What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i actually like it! any pics from the drivers seat? what brand, where'd ya get it?

I will get you a drivers seat pic. It is a Rifle Cruise Tour Fairing that mounts to the forks. That ended up being the problem they only sell it for certain bikes so I had to figure out what I could make work because my 98 has 43 mm forks. It turns out there are not that many 43 mm fork clamps on the market. I ended up emailing Rifle for installation instructions & hardware kits for different bikes & figured out what I could make work with the memphis shade adjustable fork clamps that I could buy for 43mm forks. I didn't like the windsheilds available for the Max. I knew there had to something better I could do for such an iconic machine. I was thinking about getting another bike with a fairing on also but honestly any other bike I have rode bore me to death. I love having that burst... It is pretty basic from the driver seat veiw.

I am a fan of Rifle and have had their Superbike Fairing on a 85 Suzuki GS1150E and my current 97 V-Max. It was destroyed in my accident and I haven't replaced it yet. Watching on eBay for a cheap replacement since I have to get it painted anyway. They have 3 fairings that fit the Max. The Superbike is the middle sized one. The Sport is larger and can handle a radio set-up and the smaller looks best. Can't remember the name of the smallest one though. Good quality stuff.

put a new starter on my max. and sodered the crimp connection in the harness.
Then rode for the rest of the day.

repositioned the handlebar somewhat (rotated it downward a little) - much more comfortable riding position now, reminds me of my GS500E I learned the trade on, can't wait to take it out (started raining...). Took of the radiator grill and side covers, cleaned the radiator (blowing it out, rinsing & blowing dry). Ordered a beowulf set of stainless grill/covers
http://beowulf-performance-products.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=1853
Now if it would just stop raining!

And here it is!

http://www.elas.be/beowulffront.jpg

Well the mod monkey came over and did the rear shocks and they work quite well.

Attachments

• Image0068.jpg
    Image0068.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Image0069.jpg
    Image0069.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Image0070.jpg
    Image0070.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Image0071.jpg
    Image0071.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Image0076.jpg
    Image0076.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Image0078.jpg
    Image0078.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Image0079.jpg
    Image0079.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Image0081.jpg
    Image0081.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 12
WOW, nice spy cam shots of the Mod Monkey at work!!!! I actually found one of their manuals at my house a few weeks ago. It seems that Jodi found it outside on the driveway and thought I might like it.......

Looks great! I was looking at the side covers, how are they for quality? Also, could you please shoot a pic from rear 3/4 for me? TIA

I too have the beowulf radiator cover and sides. These to me appear to be of good quality. I like them on my 2005.

Damn, your Monkey needs to go back into the Ninja training we gave him prior to sending him to your house!!!!!!!

He was pretty fit and I REALLY DIDN'T SEE HIM UNTIL I BUSTED HIM checking out my bank account and then he got really depressed and started overeating to compensate.So I had to buy some 2nd hand rear shocks to make him feel wanted.And then an Irate customs radiator mysteriously turned up at my work so I guess he must be getting back on track and the couch is no longer warm when I sit down and the tv has stopped turning on by itself when I'm not home.:confused2:....and then there is the Playmonkeys mags I found under the spare bed???????I think he needs a refresher course.Cheers Kevman.

It's not so much what I did to Vmax Archangel, its what I did for it.
Priority mailed off a money order for a Morley's Muscle Jet kit w/ adjustable neeedles. :clapping:

It's not so much what I did to Vmax Archangel, its what I did for it.
Priority mailed off a money order for a Morley's Muscle Jet kit w/ adjustable neeedles. :clapping:

Very cool! Congrats! I just put a Muscle Kit in mine and it runs great. Really strong!

Very cool! Congrats! I just put a Muscle Kit in mine and it runs great. Really strong!

Thanks, I'm looking forward to winding down the season with it on. on;y about 4 more weeks left of riding up here unless the snow flies early.

RETURNING TO TOPIC :biglaugh: :
After rain riding the last few days, I washed it.

me? nothing just some seafoam as i won't be back on her fo ra week or so, going to orlando for a week.

however we're moving our buildings and today infront of our new building guess what I saw!:

Attachments

• 2010-09-10 12.01.14.jpg
    2010-09-10 12.01.14.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 2010-09-10 12.01.00.jpg
    2010-09-10 12.01.00.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 28
me? nothing just some seafoam as i won't be back on her fo ra week or so, going to orlando for a week.

however we're moving our buildings and today infront of our new building guess what I saw!:

Plead and BEG him to cut that can down... DAMN! :biglaugh:

I rode mine last night... Went over to a buddies and synced his Venture and then we rode over (he has a max too) to one of our local bike nights.

BEA-utiful night for it too. Ran like a dream... 50 more miles and I'll have 4000 on her... Gonna have to stop riding it... Miles are racking up FAST!:rofl_200:

Chris

Installed Seans Carb kit & New Handlebars last week, and Progressive front springs today. Runs & handles really good.:clapping:

These were nice upgrades!

Back