What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally received the correct rear R-1 brake caliper adapter and mounted it up . Ahhhhh..... rear brakes !

Attachments

• Rear R-1 brake with adapter.jpg
    Rear R-1 brake with adapter.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 50
Fitted the new (larger) tank today, it is tight but fit easier than I thought it would. I have no idea whatsoever why Yamaha didn't make the tank that big to start with..:ummm: But, found out there were two (!) fuel filters fitted in line, and both had crud in them. Can I bloody find a new one in the local shops? Can I fuck..

Then, big downer, while attempting to fit the fuel hose to the pickup on the new tank the plastic nipple BROKE. :bang head: M*****fuck**!!! :damn angry::damn angry::damn angry: Right now it's superglued but I'm not holding my breath, I think I'm gonna have to go find some kind of metal nipple with a thread to screw into the plastic where the old one broke.. :confused2:

Also, cleaned up and did four coats of primer on my new rear shorter mudguard, having cut off about an inch of it to fit with the bigger tank. It's nice and grey and drying overnite. I got the GM orange paint made up and put in a rattle can at the local paint shop, and I have a can of quality clear coat. Wish me luck..

OEM exhaust if off, Jardines will be in there soon, as well as COPs. Now, I can't find my adjustable clutch levers anywhere :ummm::ummm: I know I bought a pair, but wtf have they gone!?

Mod Monkey central, I'm realising I've been gagging to do all this stuff for too long..:clapping:

Haven't done anything exciting yet but I did do a valve lash check and miraculously....all 16 valves were in spec!!

I figure the valve lash gods owe me one tho....when I did the 5-valve XJ700X last winter all 20 valves were out of spec!! Every single one of them needed a shim change! :bang head::bang head::bang head:

Attachments

• 100_2813.jpg
    100_2813.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 40
Haven't done anything exciting yet but I did do a valve lash check and miraculously....all 16 valves were in spec!!

I figure the valve lash gods owe me one tho....when I did the 5-valve XJ700X last winter all 20 valves were out of spec!! Every single one of them needed a shim change! :bang head::bang head::bang head:

Yes but now it runs so-much better, & isn't that worth the 20 shim work?

Rode to work and just changed the oil. Beautiful day. Heck, it's always a good day when you can ride.

No work on the Max today but at least I worked on a V4 . I bought a 98 Magna a Wednesday that had been sitting at least a year with no fuel in it. I took the tank off & cleaned it & was gonna pull the carbs but I figured I would hook my gas bottle up first . I got lucky pulled the choke hit the button & she fired right up one float stuck for a few seconds & that was it idels nice & smooth & is really responsive .

Changed the air compressor on the bike cause my old one puked, extended the wires for my bottle heater so its not stretched tight anymore and topped off my nitrous bottles... Gonna go get some 89 octane ethenol free gas tomorrow and I'll be pretty much all set to race again next weekend, still hoping to run an 11.0 or 10.9 on motor but want to try to get to the 10.30's on spray...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Totally worth it! Besides, the cams have to come out whether you do one or twenty.....so, might's well do 'em all! :biglaugh:

i love that 700 engine:punk:,,shure sounds sweet when its spooled up:biglaugh:

Well, my VMax became a Daddy. Time to hand out the cigars! I will bring home the Baby VMax next week. I just have to finish the final adoption paperwork. I found an '86 Fazer in pretty good shape. All stock and the motor plays a nice musical tone. Needs a good cleaning and some minor maintenance issues. Need something for a daily rider and when I am working on the VMax. Ahhh, one more 250 mile road trip and it will be at home.

Between classes and study sessions, I've been altering and painting Archangel. Tonight, I mounted the speedo, was fitting some of the bodywork, and making some brackets, when it hit me. I so love my bike right now.

As some of the pieces get fitted while others are drying, I'm really starting to like the satin black. All the red on the bike will be gone. The scheme I have going in my head is satin black with gloss black accents (Yamaha logo/name/VMX12, the 4 scoop inserts, grill, pivot covers, levers, brake stay, and the mesh in the holes of the tail section.

p1040022o.jpg

Waiting on some boxes w/"highly-desireable" stuff inside. One is supposed to arrive today (10-6-12) according to USPS tracking.

The other is just going out the door on its way to me, and is one of those things we all want & need, sitting on a shelf, just for that time when we need them... .

The other is just going out the door on its way to me, and is one of those things we all want & need, sitting on a shelf, just for that time when we need them... .
I'm Guessing A Smith & Wessen .44 Magnum or at the very least an 18" Pistol Grip 12 Guage Street Sweeper. :D

I'm Guessing A Smith & Wessen .44 Magnum or at the very least an 18" Pistol Grip 12 Guage Street Sweeper. :D

Ah, the infamous "Street Sweeper!" I used to see one of the SWAT guys sporting one when they were going on a drug raid. Dunno if it ever "spoke in-anger." Remington 870's seemed to be a favorite, w/a pistol grip.

Been thinking about asking Dave for some handgun advisement, wonder what he says about the revolver vs. automatic, I would guess 'revolver for reliability & automatic for more shots.' A lot of the PD's here carry Glocks.

^ Yep the Remington 870 with 18" Barrel and Pistol Grip, is the Perfect Home Defense Weapon IMO.
But a .44 Mag is pretty damn intimidating too.
Those Street Sweepers are the S**T though, I don't don't know they'd even sell them to civilians though.
http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/safr/striker-protecta-e.html

EDIT
Back on Topic: Sadly, I didn't do anything o my Vmax today not even ride it.

Back