What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone ever take apart a Holeshot muffler to repack it? Ive got the rivets drilled out and pushed through and nothing is coming apart...

The bike is almost ready for my ride to Massachusetts. Just gotta get the CB antenna mounted, get the power hooked up for the GPS, and most important... mount that damn cup holder again!

Anyone ever take apart a Holeshot muffler to repack it? Ive got the rivets drilled out and pushed through and nothing is coming apart...

Yes, they are a press fit. Best to cut out a large circle just barely smaller then the aluminum of the can to drive or press with.

I rode out with the one and only Marsmax to Twiggs Cycles in Hagerstown, MD. Looked at some eye candy, and found out that the new givi windscreen I got is absolutely aweful as far as I can tell. I might try to reinstall it again tomorrow with some different angles, but the beating my head took today has me thinking it'll probably just get returned. It's sort of ok up to about 40mph, but after that it's like two midgets standing on my shoulders running jackhammers on my helmet. Totally ridiculous and unbearable. It only works if I run the shield all the way up and look through it. I don't want to have to count on that. Back to the drawing board, I guess.

Sometimes it's just as useful to know what doesn't work....as to know what does.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Sometimes it's just as useful to know what doesn't work....as to know what does.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

I really want it to work. The idea and the science is fantastic. Laminar flow on a large scale and what not. I might try an MRA screen if I can get one here in time, too, though.

I know my windshield works great even at 90+mph. Took her out on the interstate today for a short hop across town. Then again, I have an advantage of being so short, I am pretty much always looking through the shield, unless I make the effort to be as straight up as possible.

I'm moving my signals tomorrow to see if a different angle will give me better results.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I know my windshield works great even at 90+mph. Took her out on the interstate today for a short hop across town. Then again, I have an advantage of being so short, I am pretty much always looking through the shield, unless I make the effort to be as straight up as possible.
Wait a minute, you're NOT allowed to build your front end like you want.
If you don't buy $50 mounting brackets from ME you are abusing your Vmax.
:ummm: :whistlin: :ummm: :whistlin: :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200:

PS
Just so you know. I think your Max looks good now that the Windshield is back on and all the brackets those guys were crying about aren't even visible.

Last edited:
all the brackets those guys were crying about
I think they are just butthurt because they don't have the balls to experiment and do something different.

Ain't my fault they've been nomming peanut butter & jealousy samdwiches!
rainbowlaugh.png

Well finally found my 10 amp fuse blowing issue from what I thought was my turnsignals.. I will rewire that connection tonight.. I got tired of having bugs fly in my mouth..Hopefully this stops my electrical issues.. Now I just need to put on new throttle grip, and tape back up my turnsignal connections... Three more days until I am off for Thunder in the Valley, hopefully not working on my bike the whole time...lol

Attachments

• bike short.jpg
    bike short.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 25
  • short.jpg
    short.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 23
I got the starter clutch off.
It sounded like a shotgun blast when it finally popped off.

Attachments

• DSCF5538.jpg
    DSCF5538.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF5539.jpg
    DSCF5539.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF5540.jpg
    DSCF5540.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF5541.jpg
    DSCF5541.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF5542.jpg
    DSCF5542.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF5543.jpg
    DSCF5543.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF5544.jpg
    DSCF5544.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF5545.jpg
    DSCF5545.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF5546.jpg
    DSCF5546.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF5547.jpg
    DSCF5547.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 14
More fiddling with the windshield. It's almost right on. VERY picky about angle, but I had a nice ride with some clean air around my helmet. Pretty nice, but HOT tonight. I can't wait to ride to Newfoundland.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Back