore rocket will go faster, but Max does have a feel that no rocket can have.

Attachments

• P5020896.jpg
    P5020896.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 30
My '07 R1 with full system and power commander is an absolute Rocket. That damn things got mountains of power that rides like a rail car. 160mph through the freeway S turns is enough to get ur heart pumpin good.

the max is not a crotch rocket. although it will give a number of them a run for there $$, it is not a rocket, shouldn't be compared to one as far as preformance goes. I do not compare my buddys VTX against my max, or my other bike-1500 kawy vulcan. it wouldnt be fair, v-4 against an inline 4 or a V-twin against a v-4... get the pic? just my spin on it..what do you think?

Latest posts

Back