What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going over to fargo`s tonight to get that carb body and get this thing going again.
Tomorrow will be a very busy day for me between motorcycle and yard work, no rest this weekend:confused2:so I`m going riding on Monday :eusa_dance:<<Dave>>

awesome! i love the combo on mine. 120 up front is great looking. let me know how you like them. u didn't ahve to do a washer swap eh? i think they're just sticky tires.. they feel good.

No need to swap the washer, no need to deflate the tire either. She squeezed right in and seems to have plenty of room. I do like the look of the 120 up front. It is pretty close to the fender though. I haven't put many miles on yet, been a little preoccupied doin' other stuff. About 30 miles so far. Still got a few to go till its OK to romp on it again I guess?? I've heard 50 miles is a good estimate on the amount of time it takes the mold release agent to wear off.

Finally have everything I wanted to get together for installing Sean's jet kit. I picked up a vernier caliper today from Home Depot for setting float height and some clear tubing to verify float heights prior to disassembly.

I spent some time cutting and pasting alot of the stickies from the carb section into word docs so i could print out a step and the associated photos. I did this will all of nG's rebuild series, float height, synch, the shotgun, v boost cable, some basic tuning tips from Mark, and also found that someone else had turned Marks sticky for changing mains into a pdf so I copied that onto my laptop. Printed all this stuff out to create my own vmax carb workbook. I'm feeling pretty well armed with all of this plus Sean's phone number. Now I just need to find the time to do the work. Today would have been great cause its been raining. Hopefully tomorrow.

Put on roughly 500 miles(including a few smoky burnouts at the bar last night) between yesterday and today, all thanks to the VMOA guys at the rally in Ottawa, IL. I rarely ever SEE another Vmax, let alone ride with 12 of them!!!

Well, did not do this all today or yesterday. But sense the last time I posted. I've put on a chrome final drive. notched, double braced, trusted chrome swing arm. progressive 418, 11" shocks. custom chrome rims 16 back 18 front with radial tires ( not sure of the make of rims would have to ask Sean). also installed a few other chrome pcs from Sean. Now the bad news. Just put the new tires and rims on. Went out Sat night for my 50th birthday party did some dancing that I should have stopped in my 30s. Well to make a long story short now I have on 2 knee braces that run from my ankles to my hips. waiting to see if I need surgrey on both knee's
did not even get to try out the new rims and tires. Now this s#%t
sucks.:bang head:

I finally took it out for the first ride of the season. The carb sync made a big difference. The bike ran great. Only thing I found is I am going to have to look at thermostat and fan as a few times sitting behind traffic it heated up more than I like to see, never hit the red but pretty close. Came back down to the middle when was moving. I don't remember this happening last year. All and all great to be back in the seat!

Grant

I do believe the wheels are RC comp wheels we had to modify a bit to get them chromed. Too bad they didn't let you try them out. Do you have any recent pics of the bike. Most of that stuff should really make it shine!

Sean

This is more of a, "What I did this weekend..."

Got my new Metzlers on it, changed the oil, checked the spark plugs, swapped out the Stage 1 Springs for the stock springs, took the windshield back off (finally warm enough here in CO)

OHHHH.. and I did manage to drop it off it's center stand while trying to get the wheels back on.. Luckily almost no damage, no scratches, just fell straight down. Barely dented the pipes near the engine (most people would never be able to tell).

But yeah, that part sucked...

4258_641110791863_19210077_38672701_7961671_n.jpg

Yeah.. no good... but could've been WAY worse!

This is more of a, "What I did this weekend..."

Got my new Metzlers on it, changed the oil, checked the spark plugs, swapped out the Stage 1 Springs for the stock springs, took the windshield back off (finally warm enough here in CO)

OHHHH.. and I did manage to drop it off it's center stand while trying to get the wheels back on.. Luckily almost no damage, no scratches, just fell straight down. Barely dented the pipes near the engine (most people would never be able to tell).

But yeah, that part sucked...

4258_641110791863_19210077_38672701_7961671_n.jpg

Yeah.. no good... but could've been WAY worse!

here's a ?... howd u get it back up:ummm:

Off work today sick as a dog . Sore back , legs head and throat . Has rained and been bloody cold for last week , so what do you know its fine warm blue sky and i havent got the energy to even get on Max :bang head:

I finally took it out for the first ride of the season. The carb sync made a big difference. The bike ran great. Only thing I found is I am going to have to look at thermostat and fan as a few times sitting behind traffic it heated up more than I like to see, never hit the red but pretty close. Came back down to the middle when was moving. I don't remember this happening last year. All and all great to be back in the seat!

Grant

Grant-how long since you changed out your coolant and flushed the system? If it's been awhile, that may help.

danny

ahhh.. I did sit and stare at that for awhile... because I have truck jacks, motorcycle jacks, etc.. but if I just jacked one side I thought it's shift and scratch.. so I got 5 neighbors to help pick it up, while one slid the motorcycle jack under it..

ahhh.. I did sit and stare at that for awhile... because I have truck jacks, motorcycle jacks, etc.. but if I just jacked one side I thought it's shift and scratch.. so I got 5 neighbors to help pick it up, while one slid the motorcycle jack under it..

fun fun fun.. I am guilty of the same thing, but I managed to catch mine just in time and actually kept it up. No need to say I was a lot more careful about jack placement after that - car axle stands under the engine guards and you can't go wrong!

Today, I used my new air compressor and a buddies cutting wheel to make a tool so I can tighten the inboard rear header bolts. Worked like a charm!

Today, I used my new air compressor and a buddies cutting wheel to make a tool so I can tighten the inboard rear header bolts. Worked like a charm!

Yeah, I had to do that too when I installed my Marks pipes. I just cut about 1-1/4" off the end of a 8mm allen key. Jammed it in the hex nut there on the inside rear headers and tightened 'er up with a 5/16" open end (I couldn't find a 8mm open end).

Did you come up with something else cause this is all I could figure out to do with it?!

Sure! I just cut down the end of a spare 8 mm allen wrench. The bit is about 1/2 inch in length. Then, just need to use a 5/16 wrench to tighten the bolts.

rearinboardheaderbolt001Large.jpg

rearinboardheaderbolt002Large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back