What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats what I went back to this year. Didn't feel like spending tons. Hell the H4 bulbs I am going to put in are gonna cost me $56, but if I can finally see the road I will be happy.. If that doesn't work I will go back tot he stock single headlight I bought.

Went on a 2 day ride stayed over night at the beach.

Attachments

• mix pics 172.jpg
    mix pics 172.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 21
  • mix pics 178.jpg
    mix pics 178.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 23
Changed my oil, filter and fuel filter:biglaugh: Wow $100 for oil and 2 filters gotta find a place that sells it cheaper:confused2:

Also changed the final drive oil with synthetic...

Last edited:
Did not touch the bikes the car has been sitting collecting dust forever so I decided to work on it & then gave it a bath & took it for a drive like a typical Ford it came back home on a truck. Its losing ignition power somewhere. Oh well here are some pictures of it clean before it made its way on to a truck.

Attachments

• mustang all clean.jpg
    mustang all clean.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 22
  • mustang clean 2.jpg
    mustang clean 2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 21
  • mustang clean 3.jpg
    mustang clean 3.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 20
  • mustang clean 4.jpg
    mustang clean 4.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 19
  • mustang clean 5.jpg
    mustang clean 5.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 22
Changed my oil, filter and fuel filter:biglaugh: Wow $100 for oil and 2 filters gotta find a place that sells it cheaper:confused2:

Also changed the final drive oil with synthetic...
Shell Rotella T 15w40 is cheap and works Great in a Vmax.

Wow, you think that for all that $$$ you've spent on it and the time, the car would behave. It's got to be something simple, like a primary wire or an ignition switch that goes open when it gets hot.

Does it just immediately shut off, and not allow you to restart?

Did not touch the bikes the car has been sitting collecting dust forever so I decided to work on it & then gave it a bath & took it for a drive like a typical Ford it came back home on a truck. Its losing ignition power somewhere. Oh well here are some pictures of it clean before it made its way on to a truck.

Wow, you think that for all that $$$ you've spent on it and the time, the car would behave. It's got to be something simple, like a primary wire or an ignition switch that goes open when it gets hot.

Does it just immediately shut off, and not allow you to restart?

Yep shuts off like some one turned the key off. You can play with the ignition switch and get it to start. I have a new ignition switch and new ignition harness on the way. I think that will fix it up.

Check the grounds under the dash.

Good advice there. Cover the basics first. Ground, continuity, contacts, connections.

I had an ignition switch short out on a Chevy van which could have resulted in a total loss as the harness burned. It stopped before catching anything else on fire or burning thru a gas line rubber connector. A new switch and some splices fixed it. Back in 1974, it was.

Well I got into my carbs to start installing my muscle jet kit, and found not only did the PO put 150's in the PAJ2 but they also put the 170's in the main's, word to the wise just cause some PO has installed some sort of MOD don't assume they did it right !!!! Now I have to wait until I get some 152.5's oh well it's supposed rain the next few day's hopefully I can get some before thurs.

Trying to replace fork seal, my clips inside holing seal in are very rusted. Question one the earlier Gen 1 (90") having a grid time getting the two air connection areas off forks so they'd can be removed from triple tree. I see the small clip in the bottom and loosened the air line connecting the two. Is there an easy way to get it off? Diagram shows 2 o-rings.

Figured out just how I shall be mounting my GPS. Gonna fab up some bracketry to mount to the Riser clamp. Nice little spot just below leaving a clear view of the speedo.

Waiting on the new headlamp to get here so i can get that and my Malibu windshield mounted. (THANK YOU, SEAN!) Once I have those mounted, I will see where I have room to mount a CB.

I hooked up the innovate A/F meter, and went for a test ride. Its finally not raining here, after like 2 weeks worth. At idle with the bike fully warmed up, I'm at 13.2. At 75 mph in 5th gear, I'm at 14.5, and at 9300 rpm WFO, I'm at 13.1. Sounds like everything is pretty good.

Tore the carbs down after finding my fuel filter was the cause of my woes and 2 of my pfjs were clogged after having shotgunned the living daylights outta my carbs. Put em back on and fired it... instant difference on full choke, shot right up to 4k. Afr tuning and sync will have to wait til tues since my neighbors dont like it when i do it at 3:30 in the morning, lol.

Latest posts

Back