What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Dad and I rode our Max's to a local car show! (He got his as a Father's Day present this past Monday!!)

Attachments

• 599758_4105903847689_137855966_n.jpg
    599758_4105903847689_137855966_n.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 38
Finished up stage one of my air shifter. Got it all assembled and plumbed and working just fine. Now its a matter of the engine kill and pick my air cylinder.

Made progress on another project, but I'm going to keep that under my hat for a bit. :biglaugh:

airsupply1.jpg

airsupplycomponents.jpg

I put a K&N air filter and removed the restricter plate in the airbox of Percie,she seems much happier now. I would have liked to do it between dyno runs to see how much gain there was but there wasnt enough time. so I guess another dyno run may be in order. 178 rwhp at 8600 before the filter install

The Brembo brakes from Morley just came in this week. Soon as their on, I'll let everyone see the "bling." :eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Took my max out for a ride today. Couldn't get my triple tree bearings out so I had to bring it to work. Finally saw the road today.
Loking at repainting with the 2013 boss mustang green or mopar sublime?

Attachments

• 20120625_131831.jpg
    20120625_131831.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 21
  • 20120623_184917.jpg
    20120623_184917.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 16
We did one using Kawasaki green and flat black stripes. Should have pics in our FB link.

patiently waiting for carb parts to arrive:whistlin: i do so hate leaving projects unfinished.:damn angry:

Nice air shifter set-up KJ

Thanks, I still have to put it on the mounting bracket. I'm trying to put it together with a budget under $150.

So far, being I still had a few things left over when I sold my paintball shop, I'm $18 out of pocket (would be $85, if I had to eBay everything). The air cylinder is going to run me another $25 from an industrial parts store. I Just have to decide on an engine kill, make the bracket, and plum the lines. I could just flat out buy an air kill and still be a nice chunk under budget at $88, but I think I can find one cheaper.

The lowest I've seen for a CO2 system is $220. That one looks to have a inexpensive, stock regulator from a 90's Autococker paintball gun and I haven't seen any of them use an expansion chamber.

Where mine differs is not just the better regulator, but the 6 chamber expansion chamber. Some of the problems with CO2 air shifters is during the shifting the lines, solenoid, and air cylinder will frost due to the nature of the cold gas. The expansion chamber will allow the liquid to turn into gas, so your not running liquid through the system.

I should be done with it pretty soon. Then I can get back to my other project.

Yesterday:
Pulled off the dummy tank and scoops. Sanded off the 3 different coats of paint and primer down to the bare steel. Burned out the bondo that was covering up the yamaha on the scoops. Plan on polishing out the steel and having them clear powder coated. Ill take them to the shop at noon. lol

Installed the Barnett Clutch Spring Conversion Kit (that I won at the VMOA Banquet in Johnstown) yesterday and then took a 50 Mile Test Ride.
It grabs Great and the Lever Pull is about the same as with the Stock Spring.

Good job Dennis!.......you're lucky I overlooked that sack of it would have been mine!...........:biglaugh:............Tom.

Good job Dennis!.......you're lucky I overlooked that sack of it would have been mine!...........:biglaugh:............Tom.
LOL, then I'm glad you didn't see it Tom. :D
PS
My Max Wheelies almost too easily in 1st now, that Barnett Clutch Spring Kit is very nice.

Last edited:
Got an update on my '00...

Apparently now the 'package' is almost ready to go through inspection - bar a noise test because the year model they got compliance on was more than one year away from mine (!!) Aren't I glad I swapped the kerker for the OEM..
Then I was told it should be put through 'by the end of the week' :confused2:

And then it could take 2 days or 2 weeks to get the paperwork from the DoT in Canberra. They've only had my bike since April 11 to get to this :damn angry:

With a bit of luck my Max will go through Australian bloody redtape nonsense 'compliance' before the end of the year :bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

My bike's always a work in progress. Today was just maintenance stuff that had to be done. New fork seals, OEM this time. Slider bushings. And, a fly screen long over due, A big thanks to Rusty for the great deal on the fly screen.
I wanted to lower her a bit in front, to compansate for the 180/55/17 tire, but didn't want to use pvc pipe for lowering blocks. I noticed the damper holes would be obstructed. Now I know why Sean uses springs. Not a major deal taking the forks apart.
Ready to ride.

Got an update on my '00...

Apparently now the 'package' is almost ready to go through inspection - bar a noise test because the year model they got compliance on was more than one year away from mine (!!) Aren't I glad I swapped the kerker for the OEM..
Then I was told it should be put through 'by the end of the week' :confused2:

And then it could take 2 days or 2 weeks to get the paperwork from the DoT in Canberra. They've only had my bike since April 11 to get to this :damn angry:

With a bit of luck my Max will go through Australian bloody redtape nonsense 'compliance' before the end of the year :bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

geeeeeez. STILL? dang. it's got to be depressing.

I decided a color transformation is in order. So I figured out I'm going to paint the The radiator grille, Scoop inserts, Faux tank, side covers, tail section, bellypan, frame brace, fender, front shocks and carb springs cover. They will be getting a nice red over black. Its about as blood red as I'm going to get without constant dicking with the formula. I'm going to break out my airbrush, but I haven't decided on what I'm going to do with it as of yet. I want to ghost something, but not skulls or flames. I'm thinking something the tail section, "Psalm 91:11" (For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways). or just "Psalm 91 ". Being the bike is called Archangel, I think it fits.

kbc11bc25.jpg

To be chromed will be the scoops, rear brake and shift levers, headlight buckets, headlight brackets, puke tank and nitrous bottles (only problem with the NO2 bottles is gone will be the ghetto hose clamps and $ spent on actual brackets. I'll also strip the paint off the "H" manifold cover so it will be chrome once again.

I figure I'll tear the bike apart when it gets parked for the winter, and work on it in between study sessions and breaks. What will be nice is, I'll have 6 months to get it done. :biglaugh:

Back