What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started the fabrication of a mount for my acewell gauge. Also, installed the upper fork covers I made to complete the black out of the forks.

Good luck on your Acewell ! Ibought a used 2803 model and can't seem to get the tach & speedo right. I think the speedo sensor may be bad. May be why I got a deal on it !

:bang head:

Attachments

• SS850590.jpg
    SS850590.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 28
  • SS850824.jpg
    SS850824.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 22
I used a piece of exhaust pipe from my local auto parts store, I think the ID was 47mm.
My goal was to create a cover pipe with out affecting the steering head. This seemed to work out well.

1. Used my miter saw with a metal cutting blade, cut them to 7 3/8 in.
2. Used the side of the blade to smooth out the cuts. (this makes them a little shorter than the upper and lower on the head. I tried to cut the pipes exact, but there are small differences in length, and the head started to bind)
3. Painted black.
4. Used old rear brake caliper piston seals I had laying around (the thicker ones) for a rubber gasket on top. I had to cut them as they are a little small. I'm going to seal the gap with gasket sealer.
5. Super glued them on, I tried black gasket sealer, it looked like crap (this is just to hold them in place while you tighten down the steering head.)
6. Used the soft side of velcro with adhesive on the back, installed 4 pieces inside the pipe. Looking down the pipe lowers were 360 and 180 degrees, the uppers are 90 and 270. The idea is to keep the pipes centered, while tightening the steering head.
7. remove forks
8. Loosen head
9. Install cover pipe
10. Slide fork in place, snug bottom pinch bolt.
11. Snug steering head
12. Remove fork
13. Tighten steering head
14. Install forks

Last edited:
"
Good luck on your Acewell ! Ibought a used 2803 model and can't seem to get the tach & speedo right. I think the speedo sensor may be bad. May be why I got a deal on it !

"

I modified the old speedo mount, what did you do for the mounting bracket?

Last edited:
New here, I do alot of reading but felt like I wanted to post some pics of my Max. It's an '85 with 40k on the clock. Runs like a raped ape. Any one in the Central Flordia area??

Attachments

• VMAX2 001.jpg
    VMAX2 001.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 26
  • VMAX2 002.jpg
    VMAX2 002.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 23
  • VMAX2 003.jpg
    VMAX2 003.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 32
  • VMAX2 004.jpg
    VMAX2 004.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 21
  • VMAX2 005.jpg
    VMAX2 005.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 21
  • VMAX2 006.jpg
    VMAX2 006.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 23
Took a ride to see if I could give a hand to a guy with carb problems. Didn't help much as he seemed to have a handle on it. I got to see one of Sean's kerker 2 1/2" comp. Cans. That sucker looks mean from behind. Went home and changed oil & filter and rearend oil. Started the bike and checked for leaks. Tested header temp. With back of fingers. Duh good one. Ordered radar detecter and mounts for trip. Leaving Fri. For Portland, Spokane, up to Canada to ride a little of the crows nest, back to Bozeman , Rapid city, sioux falls, Derby, Denver and home. Hope to meet a few of you on the road. Rand

new-used calipers and new kevlar pads arrived yesterday... spent some time doing more cleanup on calipers, then installed and bled system... yay, new brakes that are not locked up ;]

Took a peek at my plugs (looks sweet), sync'd the carbies, and then put the camera bracket back on so I can video some backroad riding tomorrow.

Hey Mike, any chance you could take some photos of your install and a little writeup? Like Danny said, I don't know anything bout this HID crap but it sure sounds good. I'm not too concerned over the wiring part, I'm more interested in how guys are mounting it in the headlight, aiming it, and making it able to be adjusted :confused2:

Been thinking about the silverstar bulb or whatever as rec'd by Garrett for $25. That seems like the easy way out.

Here are a few pics of the view of HID illumination in a dark garage. These HID's light everything up but do not blind other from behind or on coming traffic. These pics are on low beam. It does have Hi beam too. Its been busy here lately so I hope you like....

Attachments

• IMG_4999.jpg
    IMG_4999.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5000.jpg
    IMG_5000.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 25
Got my Nos kit installed with a 36 hp shot...
I 'm finding out that this shit is like a drug, very hard to stay off it...
BIG Thanks to Danny & Mikey mustang for all the help :thumbs up:

Attachments

• P8180319 (Small).JPG
    P8180319 (Small).JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 32
  • P8180318 (Small).JPG
    P8180318 (Small).JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 35
BILL , YOU CRAZY BASTARD , :rofl_200: DOES THIS MEAN " I HAVE A NEW STUNT BIKE " FOR BROWNIE RUN 2011 ? ,, :confused2:

BILL , YOU CRAZY BASTARD , :rofl_200: DOES THIS MEAN " I HAVE A NEW STUNT BIKE " FOR BROWNIE RUN 2011 ? ,, :confused2:

Tim like i said before:
You can ride my bike anytime you want, But you have to stay on the gravel roads only :biglaugh:
no paved roads, and more importantly NO DRIVEWAYS...:rofl_200:

Here are a few pics of the view of HID illumination in a dark garage. These HID's light everything up but do not blind other from behind or on coming traffic. These pics are on low beam. It does have Hi beam too. Its been busy here lately so I hope you like....

holy moly man that looks awesome.....think i gotta get one of those:punk:

bill install looks great, funny how that bottle totally matches your bike, like it was made for it :punk: glad you have to deal with the addictiveness of the bottle and not me........well not yet anyways hahahahaha

you sure you want to let cop runner ride it on the dirt, think he can still find trouble no matter where he is :rofl_200:

Tim like i said before:
You can ride my bike anytime you want, But you have to stay on the gravel roads only :biglaugh:
no paved roads, and more importantly NO DRIVEWAYS...:rofl_200:
THANKS BILL , IT KIND OF COUGHT ME OFF GAURD THAT YOU'LL LET ME RIDE YOUR AWSOME " V-MAX " , SO THAT BEING SAID , I'LL JUST NEED YOUR REAR TIRE SIZE SO I CAN ORDER A " MONSTER KNOBBY " FOR THE GRAVEL ROAD , I WOULD'NT WANT TO LOSE CONTROLL ! .. :rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200:

THANKS BILL , IT KIND OF COUGHT ME OFF GAURD THAT YOU'LL LET ME RIDE YOUR AWSOME " V-MAX " , SO THAT BEING SAID , I'LL JUST NEED YOUR REAR TIRE SIZE SO I CAN ORDER A " MONSTER KNOBBY " FOR THE GRAVEL ROAD , I WOULD'NT WANT TO LOSE CONTROLL ! .. :rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200:

Oh GAWD!! :bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

Latest posts

Back