What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
put some of my ebay 6way adjustables on the fjr masters, look sweet and work amazing!

Took pictures!

img009Large.jpg

img010Large.jpg

img011Large.jpg

Thanks Brian! I'm not a ham...but I like eating ham...

Yeah, those are works and I love 'em!

Great pics Mark...
what is the deal with that grab bar? is it removeable?
Looks much higher than the stock one

Thanks Bill. I'm not sure on the grab bar really. I know it used to be on a '92 from a friend's and don't think it's a Vmax part...for sure not stock. It's a bit longer than the stock grab bar so the wife likes it better. A sissy bar came with the bike so will put that on for longer trips. 4 bolts hold the top on so is easy to swap out. I have never had a stock grab rail so not sure how easy it is to take one of those off.

Thanks Bill. I'm not sure on the grab bar really. I know it used to be on a '92 from a friend's and don't think it's a Vmax part...for sure not stock. It's a bit longer than the stock grab bar so the wife likes it better. A sissy bar came with the bike so will put that on for longer trips. 4 bolts hold the top on so is easy to swap out. I have never had a stock grab rail so not sure how easy it is to take one of those off.

Virago grab rail. I use to convert one by adding the custom pad to it.

Put on the new taillight from MotorcycleMods, then put on new seat, rear shocks, lowering springs all from Sean, then got the flu and havent been able to ride yet.

Here's my '94, bought in December. Still doing all of the maintenance that hasn't been done in the past 17 years...

Attachments

• Vmax2.jpg
    Vmax2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 21
LOL, well they are sitting on my garage floor now. I replaced the exhaust system. If I have everything completed by this month I'm going to submit my bike for the MOD Monkey contest.

Nice! I forgot how those bazooka mufflers look!

started it up, let it warm up, drove it down to fill it up, and rode 160 miles on it ! was 75 degrees today !:punk:

Changed the oil, had to put a new battery in yesterday, rode it to work a few times, did a nice rolling burnout today!..........Feels good to be back in the saddle.......................

I took the max out after a winters rest only to have it die on me:( It started up great, drove about a mile and a half and topped off the gas, left the gas station and about a quarter mile down the road I kicked in the vboost and the bike just died. I down shifted and popped the clutch for a rolling start and nothing. I parked the bike and tried to re-start and no starting. It cranks over great, I hear the fuel bowls but it just won't start. I ended up walking 2 miles home, went and got a trailer from the local UHAUL got the bike home and still no start. All the fuses look great. I'll have to check for spark next.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Back