What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started prepping for engine change. Should have one of Seans engines with undercut trans, heavy duty oiling, shift sector and fifth gear overdrive. While its down powdercoating Scoops Backrest and swing arm. Probably another month for the motor. DAMN but it will be worth it.

Attachments

• blk scoops an br.jpg
    blk scoops an br.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 20
  • vmax engine removed1.jpg
    vmax engine removed1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 19
  • vmax engine removed 2.jpg
    vmax engine removed 2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 18
Saturday, installed a COO spin-on oil filter adapter which went on easy enough but getting the new cross brace, frame and the COO frame sliders to bolt together took a little longer than expected. But it all went together with some creative language, and after a hundred mile test run there were no leaks. I'm looking forward to much easier oil changes in the future!:punk:

Finished installing my brake calipers using a set set of jedi's adpters to fit floating wave rotors. Sean had them chromed at the same place that he had do my wheels. I pulled my rear wheel back off because I'd for gotten to install the hub dust seal #12 on the part fische. So now it's back together, every thing torqued, off the lift. Carrozzeria wheels chromed. All new bearings, seals, clutch hub, speedo drive. Bridgestone 130/70 zr 18 front 180/55 zr 18 rear. I put a new seal and o-ring in the middle gear output carrier, repacked the u-joint. Repainted the swing arm and installed new bearing sets and seals. Replaced left rear foot peg bracket with a like new used one. Ran a 10 gauge ground wire from the regulator mount screw to the engine case bolt. New galfer wave rotor in rear, chinese wave rotors in front. New galfer HH pads front and rear. New stainless and titainium fastners. Tomorrow. test drive. I think I've finally got it all sorted out but, tomorrow will tell. Rand.

Went for a 30 mile shake down ride. So far no problems. I stopped at cycle gear and had a guy come in and asked who owns the vmax. He's got a 93. I told him about the forum and the VMOA and he said that he would check them out. It seems strange not to have a little puddle of oil under it.

Cleaned her up after a good long ride yesterday. Richened the idle circuit a tad, was just a bit lean. Installed a 12 volt recepticlle for my phone,mini air compressor/trickle charger. Ready to go again. Quabbin anybody?.............lol
Steve-o

Saturday, installed a COO spin-on oil filter adapter which went on easy enough but getting the new cross brace, frame and the COO frame sliders to bolt together took a little longer than expected. But it all went together with some creative language, and after a hundred mile test run there were no leaks. I'm looking forward to much easier oil changes in the future!:punk:
That's one I'm glad I did Brian.

Cleaned her up after a good long ride yesterday. Richened the idle circuit a tad, was just a bit lean. Installed a 12 volt recepticlle for my phone,mini air compressor/trickle charger. Ready to go again. Quabbin anybody?.............lol
Steve-o

I like your "Chino" icon! What did you get the trophy for, 'Chino?'

My favorite job. Pulled my battery. Man I just caught it perfect. 2 middle cells 1/2 down, next 2 top of low line, outer just below the line. Cleaned it and filled it with distilled water and put the float charger back on.

Pulled my wiring connecters apart. Cleaned them up, greased them, and plugged them back together. Cleaned the battery cables and grounds. Reinstalled the battery. Rewired my battery maintainer plug with a fused unit. Added a waterproof power outlet that's fused. I'm going to go riding tomorrow for a couple of days and I Hope it starts.

Went out to do a simple fix & put a new oring on the radiator drain & replace the Orings on the Water pipe. The stupid ass water pipe is being a piece of crap & dont want to come out.

Kyle, did you get that latest VMax from Stuart?

It was a nice 81deg day, so I thought I would play a little. I took out my new, Flip 8GB Ultra HD camera and did a walk around my bike. Then I went for a ride around town.

The second video was taken a few days ago with it mounted in the usual location on the bike. The video has a noticeable wayvyness to it. Its more than likely due to my camera mount. Im thinking of a nice way to dampen it to smooth out the video.

It's not a bad camera at all, 720HD for under $70. I can live with it :biglaugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnZ6kU9GyWY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcYc4RygkLE

Took 7+ hour lunch ride. It was 104*F in Topeka today and temp gauge barely made it above the 1/2 way mark.

I'd say it works very well KJ.... :biglaugh: I remember parts of the video scenery from our visit a few years back.... Thanx, that was Cool...

The last one I got was from FT pierce. I heard about a 92 in stuart but I heard it was not what it was supposed to be & for the asking price I saw there was no money to be made if were talking about the same one.
Yeah, I saw that advertised, looked kinda like the one you got, wondered if that was it. People think non-running bikes are worth thousands of $$! I am always surprised what people value their junk at.

KJ, looked like a nice video but my iPad wouldn't play it for **++*%%^*^!! i did see the wavyness. Maybe some closed-cell foam?

Took 7+ hour lunch ride. It was 104*F in Topeka today and temp gauge barely made it above the 1/2 way mark.

104 degrees? I am never gonna complain about south Florida again! My pool is usually about 90 by now. Ever since Hurricane Andrew relieved the house of the screen enclosure, we get full thermal gain, the screening kept it a bit cooler.

Yeah, I saw that advertised, looked kinda like the one you got, wondered if that was it. People think non-running bikes are worth thousands of $$! I am always surprised what people value their junk at.

KJ, looked like a nice video but my iPad wouldn't play it for **++*%%^*^!! i did see the wavyness. Maybe some closed-cell foam?
The one in Stuart is Burgandy & he wants like 2800 . He says its clean but some one else looked at it & says it wont even run.. I made a deal on another one in Orlando I am picking it up in the morning. Damn I need a bigger garage.

I'd say it works very well KJ.... :biglaugh: I remember parts of the video scenery from our visit a few years back.... Thanx, that was Cool...

Thanks, I ditched my camera mount then bought a Ram Mount. A good friend of mine has the set up I have and told me the Ram Mount will greatly improve the video quality.

Back