What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added a companion yamaha to sit next to the vmax. My son of twelve bought a 2004 ttr125 to replace the dr100 he has outgrown..... Had to tinker with the pilot screw to get it to idle.. But man that little motor got some balls. Previous owner had shined the bike up... Including the seat... Gave it some gas and i slid back on seat which caused me to give more throttle ... Dammed if it didn't wheelie on me lol..... I gotta get me a dirtbiike to mess around on.... Lol. 8hp my ass .... Roflmao

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

I decided to give them a shot and bought a few oz a couple weeks ago. Hoping they live up the hype. Will still be awhile before I get to test em

I have been using dynabeads for over a year on my ride. Besides a clean wheel having no lead weights, these things keep the tires balanced perfect as stated. I am very pleased with the dynabeads and highly recommend them. Very easy to install too.

At noon I began to re-install my engine. Now I have the mounts in-place and just need to torque them down. I used a big floor jack & a small 14" lift floor jack like you would use a horizontal screw jack to install an engine into a car where you have to insert it bell housing-down/timing cover-up. I removed the entire swingarm/rear wheel/shocks/rear brake assy. as a complete unit after I removed the right foot peg/rear brake master cyl. I also had to break out my torch because the horn mount bolts snapped-off when trying to disassemble things initially. A bit of heat, and straight-jaw vise grips, "Bob's yer uncle!" Didn't even need the PB Blaster.

The whole while I am working on this, everything from WW II prop planes to a B1-B and F15's are overflying my home on their way to the Ft. Lauderdale Air Show-how cool is that?

I was feeling so-confident about how the install is going, I stopped to post-up my progress and to drink an American beer, thank-you Sam Adams, "brewer & patriot!"

Hope the weather as we approach May is sufficient in the rest of the country to get in some riding. The way this is going, I should be able to ride soon, very soon! :clapping:

Update: engine in, driveshaft & swingarm in, rear wheel/brake on, going to do the VBoost & carbs/airbox. May call it a day after that & try the cooling system & exhaust tomorrow. Fill it w/fluids, start it, check for leaks. That should be it.

Update II: VBoost & carbs on, exhaust, cooling system & finish electrical connections, H2O & oil, then the "moment of truth..."

Last edited:
Got the supertrapps settled... and... installed my new Avons... the bike handles amazing now... having to hold myself back in the corners :punk:

pretty sure Im gonna do the Venture diff... need more gear :eusa_dance:

My headlight burnt out, so I ordered and finally installed a new HID bulb. It is the one on the LEFT HAND side and if you look closely, you can see a red ring around it.

It took an eternity to install, and after I was done, my wife informs me that we need two of them. So I just ordered a second one. Ugh. Anyway, here are pics:

IMAG0412.jpg

IMAG0410.jpg

IMAG0411.jpg

I had the scoops polished. I think the scoops look better polished but chrome will look even better so i will check on chrome monday.

Attachments

• 2012-04-29_00-42-21_301.jpg
    2012-04-29_00-42-21_301.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 22
Installed my COO Frame sliders & done some measuring & mocking up for my Busa front & rear caliper brackets.
yo cap, what footpegs are you running?

1) Today I cleaned my exhaust pipes. Man they were in bad shape after a couple months of neglect: Barkeeper's Friend
2) Replaced the neoprene water pipe couplers I used for my velocity stacks with silicone ones
3) Bolted on BikeMaster footpads

Last edited:
yo cap, what footpegs are you running?

1) Today I cleaned my exhaust pipes. Man they were in bad shape after a couple months of neglect: Barkeeper's Friend
2) Replaced the neoprene water pipe couplers I used for my velocity stacks with silicone ones
Just some I found on ebay & hit the buy it now button. They might be in my catalog but it was an impulse buy & I never looked.LOL

Didn't get to work on Redbone but I did work on the trailer. I painted the floor with anti slip paint. The trailer is a 6'x12' "V" nose so the interior measures 13'-9" so it will give me room to stagger two bikes and add some shelving/ drawers in the "V".
I picked up some aluminum track 24"(4) , track fittings (4) for tie down points along both side walls. Also ordered these anchor points to place in the center for the inside tiedown points. I also picked up this chock to mount when I receive it. I will strap it down with these 2" ratchet straps and handlebar straps. I will install the hardware sometime in the next couple days.
Now for the required pictures:

Attachments

• IMG_1625.jpg
    IMG_1625.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1642.jpg
    IMG_1642.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1632.jpg
    IMG_1632.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1646.jpg
    IMG_1646.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 19
...the next one I get will not go in storage the home owners ass. is just gonna have to deal with it.
sorry, but i couldn't help laughing at myself after i figured out what you meant. i thought you were trying to shove the trailer up some home owner's ass. :rofl_200:

I received my adjustable clutch & brake levers from Shirely in China. They look/feel great...

...but still no bike to fit them to :bang head::bang head: I'm gonna take myself a trip over east soon and raid those arseholes shippers :damn angry::damn angry::damn angry:

Latest posts

Back