What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I had to do that too when I installed my Marks pipes. I just cut about 1-1/4" off the end of a 8mm allen key. Jammed it in the hex nut there on the inside rear headers and tightened 'er up with a 5/16" open end (I couldn't find a 8mm open end).

Did you come up with something else cause this is all I could figure out to do with it?!
I put it in a ratcheting 8mm closed end wrench and reached from the opposite side to tighten the inside header nut. If that makes sense?:ummm:

makes perfect sense to me.

I actually forgot that I have a set of reversible, offset, ratcheting wrenches, DUH!. I never use em'. They are craftsman and I think they suck ass because the "gears" always slip. The Non reversible type seem way sturdier. Mine have a lever that you flip and can reverse them. I've had them for quite awhile. Anyways, since they were new, I always have had issues with them. I'll tighten something and all of a sudden the gears slip and you bust your hand. POS.

I put them in a drawer and only break them out when absolutely necessary. Or if I remember I have them :biglaugh: and figure I need some bloody knuckles.

I actually forgot that I have a set of reversible, offset, ratcheting wrenches, DUH!. I never use em'. They are craftsman and I think they suck ass because the "gears" always slip. The Non reversible type seem way sturdier. Mine have a lever that you flip and can reverse them. I've had them for quite awhile. Anyways, since they were new, I always have had issues with them. I'll tighten something and all of a sudden the gears slip and you bust your hand. POS.

I put them in a drawer and only break them out when absolutely necessary. Or if I remember I have them :biglaugh: and figure I need some bloody knuckles.
Yeah, I have 2 3/8" ratchets by crapsman that like to do the same thing. The original craftsman stuff I have is pretty good but the newer tools are a hit or miss proposition.

over the last couple weeks

installed

-Flatslides
-DD clutch
-braided clutch line
-Dyna Rev Limiter, not the 3000 ignition, just the limiter, i dont believe in the dyna 3000 ignition unless you are boosting, a lot of people seem to have issues w/the 3000, the vmax ignition is very capable.

new tires coming this week. i just bought a new set of Pirelli Diablo's, 17's for 185.00 deliverd to the door.

Getting around to polishing my scoops , i thort i would start on this first just to see how it went . I should of taken a before pic as this was my original one that was on the Max and it was really crap looking didnt think it came out that bad .

Attachments

• polished 002.jpg
    polished 002.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 16
That looks very good gunny. Today I sanded my scoops with 1000 grit and then painted the bottoms black. Kinda going for that brushed aluminum look. I'll hit it with some Alloy 19 after they are on the bike. Should get my last box of small parts tomorrow, might even get to fire it tomorrow night. Woo Hoo. It's been a little over a year since I bought it and the anticipation of 4 active cylinders is killing me.

That looks very good gunny. Today I sanded my scoops with 1000 grit and then painted the bottoms black. Kinda going for that brushed aluminum look. I'll hit it with some Alloy 19 after they are on the bike. Should get my last box of small parts tomorrow, might even get to fire it tomorrow night. Woo Hoo. It's been a little over a year since I bought it and the anticipation of 4 active cylinders is killing me.

Yeah good one , gonna start on my scoops tomorrow all going well .
Tossing up wether to do by hand or by sander , have heard it can be done that way with good results .

I bought the "Gear Wrench" wratchet wrenches with swivel heads, I can`t live without em`you have to turn em` over to change directions but, I can use them at almost any angle and at only $40.00 for a set of seven.:eusa_dance:
Good shit Manyrd.
Dave>>:punk:

I brought VMAX back to life again, WOO HOO, A 90` carb on a 2001 max works pretty damn good. only got to ride it up and down my street and, when the tire broke loose and the neighbors frown , I had to grin like a circus clown !!! I got by with a little help from my friends. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You !!
V_MAX LIVES AGAIN AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, IT IS ALIVE.:eusa_dance::banana::banana::banana::biglaugh::git::th_image003::party::wink2:
<<Dave>>

Last edited:
I brought VMAX back to life again, WOO HOO, A 94` carb on a 2001 max works pretty damn good. only got to ride it up and down my street and, when the tire broke loose and the neighbors frown , I had a grin like a circus clown !!! I got by with a little help from my friends. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You !!
V_MAX LIVES AGAIN AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, IT IS ALIVE.:eusa_dance::banana::banana::banana::biglaugh::git::th_image003::party::wink2:
<<Dave>>

This is good news Dave!! Glad to hear it all worked out despite the 'stress'!
The v max 'brotherhood' is alive, well and strong!! Woo-Hoo!! :clapping::punk::clapping:

-Dyna Rev Limiter, not the 3000 ignition, just the limiter, i dont believe in the dyna 3000 ignition unless you are boosting, a lot of people seem to have issues w/the 3000, the vmax ignition is very capable.
QUOTE]

HUH!? :eusa_dance:

Can you enlighten me on this one? I had no idea you were able to do this without installing the dyna ignition! I want to do this.

This is good news Dave!! Glad to hear it all worked out despite the 'stress'!
The v max 'brotherhood' is alive, well and strong!! Woo-Hoo!! :clapping::punk::clapping:
Yes it definatly is and, for a damn good cause::OURS LOL:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
Take care my brother ,
<<<Dave>>:punk:

It is a Dyna DRL-300 RPM limiter not the 3000 ignition advancer. cost 125.00

http://www.dynaonline.com/skins/products/drag_racing/rev_limiter/

QUOTE]

HUH!? :eusa_dance:

Can you enlighten me on this one? I had no idea you were able to do this without installing the dyna ignition! I want to do this.

I brought VMAX back to life again, WOO HOO, A 94` carb on a 2001 max works pretty damn good. only got to ride it up and down my street and, when the tire broke loose and the neighbors frown , I had to grin like a circus clown !!! I got by with a little help from my friends. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You !!
<<Dave>>

Hey Dave that was a '90 carb you got, plus an A/F screw off my personal bike. Glad to hear you got it running.

Went out to the garage and cussed at it a bit. :damn angry: Kicked the tire for good measure :damn angry: and went back in the house. Then I got happy :biglaugh: because the UPS guy dropped off my Carrozzerias :biglaugh:, then I got sad because I cant put them on and ride right now. :damn angry:

changed oil, got a working oil sensor on it, and put a COO oil pressure gauge on!

Hey Dave that was a '90 carb you got, plus an A/F screw off my personal bike. Glad to hear you got it running.

Went out to the garage and cussed at it a bit. :damn angry: Kicked the tire for good measure :damn angry: and went back in the house. Then I got happy :biglaugh: because the UPS guy dropped off my Carrozzerias :biglaugh:, then I got sad because I cant put them on and ride right now. :damn angry:
Yeah I found a motorcycle repair shop close by and he gave me that little "O" ring that I needed for the mixture screw and a guy at auto zone gave me another "O" ring that I needed for the inside of the carb.
God is good and has blessed me with good friends and with help in getting things the bike needs thanks to my friends and glory to him.
<<Dave>>:punk:p.S> now our bikes are connected LOL.

I took it to pick up my daughter from school today and ran it out of fuel, :rofl_200:good thing her teacher gave me a ride to the gas station and I was back on the road home.
the end.
<<Dave>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back