What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed my new gel battery, fixed my front tire issue with new air tools and installed DYNO BEADS. Rode the bike to work this morning at 3:30am enjoying the HID lighting and LED setup......can you say SWWEEEETTTT!!!!

Had some low speed wobble at 4k so need to check steering head bearing since its never been checked since I've owned it.

Started working on my custom LED setup for the bike with remote.....

Countdown to THUNDER.....T minus 16 days and counting!

the ecliptech one!!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Hey Garrett,

Which one did you get , flat or curved and what colors? I love it. Still playing with the rpm settings, but its awesome!!! I leave the volt reader at turn on since it tells my my battery state too.

Enjoy..........

Never been much of a crowd follower so while everybody is tightening their steering head bearings I decided to LOOSEN mine and see what would happen as I started to crowd 'wobble-dom'.

Actually, '99 was never as easy to drive as Sallymax was, it always seemed a little 'tippy' and unstable and hard to strike a clean arc on the exit/entrance ramps. Sallymax tracked straight, drove easy and was way more pleasureable than '99.

So I'm thinking, the head bearings are too tight....backed both castle nuts off one tooth, or space or whatever you call those slots and she handles like a different bike! Not even a hint of a de-cel wobble and nothing up to 125 mph for hi-speed wobble-age so I'm thinking she's GTG! :punk:

Also removed a .018" shim from each carb needle. For some reason, after soaking & rebuilding the carbs this winter she will start without the choke and a saw a couple puffs of gas smoke on start-up the other day, so....too rich.

Picked up my parts today. The mirrors and handlebars will have to wait, because I don't have the time just yet, and don't know where to begin swapping everything.

The headlight stay, however, I replaced in about ten minutes, 5 of which was spinning a bolt that I didn't realize went all the way through

This is how it looked when I started.

IMG_0110.jpg

This was the old one next to the new, black chrome, one.

IMG_0111.jpg

And then the final product, still a ways to go, but better looking already.

IMG_0112.jpg

Hey Garrett,

Which one did you get , flat or curved and what colors? I love it. Still playing with the rpm settings, but its awesome!!! I leave the volt reader at turn on since it tells my my battery state too.

Enjoy..........

curved and the green/amber/red, can't wait to install..

nice!!!! was thinking of getting that too. so you have time to install it yet? also did you get the shift light i sent back to you yet?

nah man got tons going on here, hopefully this week, i have an idea for a trrs 3.5mm quick disconnect.

got it and i'll send them back in sometime this or next week.

Never been much of a crowd follower so while everybody is tightening their steering head bearings I decided to LOOSEN mine and see what would happen as I started to crowd 'wobble-dom'.

Actually, '99 was never as easy to drive as Sallymax was, it always seemed a little 'tippy' and unstable and hard to strike a clean arc on the exit/entrance ramps. Sallymax tracked straight, drove easy and was way more pleasureable than '99.

So I'm thinking, the head bearings are too tight....backed both castle nuts off one tooth, or space or whatever you call those slots and she handles like a different bike! Not even a hint of a de-cel wobble and nothing up to 125 mph for hi-speed wobble-age so I'm thinking she's GTG! :punk:

Also removed a .018" shim from each carb needle. For some reason, after soaking & rebuilding the carbs this winter she will start without the choke and a saw a couple puffs of gas smoke on start-up the other day, so....too rich.

i think i'm gonna do the same danny, i think radials help with the wobble so you CAN loosen then further than bias play would allow. i'm just hoping i didn't score my races.

curved and the green/amber/red, can't wait to install..

nah man got tons going on here, hopefully this week, i have an idea for a trrs 3.5mm quick disconnect.

got it and i'll send them back in sometime this or next week.

i think i'm gonna do the same danny, i think radials help with the wobble so you CAN loosen then further than bias play would allow. i'm just hoping i didn't score my races.

dont forget the pics man, we need pics......:punk:

I put my new Progressive shocks on yesterday (I had the day off) and was going to install the new fork springs in too but before I prepped the bike on the stand I sat down and read through all the stuff I had written down & realized I had ordered the wrong set on Friday :bang head: (too many beers the night before...I got the set for the older bikes...long story).

I was so pissed at myself that when I left work today in anticipation of the UPS box that should've been waiting for me when I got home (with my complete Barnett spring conversion, new friction plates and hub in it).....

I did the most aggresive burn out I've ever done on my ''06 while waiting at the light to get on the freeway while leaving the Base. I did it in an attempt to finish off the slipping "Pisses me Off" clutch in it ...I broke the tail loose, did the classic "watoosee" threw up allot of smoke and stayed with it , HOLY SHITE it actually pulled the front wheel up off of the road going into 2nd and 3rd....maybe that stocker clutch it wasn't as done as I thought :punk: ....it is now fer sure :biglaugh:

picked up some 3.5mm jacks to use for a quick disconnect for my shift light. slowly but surely hah.

Took my seat off and put the stocker back on. Went for a ride and remembered why I bought this other brick I ride on, at least it's lower and a little more comfy. Put the lesser of 2 evils back on. As soon as the cash flows my way I'm getting a seat from Sean or Rick.
Steve

Got word that my frame braces are on their way to me :eusa_dance:

Attachments

• framebraceblk.jpg
    framebraceblk.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 25

Alright, I am showing my ignorance again. Outside of frame braces looking good (Well thats my opinion anyway) What do they do? Keep the bike steadier at higher speeds? Protect the engine?

Frame braces do what the name says. They brace the frame. Ever hear how some guys complain about the bike wiggling when pushed hard in the corners? Frame braces are supposed to help eliminate some of that. I don't have a set so I cannot comment on how well they work.

Quick disconnects? You know its waterproof, right?

yes, but i like the ability to disconnect it without having to get to the back of the tach. not sure why, just because. figured a 3.5mm with some shrink wrap on it will work well.

Took my seat off and put the stocker back on. Went for a ride and remembered why I bought this other brick I ride on, at least it's lower and a little more comfy. Put the lesser of 2 evils back on. As soon as the cash flows my way I'm getting a seat from Sean or Rick.
Steve

what seats do you have now?

nice

Alright, I am showing my ignorance again. Outside of frame braces looking good (Well thats my opinion anyway) What do they do? Keep the bike steadier at higher speeds? Protect the engine?

Frame braces do what the name says. They brace the frame. Ever hear how some guys complain about the bike wiggling when pushed hard in the corners? Frame braces are supposed to help eliminate some of that. I don't have a set so I cannot comment on how well they work.

i noticed a big difference right away. i didn't 'notice' flex perse beforehand but i noticed it felt 'sturdier' afterwards.

I wanted a unique frame brace that I know nobody else would have for "THAT" different look and yes, to less the flex of the frame when you are getting hard on the throttle.

Ok....just wait for my next upgrade project I'm working on now.........Hopefully I'll have that ready for Thunder to show off!!!

Ordered a new rear D404 170-80-15, Sean Moreley seat, new seals for the front calipers, EBC HH brake pads for the front, and banjo bolt bleeders.

Those braces are rare but we've had a few come through here. We modified a set for the reaper bike so they would fit with the Vgas carbs. Had to stretch them and move the mounting point under the seat.

Sean

Latest posts

Back