What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a break from getting a head start on clinical II assignments and spent a few hours on another Tshirt design.
I'm not liking it as much as the first. Monochrome, Color or Red, White and Blue. Overall, I'm thinking it's too busy. I need to simple it up a bit. Probably keep to the old school monochrome/faded color images.

I'm thinking over the weekend, I'm going to take some more pictures and probably do a burnout or two. I have about 30 ideas running through my head and when I start to put them down I get more and start changing shit. :bang head: After looking at these two for a bit, I think I'd be better off running the christmas tree all the way down behind the bike. That way it wouldn't look so much like an afterthought.

shirt2bredwhiteblue.jpg

shirt2c.jpg

Bad weather here, so time to show some love to the Mistress. Pulled the swingarm for a powder coating, brake stay and bracket too. All got bead blasted for p.c.ing. New rear tire while I'm at it. Checked the front brakes, change brake fluid and fork fluid. Neck plastic piece cracked again, time to r/r that. Font tire change too while I'm at it. Fresh stage 7 carbs with K/N filter setup sitting in a box. When my ignitech box comes in I'll swap the carbs at the same time and set them up, maybe sell them. I really want a usd fork set up more.

Kept fiddling with my clutch. Thought it was all better. maybe not. I guess maybe we'll see tonight if I get to actually try it on the road. The FJR master feels really different than stock either way.

Went for a nice little ride today, temps up here are finally normal. It was late getting here, but normal. Its supposed to get in the upper 70's by this weekend. :)

After the ride, I sat down at my trusty dinosaur of a computer and started designing Glacier nitrous swag. So far this is the first design, I'm sure it will change or flat out be replaced before anything is finalized. It will have this image on the back and Glacier Nitrous' logo on the front (that is when I get the logo finalized :biglaugh:)

shirt1a1.jpg
I Like it !!!!

Installed UFO system with mega-a-mophones lol on Rita's bike.....holy crap....make my marks 2.25 sound like a children choirs compared to her beast.....very very nice system deign and quality built...... Different then the marks......for sure has their own secretes to design reasons. be fun to Dyno both systems but I bet they are close to same hp.....

Today I spent some time getting my shift light working the way I wanted it to. First I repositioned it to the top and slightly to the right side of the speedo, I find it catches my eye now without taking my attention off the road during hard acceleration. I have the first light coming on at 4000 rpm and the last red light coming on at 9000, that gives me a bit of wiggle room as the redline is 9500. I'm impressed with the Ecliptech shift light, already had many comments on it from other riders. Now if would only warm up and the sun would shine....:bang head:

Unplasti-dipped my scoops. Installed Gold dot calipers, FJR brake master, one new adjustable lever (short story--idiot from ebay), bled brake lines (galfer stainless). The feel pretty good to me. Certainly better lever feel than before.

Also, I hung out with Traumahawk for a couple hours talking about what ELSE I should do to my bike today. That counts.

Also, I hung out with Traumahawk for a couple hours talking about what ELSE I should do to my bike today. That counts.
Hanging out with other VMaxers discussing that D**n Monkey always counts.
I went out to Bill Seward's house Friday to do the same thing.
I gave him my old scoops to see if they look better than his originals and they look great on his '85.
I should have some pictures to post up later tonight.
I even got to take a short Ride on his wife's Burgman 400 scooter. :D

Dry day at last, so able to fit running lights and various other electrical stuff, I.e. switches so that I can manually switch the fan on, plus turn off the lights. All possible thanks to great advice from this forum.

Pulled the carbs and jetted the mains down to 150's. Sync'd and ready for a test ride so I can see what the A/F gauge says

True...its a great day hanging out with a fellow Vmaxer talking about ideas, and what to do next to the bikes.

Which a/f unit did you go with? I've been thinking of getting one.
I went with the Innovate LC-1, it was only $157 and it works fantastic. Only downside is the gauge is smoked and is hard/impossible to see in the sunlight. My advise is to get the Innovate mtx-l, which is the same unit but has a standard gauge face. All of my tuning has to be done on cloudy days or in the evenings because of that stupid smoked gauge:bang head:

JPL could give some background on this mod? Any pictures of how it's mounted and which R/R did you use?
TIA!

I got a FH011AA mosfet R/R from a YZF-R1 (RN12 2004-2006) this has bigger cooling fins than the later versions FH012AA

The only place that had enough room for it was under the seat where my rear coils were (I have COPs now) so I cut off the tabs on the bracket over the battery and bolted the R/R to it. Problem is the seat has a 45° slope underneath so I had to trim the back fins to get it snug.
attachment.php

Wiring was simple, spade connectors soildered directly to the R/R.
3 from alternator and 2 for positive & negative (not connected in the pic above yet)

The starter solenoid is the only thing without a proper home at the moment, I might move it just behind the fuel pump when I get the right size cables

Attachments

• IMAG1241~01.JPG
    IMAG1241~01.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 126
Went for a nice evening ride last night. 81 deg and pretty sweet out. Then stopped for a drink of tea by under an overpass, next to the Chena river. :clapping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjF8DOYI3UU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51A4RgkqAvA

Today, in between yard work, started working on the manifold cover for the opposite side of where my solenoids are. Just cut it out, will coat it later on after I take care of the back yard. Then it will be time to mount it to its bracket, then on the bike.

bearmanifoldcover.jpg

I got a FH011AA mosfet R/R from a YZF-R1 (RN12 2004-2006) this has bigger cooling fins than the later versions FH012AA

The only place that had enough room for it was under the seat where my rear coils were (I have COPs now) so I cut off the tabs on the bracket over the battery and bolted the R/R to it. Problem is the seat has a 45° slope underneath so I had to trim the back fins to get it snug.
attachment.php

Wiring was simple, spade connectors soildered directly to the R/R.
3 from alternator and 2 for positive & negative (not connected in the pic above yet)

The starter solenoid is the only thing without a proper home at the moment, I might move it just behind the fuel pump when I get the right size cables
Thanks John! I am still running my stock '92 r/r and after putting on the HD ground kit and HD starter kit this year I want to upgrade my r/r.
I like your mounting location but it might be taken by a fuse box. I have COP's too so there's a bit of room in the area now that coils are gone.

Went for a nice evening ride last night. 81 deg and pretty sweet out. Then stopped for a drink of tea by under an overpass, next to the Chena river. :clapping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjF8DOYI3UU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51A4RgkqAvA

Today, in between yard work, started working on the manifold cover for the opposite side of where my solenoids are. Just cut it out, will coat it later on after I take care of the back yard. Then it will be time to mount it to its bracket, then on the bike.

bearmanifoldcover.jpg

Sweet KJ! 80* in Alaska and we have only hit the 70* mark less than a dozen times so far! I like the bear, nice tribute to you home area!

Latest posts

Back