What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ost85vmax. What did you pay for that dyno tune ? Would like to Rp that with mine but no idea what I'm looking at cost wise

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

$400 which I thought was a little high but he put a lot of effort in getting it RIGHT for me so I am happy with it even though they didn't sync the carbs, but with the right tool it takes me longer to get the airbox lid off then to actually set them.

it shouldn't be much more than $50 for a few pulls.

Unfortunately for me, it was what happened after I paid $50 for 3 pulls that cost $$$$!!!

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.phpt=21873&highlight=dyno+dilemma

Soon to be a distant memory in my checkbook...progress has been made, waiting to wrap-up a few details and things should be good. Ahh, no 1500 cc, chain-drive, SC/NoS, turbo terror, but a return to serviceable riding and reliability should be the result. Given that it was stone-stock for most of its life before this year, it will now have a chance to demonstrate being more comfortable, more reliable, better riding/handling/breaking, better illumination, with more to come, parts already in-hand, just waiting to see the reliability is there before I do intake/exhaust. Most of this stuff came from my friend Steve's parts shop: http://www.compcyclecenter.com/index.htm
another (different) friend Steve's repair shop:
Under Pressure Dania Beach FL (954) 792-0442
and members on here from whom I have been fortunate to score good prices and advice from on parts and procedures.

You guys need to come to Topeka on June 24. 8-5 use of the dyno for $400.

got her inspected at the local harley shop (non-dealer though). one of the techs came around and said (softly) "my girlfriend back in college had a vmax. only bike i'd ever ride bitch on! Fuck me that thing can wheelie."

hahaha

Went for a ride to North Pole and back. When I got home, I finished up some artwork for a member. Then I finalized the design for my new fly screen. Tomorrow it will be a change in the template, mounting template, then fabrication of the new flyscreen. The middle will stay flat, but it will curve around the sides.

Here is a mock-up photoshop.

flyscreen.jpg

I went for a nice shake down cruise. I've got her ready to go on a little trip in a couple of weeks. I tuned her for milage and am very satisfied. Played around with the suspention a bit (rear 440's on the 4th notch now) and am enjoying the radials to the max. It feels like it's on rails now. I can't imagine what bracing will add. Nothing like a Vmax that handels and stops well.
I also rode Mark's bike. My 2nd favorite Vmax....lol. I think we have her dialed in pretty nice. A slight a/f adjustment is next. I need to go for a long ride with a small screw driver. That's not an excuse just to ride your bike Mark (it's a blast to ride).
A Recent Morley kit tweak worked out very nice. 3rd clip from the flat end, with no spacer. The exhaust has a nice greyish color. And it runs like a run away jet. She lifts the front tire with ease. The midrange rocks! This was my first ride since we reset the needle clip position.
It's looking like another nice day out there. I need a few miles till oil change time. Might as well go for an oil filter, the long way that is.
Steve-o

Disassembled my modular helmet and painted it. It got a nice deep black with a few coats of clear and the silver shiny bits got the anodized red treatment. Now it matches my bike. :)

Put my saddlebags back on the bike. Even thought the bike looked better, I couldn't seem to get use to not having them on!

Sand blasted my muffler. Gonna take it in on Monday and get it andonized black with a red cap.

Also finally got my bike up on the lift to start tearing down the rear section

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1337538577849.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337538577849.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 27
  • uploadfromtaptalk1337538814421.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337538814421.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 33
I got a tracking number for my new 20L tank and short rear mudguard.

And hoping to get a call later today telling me the bike has been approved for 'compliance'. Then it'll just be a matter of waiting for docs to come form the govt in Canberra, then having the import plate fitted, and then having it shipped to me..

Latest posts

Back