What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished putting it back together and rode it! I don't really notice much more vibes in the bars (they are larger than stock and I have bar ends tho) but I most definitely noticed lots more vibes in the footpegs. Haven't had a chance to run it into a bumpy high speed corner so can't tell if it's helped yet, but then again finding turns is kinda hard around here!

I also had a go at removing the rear rotor bolts as I wanted to swap it for this brand new wave one I have, but only 3 bolts came loose. The other 3 started rounding off, and that was with the impact driver and a really solid and well-fitting allen bit :bang head::bang head:

I guess it's a job for Sunday, I'll see if Kyle has better equipment or ideas. I also need to find my spare rotor bolts..

I finally have front brakes! I finally worked through the bleeding process while installing Tokico calipers with Sean's adapters.
Earlier in the day I had a new Metzler 880 tire installed so I could finish up my brake install and work on getting the bleeding done. It took me about a hour and a half to get the tire installed, bolt up the calipers and complete the bleeding process. I used Kevin's back bleeding process(albeit with shorter bleed lines) and my dead blow hammer to tap out all the air. My brother walked into the garage just as I was topping off the M/C and I said "if I did everything properly, I should now have brake pressure". He looked at me thinking I was pulling his leg but when I tried the lever it moved about a 1/2" and was firm. to say the least I was greatly relived!
I went for a test ride after keeping in mind I had a new tire and new brakes with HH pads to bed. After about 5 minutes of running it up to 40 - 45 and stopping I was satisfied that they were working properly I went to get the rest of my gear on and out for a better test and more brake bedding.
I knew already that the brakes were far superior but after riding for about a hour and using just two fingers to pull Redbone to a stop I was amazed at the braking power. I could use two fingers before but there is no comparison to what the tokico's can do.:punk:

I decided that I don`t like the face of my control scoop so, I spent the day farting around making a new one(I would post pics but the camera has no batterys:damn angry:)
It`s gonna look pretty kool when it`s put together but first, one more coat of paint:biglaugh::biglaugh:.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Chugging along on the build up.

Attachments

• 051300_1529[00].jpg
    051300_1529[00].jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 051300_1627[00].jpg
    051300_1627[00].jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 050700_2216[00].jpg
    050700_2216[00].jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Took a break from working on the Radian project to do somethings to my max.

Installed new led signal lights - front ones went back in their original location, had to cut 2" off the bottom of my memphis shade windshield, so that the signals fit in their original location.

Installed custom aluminum side covers, the ones on each side of gas tank. Waiting on the radiator side covers to be ready so that I can take off the stock plastic ones.

Painted new front exactrep front fender and changed front tire.

Repacked my two HMF cans.

Bikes now pretty much ready for the riding season :eusa_dance:

Mike

A couple short rides.75 80 miles total:biglaugh:,seems to be running ok:clapping:.no more hose washes for her:bang head: sponge baths only:punk:

Added a seat pad to the Virago bar.
seat002.jpg

My little guy and I spent some time cleaning up for sundays ride.:punk:

Attachments

• IMG_7131.jpg
    IMG_7131.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7133.jpg
    IMG_7133.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7134.jpg
    IMG_7134.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 19
Installed a new battery cable, flushed the cooling system, installed the fuel pump that bill kratzenberg sent me, changed the rear tire from Fargo`s rim to mine and started changing the fork seals.
The ol` woman went to the spa, so I got to play all day:eusa_dance::clapping::biglaugh:.
Hey Maximum, my bike looks just like yours in the 2nd picture LOL.
<<Dave>>:punk:

today I did more testing including a high speed run up to 140mph:biglaugh:, a couple 115-120 bursts:biglaugh: along with 45 -50 miles of "normal' ridin:confused2:all testing went fine,:eusa_dance: mable is running well:eusa_dance: and "project" unvailing is right on schuldle for the BR2010 if you cant be there, stay tuned ,pics to be posted here next weekend!

I took a nice ride (~140 miles) and found a better way to run a 3 hour loop ride. I changed the differential oil and added some fresh Mobil One 75w90. Engine oil is next on Tuesday even though I only have 300 miles on this oil, I want to have everything fresh for the Brownie Run '10 and Spring Icebreaker '10 since I'm planning on putting on about 3000 miles in 12 days.

tried to work on the nitrous install. got fed up with some crap. need some advice on other stuff as well....

i need to find some metal T and elbow fittings for different size hoses with just barbs on each end. 5/16, 3/8, 1/4 those sizes.

Back