What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I really did it yesterday and tonight, made a new seat for her :biglaugh:. to bad forecast calls for rain for the next six days:bang head:

Attachments

• 28 gray perf III.jpg
    28 gray perf III.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 25 gray perf II.jpg
    25 gray perf II.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 19
WOW, you've been busy Ed!

Hey Bob, yea kinda really put it over the top this year. Can't wait to put the new painted parts on hopefully tomorrow. I was gonna do even more but time and money kinda ran out. As I chased the little bastard away ( damn m/m ) but I'm sure he'll be back. Hope to see you this year to ride again. Ed

Hey Bob, yea kinda really put it over the top this year. Can't wait to put the new painted parts on hopefully tomorrow. I was gonna do even more but time and money kinda ran out. As I chased the little bastard away ( damn m/m ) but I'm sure he'll be back. Hope to see you this year to ride again. Ed
Can't wait to see it. I think you and Bill Kratz have the nicest bikes in Pitts!

Friggin rain! I can't seem to get a break so I can give the intiminators a good testing. Maybe this weekend it will dry up enough to get out.

Changed the oil, it was pretty black, hopefully it was not original (15k miles, Yamaha brand filter) and the PO just got it serviced at the stealership...

Can't wait to see it. I think you and Bill Kratz have the nicest bikes in Pitts!

Thanks Bob, I feel your pain with this friggin rain. Damn, I've only rode it on test runs since the work done over the winter. We really have only had like 4 nice days of real nice riding weather here. I just hope mother nature gets all this rain out of her system so we have a good summer to ride. Ed

Got some more pieces in yesterday. Gotta do some mockup and then the new stuff goes out for finish coatings. Hopefully just a couple more weeks. Taking way longer than anticipated :bang head:

Got some more pieces in yesterday. Gotta do some mockup and then the new stuff goes out for finish coatings. Hopefully just a couple more weeks. Taking way longer than anticipated :bang head:

Sounds like your going through the same thing as me, although my project started back in October. On my way to hopefully pick up my parts from paint:eusa_dance:
Fingers crossed...

I just got the freshly painted rad side covers back - made some grills to fill the holes.

1c0262d2c81e2dad6a7e74aff133f9f16d59d2dc.jpg

2be16b2815d763e2abff3bdc0bc78cc253bab726.jpg

Inventory:

Rad side covers - Maerz
Paint - Air Devils
Grills - Staples wire waste paper basket

Scoops - Ram Air (outer parts only)
Carbon effect - Hydrographics
Grills - Former - the bottom of a baked bean tin
- Mesh - Teflon coated seive (hope this means flies won't stick to it!)
Yamaha logo - Air devils

" It suffered (breaking) wind damage last year."
Ya gotta stay away from the Mexican food, or use an activated charcoal seat pad to protect the upholstery!:rofl_200:

:biglaugh: If it was that, I would have left the seat on there loud and proud.

No, sadly, I pulled into my spot at my apartment, instead of backing in, and we had 50 mph winds with gusts up to eighty. At some point when I was posted at work, The bike went over. I think I was close to a panic attack when I pulled in and saw it on it's side.

I just got the freshly painted rad side covers back - made some grills to fill the holes.

Inventory:

Rad side covers - Maerz
Paint - Air Devils

Yamaha logo - Air devils
Very nice Steve! Nice bit of customizing mate!

Inventory:

Rad side covers - Maerz
Paint - Air Devils

Yamaha logo - Air devils
Looks good I have a set simialer to that coming soon !

Thats a flashy looking bike MaxMidnight .:worthy::worthy: Only thing it needs is for me to be on it

Inventory:

Rad side covers - Maerz
Paint - Air Devils

Yamaha logo - Air devils

Last edited:
Inspected Diaphrams, done the shotgun while I had the covers off. replaced diaphram cover screws with stainless allen head bolts. Replaced plugs and set gap to .028 . Took a picture of Morley's bright chrome scoop ,did not mean to get in the pic but I did. I don't think anyone can find me in the pic...if you can let me know so I can retake it.........

Attachments

• scoop.jpg
    scoop.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 20
Back