What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you had the presence of mind to handle that situation properly and that it tunred out ok. Sure don't want to read about any more bikes going down, there's been way too many already this year. Actually ONE is way too many, IMO!

A buddy of mine had the hi-speed wobble throw him off and he slid/tumbled for over 400 feet down the b'top! He survived but it was real ugly. Had one of those friggin' "death trap Kawasaki's" from the 70's!

Dan,
Was it uglier than this?

Attachments

• road_rash1 (Small).jpg
    road_rash1 (Small).jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 47
Dan,
Was it uglier than this?

Yeah, it really was Bill. They called in a priest and gave him 'last rites' in the ER, pretty sure he was on the way out.

But, there's no doubt that dude in the pic is a hurtin' unit too! That bruising around the ankle prolly indicates some breakage!!

Damn, that looks painful!!!

picked up a sweet set of stage 7 carbs complete with the clear carb covers. called the dealer to make the appointment to get them and the hmf exhaust installed. hoping to have them by the middle of next week. if the ole lady finds out, i'll be sleeping in the shed with the bike-if i'm lucky. the clear covers will match the rest of the otec clear covers i already have installed. not to mention the extra hp. was able to sell the COO front end i took off and replaced with the otec setup and used the cash to buy the carbs-and have $400 left over!!

later odieoh24

Attachments

• 283.jpg
    283.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 284.jpg
    284.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 285.jpg
    285.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 25
  • carbs 1.jpg
    carbs 1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 37
  • carbs 2.jpg
    carbs 2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 32
picked up a sweet set of stage 7 carbs complete with the clear carb covers. called the dealer to make the appointment to get them and the hmf exhaust installed. hoping to have them by the middle of next week. if the ole lady finds out, i'll be sleeping in the shed with the bike-if i'm lucky. the clear covers will match the rest of the otec clear covers i already have installed. not to mention the extra hp. was able to sell the COO front end i took off and replaced with the otec setup and used the cash to buy the carbs-and have $400 left over!!

later odieoh24

So your the one that bought those from ebay:hmmm:
I was checking them out one day & poof, they were gone the next day.
They look really cool & so does your max!

Nice work odieoh...

later odieoh24

Very cool looking set-up!! If you share the 4 bills with mama it'll prolly keep ya out of the shed!! :rofl_200:

(I used to live across 'the pond' in Malone BTW)

I participate regularly in various motorcycle forums and this thread is usually a fun one. It gives us a lot of ideas of what each of us does from one day to another on our bikes and also gives us ideas of what to do to our own Max's...:thumbs up:

Please post here if you rode it to work, took the dust cover off it & washed it, took the engine out, pumped up the tires, turned on the light & looked at it... etc etc, you get the idea. Nothing is too trivial to post here... Anything goes except NSFW items...:whistlin:

So?? :ummm:
STAIRED AT 4:30AM IN GARAGE AND HAD HALF A CHUBBY:punk:

Last Thursday I put on a Superbike Bar from Morley. Finally got rid of the stock bar.
I really like it.
Did over 500 miles this Biketoberfest with it and I'm very happy with the fit & feel. Although I am considering shortening them up just a wee bit, like 1/2 an inch on each end, to make them absolutely perfect for my size.
Thanks for the recommendation Sean.
You DA MAN, Morley!

:punk:

ohh... and I got two of those dice bolts for my license plate while perusing parts at Biketoberfest. LOL!

Took ol FFW out for a 30 mile cruise waiting on the pumpkin to let loose. Removed the rubber clutch hose and going to have a steel braided line ran from the clutch master cyl. to the line lock and than to the clutch slave.
I think this was the first time I took it out and didnt go above 125 or do any burnouts, I did pull a wheelie though:clapping: Front end was still strapped down from Friday night so that was a nice nut buster coming off the wheelie:bang head:

Today I met with UnclePhilthy and family, and we had a great ride to a good lunch, followed by another great ride home. it was really good to catch up and put faces to the names, lovely people all round! Met his sons - both Harley riders - and one of his son's other half rides a Busa!

So picture the ride: two Harleys, one Busa and two Maxes. Yeehaw :eusa_dance:

I thoroughly enjoyed my day - it was really great riding on some fresh roads that included a few nice twisties and without having to bother with wondering where I was going. Only thing I didn't like was how loud it was behind the Harley's, so I just had to overtake them :biglaugh: And to top it all, we had a beautiful day - starting in the high 60s and into the 80s by mid afternoon - full on FL sunshine. :worthy:

Then on my way home I started getting weird noises and vibes from my front end, so since I just finished replacing my steering bearings and renewed fork oil, I was wondering WTF was going on.. :ummm:

Turns out my front wheel bearings are also fubar - jacked up the front when I got back and felt the roughness immediately. :bang head:

So it's back on the phone to Gary McCoy @ Mondak first thing in the morning.. will it ever end?

Thanks for a great day out UnclePhilthy, and my regards to Aunt Floozie :clapping::punk:

Last night I put mine away for the season. I was going to the parents for dinner with my G/F so I had her follow me and I drove it right into the basement. It's now covered up and plugged in. On the way over I found that my remote switch won't work with my LED's as the power being produced is to low to keep it powered on at idle. So since I had a dead battery the other day (forgot to hook up the tender for two months) I suspect an issue with either the remote box which I will replace or the charging system which I doubt.

It'll have to wait till next year.

Oh and I will hopefully be taking delivery of my G8GT this week... FINALLY! Ordered the damn thing in March!:bang head::damn angry:

RODE IT HARD THROUGH THE HILLS AND CURVES OF CENTRAL OHIO, WHAT A RUSH IN MID OCOTBER.
icon7.gif

Last night I put mine away for the season. I was going to the parents for dinner with my G/F so I had her follow me and I drove it right into the basement. It's now covered up and plugged in. On the way over I found that my remote switch won't work with my LED's as the power being produced is to low to keep it powered on at idle. So since I had a dead battery the other day (forgot to hook up the tender for two months) I suspect an issue with either the remote box which I will replace or the charging system which I doubt.

It'll have to wait till next year.

Oh and I will hopefully be taking delivery of my G8GT this week... FINALLY! Ordered the damn thing in March!:bang head::damn angry:

All I can say is puting the bike up = :tantrum:
Getting the new car = :th_image003:

All I can say is puting the bike up = :tantrum:
Getting the new car = :th_image003:

Yeah more making room for the car and time for the car then anything. They SV is still at the house but will soon end up there as well. It's the end of October and they are calling for snow by Halloween which I doubt as it never REALLY snows before T/G.

Yeah more making room for the car and time for the car then anything. They SV is still at the house but will soon end up there as well. It's the end of October and they are calling for snow by Halloween which I doubt as it never REALLY snows before T/G.

You're not that far northeast of me. :ummm: Lets just hope for a mild Winter.

This evening I received and installed the clear carb covers that I bought off ebay from Moto Boutique last week. Really all I can say is Holy Shit! They are an excellent product:worthy: The machine workmanship and plug and play change-out is simply one of the finest aftermarket bike products I have purchased in a long time.:clapping:

You're not that far northeast of me. :ummm: Lets just hope for a mild Winter.

This evening I received and installed the clear carb covers that I bought off ebay from Moto Boutique last week. Really all I can say is Holy Shit! They are an excellent product:worthy: The machine workmanship and plug and play change-out is simply one of the finest aftermarket bike products I have purchased in a long time.:clapping:

Clay, Post a couple pics of your carb covers, I'd like to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back