What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got back into the garage today and installed the Raptor shift light I got from Cycle One-Off, very easy install.
shiftlight-1.jpg

Yay! It finally came in, eh? Good things come to those who wait. Looking good :eusa_dance:

Finished boxing up some things to get in the mail tomorrow, and started working on light pods and strip templates.

Got the metal polish out and polished up some billet. Polished up the Carrozzerias as well using the recommended Pledge polish, I figure to put several coats with generous buffing of all the hard to reach places once it's on the bike. Last week I shipped the 440's off to Progressive to fix up a weeping seal under warranty.

Kyle, I'm amazed no one else up here in the grey, cold, depressing north said it but........."--- ----"!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

+2
biglaugh.gif
biglaugh.gif
biglaugh.gif
biglaugh.gif

Swapped from the stock back rest to a black grab bar, and also did the DD mod...all I can say is AMAZING.

Finished up birthday gift to self- welded up some linkage mods and installed DUAL controls. Seegers out front, plus the stockers. Now I dont have to decide which one I like best! Test drive tomorrow before the big game!

After a full year on the forward controls, I decided I liked 'em- but missed the fighter stance for the occasional put-that-guy-in-his-place twist of the throttle.

Plus I found a side cover for my '80 kz550 at the local bike salvage place... Bonus!

Got this cute l'il guy for a runabout, bet you could remove the wheels, bars & downtubes & throw it all into the trunk of a standard size car! After draining the tank/floatbowls, & removing the battery, all w/the bike's toolkit! 8K miles. :biglaugh:

You'd pay more for a 'vanity-battery' (Li-ion) than I did for this. Me likes! :rofl_200:Just right for zipping to the store or down to the Atlantic Ocean to see the bitchin' babes on vacation & eager to flaunt it!
images
images

Ya just gotta beware of the creeps!
images

Attachments

• 440.jpg
    440.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 21
Fork seals. Done.
(note to self) Next time, put the little drain screw back in BEFORE filling the fork with oil. :bang head:

Fork seals. Done.
(note to self) Next time, put the little drain screw back in BEFORE filling the fork with oil. :bang head:

I'll see you a pair of fork seals, & raise you...
a pair of cyl. heads-done. (valve job)

But not yet installed. Waiting on gaskets. :confused2:

Fork seals. Done.

Hey, it could be worse-you might have had Motul 10W-40 all-over your blue suede shoes! (oil sump drain plug missing):rofl_200:

Did some scoop polishing. One was the worst casting I've ever seen. Stopped at 400 grit to admire the satin look and my wife said she liked the multiple matte finish concept. Lucky me. I don't have to go further. Just need to find that two part matte clear...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Did some scoop polishing. One was the worst casting I've ever seen. Stopped at 400 grit to admire the satin look and my wife said she liked the multiple matte finish concept. Lucky me. I don't have to go further. Just need to find that two part matte clear...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

i found spraymax 2k in matte on a german site for $40 a can. i couldn't find it anywhere else, not even my usual paint shop for it.

Went-over to my friend's shop, Under Pressure, Dania Beach FL 33312 to see my poor engine, waiting on some fresh Cometic gaskets. Here is what has been-done in-anticipation of the arrival of the ^%%$&%##!!* :damn angry:gaskets. The heads & ports were cleaned-up a bit, the cam profiles were polished, 0.005" off the heads to clean them-up, the valve stems had material removed from the ends to restore the same geometry across the heads, but no big valves or Suzuki shim under bucket conversion, that would cost $$$. The springs tested out OK. New seals of-course.

Also, I just set a new personal record for uploading pics, I used to have to upload them 1-by-1 & it would take a couple of min. for ea., sometimes even longer, but today I uploaded 4 in about 30 sec. I got a new computer built in my old case w/4GB RAM, my old computer from 8 years-ago was 1028 MB, maybe that made a difference. Same dsl service provider. I had the old one built w/an AMD 64 when Pentium IV was the top intel, & they were 32 bit. It worked for a long time, I replaced the hard-drives once, the CPU was set-up in RAID O for parallel processing, this system has another AMD 64 A6 3670 2700 GHz w/4 partitions on an ASUS F1 A55-M LX Plus 2.0 motherboard & really-flies! Just like my VMax-when it's running...:bang head:. So, while my VMax is waiting for work to be completed (Daytona isn't far-away), my computer is getting more use than the bike.:confused2:

The valve covers & some other parts are still at the powdercoater's. Small jobs are not a priority as he does lots of commercial marine stuff, that's why he just installed a new 16' X 20' floor oven. Roll-in the big-stuff!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 15
  • VMax cams.JPG
    VMax cams.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 14
  • VMax head-valves.JPG
    VMax head-valves.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 12
  • VMax intake 1.JPG
    VMax intake 1.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 13
Yesterday in Atlanta it was forecasted to be about 70 degrees. So I called a buddy and shamed him into taking the day off to go for a ride with exceptions for emergency machine work he had to finish. His Buell 1125r needed some new shoes , so I went looking while he finished his work. I found some Dunlops & some Battlax sportbike rubber for $ 230 + $ 60 per wheel for mounting. He decided on the Dunlops and we dropped the bike off for what we thought was going to be about an hour. Went for a quick bite to eat & his wife showed up on her Kaw 500 to join us. Went back to the stealer and after over 2 hours the mechanic said he didn't have a specific Buell tool for mounting the rear tire. It is now about 74 degrees and I'm getting hot 'cause I'm on the hook for him getting stranded and haven't ridden but about 3 miles to meet him. I bitch to the head service mgr. and he cuts the bill for mounting to $ 30 for the front only. His rear tire is showing metal and there is a Harley shop across the interstate. We ride over and the service mgr brings the rear over in his truck. After the Harley service mgr looks at my buddys brandy new rear Dunlop , he pronounces it as defective . Sure enough , there are 2 - 3" long marks on the tire that look like a defective mold or a defective attempt to mount it. Getting a little hotter now , so we call the first dealer and are on hold for 20 minutes , so I ride back ( anything to get on the bike by now ) over to the first dealer and start in on the service mgr who tells me his parts guy is the one telling him the tire is damaged from the Harley dealer. WTF I say as the Harley dealer didn't even take it back to the shop, much less try to mount it. He spotted the defect right off. Getting hotter still. I said where is the owner ? Went to see him and poured out my buddys story , frustration about missing the days riding as well . He and I go back to the mechanic , and he fesses up or something 'cause they give me another matching new tire for my buddy. I told the service mgr to please drive it back over to the Harley dealer 'cause I didn't feel like putting it around my freaking waist and riding it back. He agrees and we finally get the damn thing over to the Harley dealer , but they say it won't get installed today 'cause they're service dept. is backed up. I'm screaming inside now 'cause I have to ride him back to his house ( 30 miles ) on the back of my Blackbird so he can pull his old Harley out of his garage so we can finally ride.

In the interim , 2 big dudes ride up to the Harley service bay area on Road Glides I think , with the loudest rap music I have ever heard on a motorcycle , and each one playing a different rap song , talk about annoying , sheesh . Any who , the first one gets off , parks and he's about 6'9" tall or so. I immediately recognize him as Dominique Wilkins from the Atlanta Hawks. I tell him that's about the loudest freaking music I have ever heard from a slow bike and he just grins. I then tell him he ought to learn how to play basketball 'cause he's so tall and all. He thinks then I don't know who he is . His jacket says 'Nique on it and his plate does too. We shake hands and he goes inside , I take a pic of his ride.

My buddy and I finally get back to his house and the three of us ( wife ) go for about a 1 1/2 hour ride through a bunch of back roads with twisties before dark. Frustrating day , but it worked itself out in the end. Here's a pic of Niques Glide - Niques Glide , Lloyds Buell & my Blackbird

Attachments

• 'Niques Harley 2.jpg
    'Niques Harley 2.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 27
  • Niques Glide Lloyds Buell Rollies Blackbird.jpg
    Niques Glide Lloyds Buell Rollies Blackbird.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back