What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have great kids Sean, its rare to hear of kids that actually want to work these days! As far as the tool kit, why not just pick up a complete OEM one from ebay? The original has everything you need. (goes under the passenger seat, BTW) Bob
Marsmax
Pretty fortunate I have three kids that compete to clear the driveway, and they do the neighbors too.

Found a tool bag. Tried searching for essential tools (bike didn't come with anything). Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a solid list.

This I'd what I'm thinking:
-8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 19, 22, 27 mm wrenches
-Stubby ratchet
-2" extension
-8-14mm sockets
-Adj wrench
-Spanner wrench (where can I get one of these)
-Allen wrenches (sizes?)

Sean

Somehow I overlooked the one that is on there the other day. My biggest need right now is the spanner wrench for the shocks. Maybe harbor freight has one.

Sean

I'm checking my bank account every few hours waiting for my tax return to show up. Then the tear down and spending begin. Good thing Danny decided not to sell his 86. I don't have to deal with that temptation anymore :eusa_dance: I went through the same thing when Bud Moore was selling his bike a year or two ago. The monkey is strong and only cares about one thing. Muuuust reeesisssst:th_biggun:

Spent the day patiently strumming my fingers on the desk, waiting to see my new to me 2010 Vmax!! Can't come soon enough even if I can't ride it, I can ogle it in the garage!!:eusa_dance:

Made me some front brake lines out of high pressure lines off of a steam system that I work on at the Navy Yard. Man cut out about 60 feet on the lines.

I crimp the lines on the brake ends and use blue shrink heat tape and rap around the lines.

They look better than the pictures.

Attachments

• vmax made brake lines 1.jpg
    vmax made brake lines 1.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 38
  • Picture 076.jpg
    Picture 076.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Picture 078.jpg
    Picture 078.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 35
Made me some front brake lines out of high pressure lines off of a steam system that I work on at the Navy Yard. Man cut out about 60 feet on the lines.

I crimp the lines on the brake ends and use blue shrink heat tape and rap around the lines.

That looks great, good idea. Are you gonna do clutch line to match

Is that safe?

I think most brake lines are rated to about 3,000 PSI. Working line pressure depends on the components in the system. From what I understand, 1,000 PSI is an average line pressure in a hydraulic brake application. Kinda crazy to think about that. Thats is ton of pressure!...............

Ok, half a ton. :biglaugh:

Back