What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
125ish... That was on my '94.. keep running out of stretches of road...

Mitchell, love the bike. fucking awesome flat black i gotta agree with the guys here.... i'd spend the money just to have mine look almost the same..!

I just finished major surgery on my Max today. Took a short test drive of 5 miles. R1 calipers, FJR master, frames braces, Galfer wave rotors, Carrozzeria 18" rims and 880s. I must be nuts for spending this dough but what a great improvement. Dave VMOA #3505

:ttiwwp:

:biglaugh: I wanna see!! :biglaugh:

I just finished major surgery on my Max today. Took a short test drive of 5 miles. R1 calipers, FJR master, frames braces, Galfer wave rotors, Carrozzeria 18" rims and 880s. I must be nuts for spending this dough but what a great improvement. Dave VMOA #3505

Media blasted the faux tank in prep for paint. Decided that I didn't care for the copper colour (as the year progressed it actually got darker and looked brown) so decided to go back to basics, satin black.

what a day, hauling ass around the hills of central ohio in nov. and 70degree weather, went and got paint for bellypan and front fender i just received sat. from fat max. couldn't get much better, unless it was april:eusa_dance:

what a day, hauling ass around the hills of central ohio in nov. and 70degree weather, went and got paint for bellypan and front fender i just received sat. from fat max. couldn't get much better, unless it was april:eusa_dance:

Told ya I wouldn't steer you wrong :biglaugh:, Roger has some quality stuff eh? :punk:

Installed the COP's Birdoprey made up for me. Very professional job, plugs and connectors hooked up well and the install went very smoothly.
Bike started right up and idled with no choke when it was cold.
Couldn't test drive it, except up & down the driveway cause rear fender & signals are off, but it responded quickly to the throttle.
I'm very pleased--Thank You Birdoprey, you did a great job!! :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

put my new renntec sissybar/luggage rack on.

love the look and the funcationality!

Took the factory coil connectors apart, and replaced the factory spades with the spades Birdoprey crimped on the ends of the COP wires. Sprayed a little purple Mechanics Choice in and plugged the connectors back together. Makes a nice neat "like factory" connection and with the coils gone there is plenty of room in that area. Well, the rear coils anyway, I left the front coils in place. It just didn't seem worth the effort to remove them.

Then I fired her up and went for a little 20 mile cruise to check everything out.

The final result is: Throttle response is noticeably improved, Low and mid range power is improved, Engine runs smoother, especially at idle and just off idle, Starts with little or no choke and idles smoothly while warming up. Marving pipes seemed to crackle more, crisper is the word I guess.

I was very pleasantly surprised at the amount of improvement I got from this mod.

I'm sure mileage will improve-it just makes sense that it would-but prolly won't be able to verify that till spring.

BTW, I noticed 3 of my factory coils had cracks in them. My bike has always been stored inside, heated in the winter, and not abused in any way, the coil condition surprised me. I've got a feeling that cracked coils might be more common than we realize.

:hijacked: :hijacked: :hijacked: :hijacked: :hijacked:

Finally, America's got an articulate president again! :clapping::clapping:

How refreshing after 8 years of the retarded baboon-like clown puppet..

And also the US of A can finally be proud of its heritage - the forefathers must be smiling in their tombs. :eusa_dance:

you the hell cares about articulate .....when the welfare doubles and free handouts double..and these piece of crap lazy do nothings,, but smoke crack and collect a check for banging out more babys...start acting like you owe then a living...i have news for ya your a second class citizen now

Agree with ya 113. Pretty soon it'll be like everyone's living like an illegal. They want the government to provide everything. Then government will be like, okay....gotta raise taxes.

I agree we'll be screwed unless Obama can empower the welfare class into productive citizens. But from what I saw on tv after his speech I don't think it will happen. It looks like they are still looking for handouts from the Goverment. Surprisingly, I did hear one person say that it was up to her to empower her own future.
I think Obama has bitten off/ promised more than he can handle, but time will tell. If he and Biden begin to pull the same old tricks, like clamping down on guns, he will never be successfull. He will have to really reach across the party lines to have any luck.
The first 100 days will reveal a lot about how he and Pelosi will act.

I agree we'll be screwed unless Obama can empower the welfare class into productive citizens. But from what I saw on tv after his speech I don't think it will happen. It looks like they are still looking for handouts from the Goverment. Surprisingly, I did hear one person say that it was up to her to empower her own future.
I think Obama has bitten off/ promised more than he can handle, but time will tell. If he and Biden begin to pull the same old tricks, like clamping down on guns, he will never be successfull. He will have to really reach across the party lines to have any luck.
The first 100 days will reveal a lot about how he and Pelosi will act.

He whitewashed the whole country. Bi partisan my ass! He just selected Rahm Emanuel for his chief of staff. And this guy Rahm Emanuel is anything but Bi partisan.
We are all screwed!

We are all screwed!

yep

Getting this thread back on track... Rode mine to work today, was running late, so I had to bump it up over 130 for a while.

I always leave late, but arrive right on time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back