What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked 12 hours of OT today on a load tap changer for a distribution transformer in this freaking sweltering heat, to pay for the new carbs & stage 7 from Dannymax. Boy the things I will do for my love.

Took a ride around Miami and up towards Ft. Lauderdale. Checked my mileage, not spectacular, but 27 mpg. When I am on the expressway exclusively, it increases 25%+. Then I get mid-30's. Stone-stock, I used to get 32-33 mpg, but now w/a Stage 7 kitted rack of carbs, I get less. "VBoost is your friend."

Bill, I have 101,000 miles less than you, for my '92.

Finished up with the wiring, Now everything will pretty much match up with my accessory harness. I have the brackets all printed up on paper, tomorrow they get cut out, finished and everything gets installed.

5eri.jpg

I rode a little over a hundred miles yesterday. I came to a few comclusions about my Woona.

1) I get about 33mpg from her. Considering how I ride, I find this perfectly acceptable.

2) I should get rearsets. The most comfortable position for my legs is with the balls of my feet on the pegs. the most comfortable position for my feet is the pegs nestled in the crook of the heel of my boots. Rearsets would give me both.

3) I need clip-on bars. I am most comfortable back-wise with a good lean forward. Arms and shoulders want my arms much more straight. Clip-ons will give me the position I feel most comfortable in.

4) I really wanna tweek that suspension to make her handle the best. She HATES bumpy roads. I think Progressive Springs and a Racetech valve emulator up front, and a set of better shocks in the back will help a lot. Solid motor mounts and a frame brace would also help I imagine.

O.K. Here it is, I got this for carbonfibervinyl.com. I got a 24" X 48" sheet and still have some left. The vinyl was really thick, I think 3mil and with a heat gun was very pliable. As this was my first time I ran into a lot of trouble near the gauges so had to make a relief cut. The design makes it hard to see so I'm happy with that. I can tell you that I must have pulled the vinyl off and reapplied it dozens of times and had no issues with it not wanting to stick. I plan on covering my fenders and the side pieces once I see if this stuff really is weather resistant. I ride all the time and the company gives this stuff a 5 year warranty for outside use.
HOLY HELL! That looks awesome! I can imagine the bike with the fenders and other panels done up like this. The images in my head just scream Retro Coolness!
pinkiehappy.png

Finished the final mock-up of the CO2 regulator assembly for my airshifer. Complete with on/off valve, expansion chamber and adjustable regulator. Taking it back apart to tape the threads on the fittings. When the 9oz bottle's finish gets done it will be attached to the unit. Should give about 200 shifts :)

23mo.jpg

Finished the final mock-up of the CO2 regulator assembly for my airshifer. Complete with on/off valve, expansion chamber and adjustable regulator. Taking it back apart to tape the threads on the fittings. When the 9oz bottle's finish gets done it will be attached to the unit. Should give about 200 shifts :)

23mo.jpg

That's slick KJ! :thumbs up:

Removed the Memphis Shades Classic Deuce and replaced it with this MRA shield with the adjustable deflector. They're a little pricey at around $200 but work perfectly for moving the wind away from me.....I toodled along at about 100 mph for a couple miles (testing purposes only...but not on a closed course :biglaugh:) and wasn't fighting any wind pressure at all. :punk:

I will be listing the Classic Deuce for sale.

Attachments

• 100_3349.jpg
    100_3349.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 28
Removed the Memphis Shades Classic Deuce and replaced it with this MRA shield with the adjustable deflector. They're a little pricey at around $200 but work perfectly for moving the wind away from me.....I toodled along at about 100 mph for a couple miles (testing purposes only...but not on a closed course :biglaugh:) and wasn't fighting any wind pressure at all. :punk:

I will be listing the Classic Deuce for sale.

I like it, looks pretty sweet Danny :punk:

Looks great BD. The little wing helps smooth out the flowing around you much better, eh? Is there any difference in how it feels compared to the Deuce. Any less feedback through the handlebars?

Finished up with the air storage. Everything mocked up and fitting nicely and the 9oz tank's black coat all stripped off and the tank brushed out. This weekend it will be finishing up on the brackets and get everything installed. :punk:

So here it is, my CO2 airshifter tank. I knew I would find some uses for some parts left over after I sold the paintball business :)

g7rq.jpg

Latest posts

Back