What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fitted ebay special mirrors yesterday, went out for a ride and really happy with the new tires (Bridgestone BT-023 GT ) . Took the mirrors back off today..
Hunted in the garage and found a pair of Oberon bar end mirrors and new grips, fitted these which are much better.
Came across R1 front calipers and new pads (bought early last year), so fitted those.

Removed the Yamaha backrest and rack. Replaced with OEM grab bar. Modified rear signal lights ( after market non-LED ) with an internal reflector so the are now much brighter. Will spin up some extenders to mount these signal lights in front. ( Bullitt faring is too wide otherwise)
Lew

@johnjacob was your front end strapped down. I found that simple strap helped a lot

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
No I didnt have it straped,, My friend with the ZX9RR does strap his down, I really thought I did well for NOT racing that bike other than playing on the street The track is so much harder cause of the distractions and other bikes noises. I asked him (my friend ) to make a pass and he has never raced MY bike and He went 11.72 2.00 60 foot. I think I asked him if he thought I could go 11.00 and He thought 11.30 if i nailed down the 60 foot My best 60 was 1.884 but wheel came up under acceleration in 1st and I pussyed out and chopped the gas and went back on it,, Im 188 lbs with gear on friend is 200 and he did I think pretty good on mine Never racing it!

:rofl_200:Me and other vmaxer's beat the shit out of them to hell and back. (literally):rofl_200:

Lets see....Saturday night worked 3.5 hours on my buddies 2005 replacing fork seals, adding progressive spring kit with 1" lowing internally.

Sunday we all went out riding for 7 hours!!!

Oh and I added new cylinder fins to accent the engine......

Picked up some new tires (yes on my vmax :) ) changed the jets to 147.5 (it literraly took 15 min), synced the carbs, and made some scoop inserts from bug screen. It "sounds" like it idles better with the smaller jets but didn't get a chance to test ride it yet since it was raining pretty hard yesterday.

I have stock carbs with a stock airbox, with 4-2-1 holeshot headers with IXIL muffler so the smaller jets should help, you could tell it was running rich before.

Picked up some new tires (yes on my vmax :) ) changed the jets to 147.5 (it literraly took 15 min), synced the carbs, and made some scoop inserts from bug screen. It "sounds" like it idles better with the smaller jets but didn't get a chance to test ride it yet since it was raining pretty hard yesterday.

I have stock carbs with a stock airbox, with 4-2-1 holeshot headers with IXIL muffler so the smaller jets should help, you could tell it was running rich before.

4-2-1 Systems seem to like 147.5's at sea level.... I sync my carbs at 3000 RPM and let the idle fall where it may.
Seemed to work well for my last dyno run with SkullDuggery... 126.02 and 83.63. 4-2-1 Kerker with Marks 12", 2" outlet..:clapping:

I painted a frame to match my paint on my bike. Then I spent a few hours and put it in glass form. :biglaugh:

Attachments

• VmaxEtching1.jpg
    VmaxEtching1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Got my foot pads from CaptainKyle today and slapped them puppies on and took the bike out for a 6 hour ride. Enjoyed the new footing, now my feet do not slide off the crash bars.

Did some rattle can work. Its high temp paint with ceramic. I think it turned out pretty sweet.
IMAG0338.jpg

IMAG0342.jpg

Today I spoke to my Australian compliance people. Was told the government did a 'spot audit' on them! So my bike is apparently all done, but they're waiting for the official documentation to come through. It may even be there already, they will call again later to let me know.

I'm excited, I may actually get my bike soon!!!

Put on my new to me V4 Intake covers & Diaphram covers I got from another member .

Attachments

• carb covers sassy controller 002.jpg
    carb covers sassy controller 002.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 30
  • carb covers sassy controller 003.jpg
    carb covers sassy controller 003.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 26
  • carb covers sassy controller 004.jpg
    carb covers sassy controller 004.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 28
Back