What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode mine yesterday - Tampa to Orlando and back. Finished one tank and went through a second one, mostly at 5k rpm 90-95mph, and the fuel light came up both times spot on at 105 miles on the trip meter. Running as fine as ever :biglaugh:

Got stopped by a cop for doing 54 in a 30 zone (the only place in O-town I know of that actually has a couple of twisties!) by he was really cool, most probably a biker himself, complimented me on the bike and noticed I'd done 'work on it', said I was going too fast (I said ya I know sorry) and he let me off with a warning. Woot! :clapping:

Hi all:

4Gasem mentioned "D3 grips" he got from Sean....what do they look like?

Thanks.

Elimax

Form fitted the scoop/control panel to the tank cover today.I didn`t want to cut into it and I don`t know how to fiberglass it in but,
I can pound metal ! :eusa_dance:so, tomorrow iwill strip the old paint off the newly formed cover and mount the scoop and paint the whole thing together and
let it dry a spell.
I also got Seans muscle kit in the mail today (Thank you Sean) so, now I`m just waiting on mark to get my headers together so I can drive out and pick them up.
<<Dave>>:punk:

I picked up some screen and painted them to match the color of my scoop inserts and grill.

Mounted them in the space on my tail section. Detailed the bike to get ready for the photoshoot tomorrow with the AC Cobra.

Ok,
Here are some pics of the cover so far.
I found some areas that could some smoothening out but this is what it looks like now.

Attachments

• 105_5819.jpg
    105_5819.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 105_5813.jpg
    105_5813.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 105_5818.jpg
    105_5818.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 36
I took mine out of storage yesterday. Banged right off! Installed new mid-cut seat and removed the sissy bar. Just have to install the new D3 grips I bought from Sean, correct the paint, change the oil, and install some other small bits. I have a vmoa ride next weekend which the weather is looking good for.

Hey Eli I will post pics of the grips installed!!!!

After a few choice words of my electrical dilemma, I have overcome my obsticles of my latest upgrade. So, I finally updated the old brake light to a nice clear LED oval light with license plate mount to show off rear tire better.

I tried to install my 'Busa calipers yesterday afternoon but no luck I just could not get the system to build any pressure. I am able to pump through fluid until there is no air bubbles but no pressure will build up. I've used my dead blow hammer to tap on the calipers and this helped remove some stubborn air but still no pressure. I left the lever velcro wrapped to the grip over night still nothing but fluid runs through the system.
So today after trying for 2 more hours to get the pressure to build with the 'Busa calipers I gave up. I reinstalled my stock calipers and started the bleeding process with them. So after a hour of getting all of the air out of the stock caliper system I end up at the same result; I can pump fluid through the system but still no pressure. There are no leaks and I've used all new crush washers with each set of calipers I've tried. I have also rebuilt the master cylinder using a Yamaha kit. 1 year old Galfer SS lines in excellent shape.
I am pretty sure I know what the problem may be but what do you guys think.

Went out with a friend of mine and took some pictures.

Attachments

• CobraMax1_b.jpg
    CobraMax1_b.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 17
  • CobraMax2_b.jpg
    CobraMax2_b.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 22
  • CobraMax3_b.jpg
    CobraMax3_b.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Cobra1_a.jpg
    Cobra1_a.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Cobra5_b.jpg
    Cobra5_b.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Cobra2_b.jpg
    Cobra2_b.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 15
  • max1.jpg
    max1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 11
I tried to install my 'Busa calipers yesterday afternoon but no luck I just could not get the system to build any pressure. I am able to pump through fluid until there is no air bubbles but no pressure will build up. I've used my dead blow hammer to tap on the calipers and this helped remove some stubborn air but still no pressure. I left the lever velcro wrapped to the grip over night still nothing but fluid runs through the system.
So today after trying for 2 more hours to get the pressure to build with the 'Busa calipers I gave up. I reinstalled my stock calipers and started the bleeding process with them. So after a hour of getting all of the air out of the stock caliper system I end up at the same result; I can pump fluid through the system but still no pressure. There are no leaks and I've used all new crush washers with each set of calipers I've tried. I have also rebuilt the master cylinder using a Yamaha kit. 1 year old Galfer SS lines in excellent shape.
I am pretty sure I know what the problem may be but what do you guys think.

when i put my new masters on it did the same thing. i had a little pressure but not much. i rebled and rebled no help. finally i let them overnight which didn't do much (with lever open) and then just rode with them being careful. within 10 miles it was almost how i expect it to be....:confused2:

Ok,
Here are some pics of the cover so far.
I found some areas that could some smoothening out but this is what it looks like now.
Hey; that looks pretty damm good, you got skills man make sure you post pics. when you finish.

Hey dave i got that switch hooked up for the timing advance works great pulls like a tractor, then when i get into 5th. gear at about 5 or 6 grand i turn the switch off going back to stock timing, run like a scalded cheeta, thanks for the info.

when i put my new masters on it did the same thing. i had a little pressure but not much. i rebled and rebled no help. finally i let them overnight which didn't do much (with lever open) and then just rode with them being careful. within 10 miles it was almost how i expect it to be....:confused2:
I can't/ wouldn't ride it as I have -0- pressure, the pads are loose in the caliper but it still has enough to push the fluid through. I suspect the M/C's diaphragm is the culprit. I already emailed Sean to see if he has one, if not I have Ron Ayers queued up to get one shipped out overnight.

I may have one but it probably won't look pretty. Odds are the calipers and master are fine. Sometimes they are just a royal bitch to bleed. Thought i haven't broken down myself I think that a good set of speed bleeders are the trick here.

Sean

A friend of mine is working on his Suz right now and he's having the same problem. If he gets it done, He's going to call and tell me what he done. then I'll pass it on.

Back