What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did an oil change.......4 quarts of Rotella T and a new filter......

Then I went for a RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_dance::clapping::eusa_dance:

It's running GOOD!!!!!!:clapping:

supercharger fund, thats wicked, cant wait to see the pics of that monster, might just have to bring her down to the yukon for a look-see

Most definately going to have to go back to the YT, I love it there.

Basically, the bike will look like this one. Cept with a different, yet similar tail and my bellypan. I'm going to order the new faux tank with the scoop in a couple of months. When I get the s/c I'm going to have to figure out something to do with the nitrous. probably hang on to it for a future project.

heres a now, and a "future" pic

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 28
  • vmaxplus.jpg
    vmaxplus.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 30
do they still make the supercharger kits? u gonna go USD as well?

You can still get them. Yeah, I'm going to keep the front end the way it is for the time being. I like the look of it, and it has always handled predictably and well, so if it isn't broken I don't want to fix it :biglaugh:

pretty sweet looking, must sound awesome also. supercharger wine must be kick ass while riding.
you just use that bike stand on the headers or you got a piece of wood logged up somewhere under there.

pretty sweet looking, must sound awesome also. supercharger wine must be kick ass while riding.
you just use that bike stand on the headers or you got a piece of wood logged up somewhere under there.

Thanks, I think it sounds great. I dunno about the supercharcher wine, as I haven't put enough of the scratch aside yet. I'm about half way there. But I'll let you know when I get there.

I lift it up on the headers. If I start it, I'll put some wood in-between.

the real question would be, kj, how to put a piece of wood in there w/out the wheels on?

on a side note, excited about once u get her finished.

and also found out my front valve cover gaskets are leaking. hmm. weird i'm seeing all these small oil weapings all of a sudden (plus stator cover leak that comes and goes). maybe the engine mounts? not sure. could be the thinner (10/40) oil (vs 20/50) that i use for the last and first 1k miles of the year.

the real question would be, kj, how to put a piece of wood in there w/out the wheels on?

on a side note, excited about once u get her finished.

I put the wheels on before I started her. I had to replace the back tire after last years car show, and pull the front to put on the new CBR fender. Thats when I took the pick on the jack.

She's already back together with wheels on, Joe called this morning and told me the scoops are on thier way. so I'm thinking final pictures should be next weekend after I get the scoops painted, then thats it for the summer :)

Attachments

• SDC10292.jpg
    SDC10292.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 21
  • SDC10313.jpg
    SDC10313.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 18
  • SDC10314.jpg
    SDC10314.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 17
  • SDC10315.jpg
    SDC10315.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 17
  • rollin.jpg
    rollin.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 19
I put the wheels on before I started her. I had to replace the back tire after last years car show, and pull the front to put on the new CBR fender. Thats when I took the pick on the jack.

She's already back together with wheels on, Joe called this morning and told me the scoops are on thier way. so I'm thinking final pictures should be next weekend after I get the scoops painted, then thats it for the summer :)

nice burnout man :punk:

Well, not really today, but it took some time before the pics were online - rode my first organised ride (winter breaking), was the only VMAX there, pics at
http://picasaweb.google.com/motorvrienden.OPCD/Smoefeltocht2010D4szoenriedrsOpcdArdooie#

in case you want to get a glimpse of Belgium...

looks like you had a great time, must be nice driving around over there.

Ordered a set and a half of the ebay wavy rotors, EBC HH pads and a drag bar.

sooooooo that puts the list of things to do before riding season like this.

1) Install solid motor mounts
2) Replace brake and clutch lines with braided SS
3) Replace all disks and pads (using Jedi's brake adapter plate on the rear)
3) Install progressive front springs (lowered 1") and Ricor Intimidators
4) Install Drag bar and ISO grips

Still kicking the idea around about getting Marks exhaust. I know I will love it, but I gotta check the $$$ situation first. That also leads to rejetting the carbs.....and the list goes on and on.

I have embraced the monkey.....

that was my list. only took a couple months inbetween the basement flooding n shit.

Ordered a set and a half of the ebay wavy rotors, EBC HH pads and a drag bar.

sooooooo that puts the list of things to do before riding season like this.

2) Replace brake and clutch lines with braided SS
3) Replace all disks and pads (using Jedi's brake adapter plate on the rear)
3) Install progressive front springs (lowered 1") and Ricor Intimidators
4) Install Drag bar and ISO grips

Still kicking the idea around about getting Marks exhaust. I know I will love it, but I gotta check the $$$ situation first. That also leads to rejetting the carbs.....and the list goes on and on.

I have embraced the monkey.....

thats a good way of looking at it, it could have been other way around, buying a jet kit and That also leads to exhaust. symbiotic relationship there i guess lol.

I need some serious help.

After thinking about it all afternoon I broke down and called Mark and ordered one of his 4 into 2 pipes.

I figure that as long as I have to take the headers off to install the solid mounts, why not just change out the whole business.

Thankfully the needles only need to be shimmed (no main jet change)

That puts the updated list like this:

2) Install Marks Pipe
3) Shim carb needles and adjust A/F screws
4) Replace brake and clutch lines with braided SS
5) Replace all disks and pads (using Jedi's brake adapter plate on the rear)
6) Install progressive front springs (lowered 1") and Ricor Intimidators
7) Install Drag bar and ISO grips

Christ!......the mod monkey has got me.

After thinking about it all afternoon I broke down and called Mark and ordered one of his 4 into 2 pipes.

I figure that as long as I have to take the headers off to install the solid mounts, why not just change out the whole business.

Thankfully the needles only need to be shimmed (no main jet change)

2) Install Marks Pipe

I like the way you think Redline....yup!!

By the way....they got you wrestled to the ground and the Main Monkey (with the stick) is gonna finish ya!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Attachments

• You cannot deny the monkey!!.jpg
    You cannot deny the monkey!!.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 19
2) Install Marks Pipe
Relax RL, this is all very natural, Buster has the air treated so that we all fall under the MM spell. Some adapt to the spell readily and others just need a little convincing! (hence the stick! :rofl_200:)
Hmm, that list looks very familar for some reason????
1) Install solid Motor Mounts- I'm doing it also this year.
2) Install Marks Pipe- I did that last year!
3) Shim carbs needles and adjust A/F screws- I'm installing a set of carbs from a '02 with Mr. Morley's jet kit already installed.
4) REplaced brake and clutch lines w/ braided SS- I did clutch/ f brakes last year and adding SS throttle cables and speedometer lines this year.
5) Replace all disks and pads (using Jedi's brake adapter plate on the rear)- I added 3 wavy disc's and used Jedi's adapters on the front and rear last year, this year I'm upgrading to busa calipers using Sean's adaptors.
6) Install progressive front springs (lowered 1") and Ricor Intimidators- installed 2" lower progressive springs 2 years ago and adding intimators this year.
7) Install Drag bar and ISO grips- installed drag bars 2 yras ago but upgraded to wider flanders (thanks to a generous fellow Vmaxer!) bars but stuck with Pro Grips from original drag bar upgrade.
8) Trans overhaul and upgrade- this year I needed to repair the trans and Sean is kind enough to perform the repair as well as adding a Royal Star 5th gear OD, undercut the trans, DD clutch mod, paint the engine, shim the valves and fix any other bone headed thing I may have done to my motor.:worthy:
I think that may be it, I could be missing something though!

Got most of the ass end back together, had new steering head bearings pressed onto the stem and installed it, and ALMOST got my new R1 R/R wired in (BIG thank you to vmax626 for multiple PMs and some time on the phone giving me tips on this one). I took plenty of pics so I will write something up on it soon. She's coming together slowly, but surely. I'll be posting a ton of before/after pics once she's ready ;)
No worries Dave,
I really like helping out a brother whenever I can so feel free to call me or P.M. me if you run into any snags or need more help with anthing.:biglaugh::biglaugh:
Just get yourself a thermostat that opens at 180 degrees (Stant part #13758 or murray part # 3758) and I have a wiring diagram for installing a manual fan switch that dosen`t with the stock setting and that should cure any over heating problems also.
thermostat reference:: 1992-01 Toyota Camry 2.2L.
1996-2000 " "Rav 4 2.0L.
<<Dave>>:punk:

put the bike on the CS to make sure the wheel bearings were spinning and brakes weren't sticking after a few miles and the rebuild being complete. got worried then found out the front tire was dragging on the ground.

took a few pics of the valve cover leak. not sure if its been a while and just the extreme in temps right now.. we'll see.. crappy pic but its definitely not an insignificant leak.

Attachments

• SDC13491.jpg
    SDC13491.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 20
Cleaned the K&N and reinstalled it. Took a snapshot of the reaper key, and a view of what I'll see while riding.

Attachments

• P1030112.JPG
    P1030112.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 24
  • P1030110.jpg
    P1030110.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 23
Back