What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would grind the clamp and riser and not the bar. More then enough material there.

Well, I wouldn't do any grinding on any part of my bike to mount a cheap handlebar, I'd buy a handlebar which had the correct fit and powdercoat it if I wanted a different look than stock. That's just my choice. I can return my bike to stock easily, except for the undercut tranny. I'm like that good-lookin' fellow, Mr. Miles Long, who likes that '80's thing of the stock-appearing VMax. Why, I even like the lollipop lights. Maybe it's because one of the first fire engines I drove had lollipops, yes, that's just what they called them. They were on the tailboard grab-bar area, back when we rode on that instead of being in a cab compartment. You used to shout down the hard suction tube mounted on the left side of the engine cab to speak to the driver/engineer. And the "Light from Mars" which swung back and forth, like some vintage locomotives' front lights did.

I just think that GK Design look nailed it right off the drawing board.

Fire-medic, I would have done that, had I been able to find a bar of the dimensions I want, with sufficent clamping area. Sadly, the only other options seemed to be drag bars, and I find those to be too low, due to interference between the throttle cables and the airbox cover. With these bars, the housing is nearly in the same location, and I get the added comfort. (I would have paid $100 for these, just for the comfort of a better angle for the grips)

Just noticing a ton of people selling the Gen 1's, some upgrading to the 2's.... Jealous, but I wouldn't sell mine for 10X what I paid for it, only because I wanted one so bad and I am intent on making it mine for life. Still have to get my bills paid so I can get a garage and then a New Gen2.. Somehow I spend about 2 hours looking the the 1200 VFR yesterday online also...There is something that keeps drawing me to it for a crosscountry trip bike....lol

Just noticing a ton of people selling the Gen 1's, some upgrading to the 2's.... Jealous, but I wouldn't sell mine for 10X what I paid for it, only because I wanted one so bad and I am intent on making it mine for life. Still have to get my bills paid so I can get a garage and then a New Gen2.. Somehow I spend about 2 hours looking the the 1200 VFR yesterday online also...There is something that keeps drawing me to it for a crosscountry trip bike....lol
+1 even when I do get a gen II, I won't get rid of my gen I

Install new clutch slave cylinder, bleed the clutch with the vacuum pump total time install 42mins. I used my cell phone as a stop watch down loaded a app.

I think now just about all parts new on the bike. "O" rear brake old but 2 years ago pick up a rebuild kit.

Attachments

• mix pics 059.jpg
    mix pics 059.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 21
  • mix pics 070.jpg
    mix pics 070.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 21
  • mix pics 060.jpg
    mix pics 060.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 22
  • mix pics 073.jpg
    mix pics 073.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 21
Changed the shift pattern of the bike from 1 down....4 up, to 1 up...4 down, so basically I reversed it. Took about an hour to do, and most of that was spent grinding.

I had read about this in an old Vboost ( a wealth of info there)...and when I met Don Smith last week, he had done it to his bike, so figured why not?

After a quick ride around town....it feels AWESOME!!!! VERY positive upshifts (which are now down shifts)

Wow that's cool...

Put new cover on bike.. Nelson-Rigg Defender 500 XL.. fits perfect, now I won't have to keep moving it from back shed to driveway this summer. It bits into my time trying to get ready for the drive to work in the mornings, I don't care for the wet grass, and hoping it doesn't fall over in the yard when I am opening the gate..Cover is silver, and water proof- breathing holes on both sides. Black heats up way too much...
How does this fit on your bike, is there room enough for my Vmax w/ 3" longer swingarm or should I just go the next size up?

Got the new bars mounted. I need to narrow them to get things just right. But to do that, I am gonna have to rotate the lines coming off the master cylinders. A job for tomorrow.

Gonna have to get different mounts for the windshield. Thinking a 2nd pair of fork clamps will do the trick.

Went for a ride... froze my dick off. Fucking temps dropped from 50 a little past noon, to mid 30's and spitting friggin snow. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK?

And while trying to find the clamps needed to go from a handlebar/fork mounting for my Malibu windshield, I am finding you can get the clamps, but they DO NOT come with the little circular pieces which the mounting rods go through...

Fuck my life... I think when the revolution happens, us bikers will be making sure the corporate owners of the motorcycle aftermarket companies are against the wall. Forget the effin politicians, I wanna go after the bastards that are REALLY pissing me the fuck off right now.

Ok, rant over. Pray for some friggin warmer weather soon so I dont frostbite my cock into oblivion.

I took my bike to John Furbur yesterday at RMSSportmax. He leaned out the idle mixture and set the needle valves 1 step higher.

Thank you, John, for not only letting me watch, but explaining everything each step of the way. I sincerely appreciate it! Next time, if needed, I can probably do it myself.

The bike is running much stronger now. The Kerker woke it up!

The thermometer says, ninety-one degrees Fahrenheit. No snow forecast. I hope thing warm-up for you. I'm spending the weekend working on the house.

Went for a ride... froze my dick off. Fucking temps dropped from 50 a little past noon, to mid 30's and spitting friggin snow. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK?

And while trying to find the clamps needed to go from a handlebar/fork mounting for my Malibu windshield, I am finding you can get the clamps, but they DO NOT come with the little circular pieces which the mounting rods go through...

Fuck my life... I think when the revolution happens, us bikers will be making sure the corporate owners of the motorcycle aftermarket companies are against the wall. Forget the effin politicians, I wanna go after the bastards that are REALLY pissing me the fuck off right now.

Ok, rant over. Pray for some friggin warmer weather soon so I dont frostbite my cock into oblivion.

OK, it's just about done....new Progressive shocks installed and new bar-end mirrors. A little touch up on the engine paint and I'll call it done!

First ride today....Like Biker Dash, froze my boys......took it back to the barn after about twenty minutes......Where the hell is spring?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back