What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took mine out for a shake down run after installing the Superbike bars and making various other adjustments and.... Its waaaay more fun in the twisties now

:punk:

I drove it over to meet Rovic and gab for a bit, then I rode it to campus to take a test and when I got home. I washed it.

frontquarter.jpg

School's over for me for the winter term, but summer term starts Mon.! No break! Ah, that's OK, I can use the $.

Out commencement speaker was Dr. Jill Biden. Did you know her husband has a 1967 Corvette? The Secret Service won't let him drive it anymore.

Your bike looks in fine shape there, KJ. It sounds like you have been able to balance school and hobbies.

School's over for me for the winter term, but summer term starts Mon.! No break! Ah, that's OK, I can use the $.

Out commencement speaker was Dr. Jill Biden. Did you know her husband has a 1967 Corvette? The Secret Service won't let him drive it anymore.

Your bike looks in fine shape there, KJ. It sounds like you have been able to balance school and hobbies.

Thanks, being the broke college student I don't go out much. Dad and I have movie weekends in the TV room and I work on my bike. That's about it.

Summer session 1 starts next week here, I'm enrolled in summer session II that starts in July. It's a Semester work of classes in a month. 5 days a week 5 hours a pop that includes both lecture and lab. Then I'll have about 3 weeks break then fall semester starts.

Thats too bad about not letting him drive the vet. They could always add a few thousand more lbs and add the bulletproof goodies. :biglaugh:

Archangel is sweet looking as always KJ. Red accents adds a a little something-something!:punk::punk::punk:
I normally refer to my Vmax as Archangel, but when I'm typing something I refer to it as "it". My truck has a name too, but I mainly just refer to it as "The Dodge."

Picture after washing from the other side.

rightview.jpg

KJ, that is one badass looking Vmax!! I really like the way you have it setup. Just goes to show, our bikes couldn't be more different but I have a true respect for other style Max's that are done as tastefully as yours. You can really tell how much a bike means to somebody just by the small details of the mods they do to their bikes. If I ever buy another gen 1 that's kinda how i'd do it up. GREAT JOB, Ed✨

I took mine to the Drag Strip in Byron Illinois, Its the First time I have raced it , went with a good friend who has a 1997 ZX9R who runs 10.60's well I didnt beat that BUT I did run a 11.56 @ 118.28 best with aTR of .415 an a 60 @1.989
and 1/8 7.492 @98.66

She seem's to be running good as normal but I wondered if i could do 11.0? and he thought NOT said 11.30 would be more real, How did I do in all your eye's:worthy:

I took mine to the Drag Strip in Byron Illinois, Its the First time I have raced it , went with a good friend who has a 1997 ZX9R who runs 10.60's well I didnt beat that BUT I did run a 11.56 @ 118.28 best with aTR of .415 an a 60 @1.989
and 1/8 7.492 @98.66

She seem's to be running good as normal but I wondered if i could do 11.0? and he thought NOT said 11.30 would be more real, How did I do in all your eye's:worthy:
Not bad for the first time out congrats !

Really good for the experience level you currently have. I haven't run at the strip in 30 years so I'm way out of practice. I'd be happy to get that kind of time the first trip out to race Kyle. He'd whip my Ass of course....

Well I was heading out to go out and went to start the bike and behold I could not get it to fire up. So I pull out the multi volt meter and seen I have 12.4 volts but the battery had no guts. So I jerk the battery out and go up to my local pars house and they test it bad cells. So I buy a 340 amp AMG gel cell battery, I have to cut the battery box but I said for the extra power, it is worth the battery box getting cut. I get everything button up and double check the charging system and all was good.

@johnjacob was your front end strapped down. I found that simple strap helped a lot

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I lowered the front end 1/2 inch ( raised the fork tubes up in the triple clamps), if for no other reason than cosmetics and to just see if it made a little difference in the speed wobble.
I didn't run flat out, but at 105-110 passing cars on the highway, it felt a little more stable. i didn't get and hold it over 115 to see if I still had the head shake in that range.

Then later errands and dinner with the wife turned into the long way home to the tune of about 100 miles. :)

Used a dremel to cut out the Scoops of my megascoops. Gonna find some mesh to attatch to the front. Later I'm going to add red led accent lights to the inside of them.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336336521473.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336336521473.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back