What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I put the K & N air filter on and the "Y" back on the air box but when I went to adjust the mixture screws, I got a little surprise, the # 3 screw is frozen solid :bang head:(house mouse ) so now I guess it`s carb play time.:damn angry:
<<Dave>>

Hey Dave. Squirt some penetrating lubricant down the bore that the number three mixture screw sits in not the carb throat).

Let it sit overnight and then try it again.

If the brass plugs have been drilled out to allow the mixture screws to be adjusted and the holes don't get resealed with something like a rubber bung, moisture enters the bore and will eventually oxidise the aluminium thread in the carb body. That will freeze the brass mixture screw.

This in turn allows moisture to move passed the o-ring and attack the steel spring under the screw.

I left for work and tried to shift into second. The shifter went up but nothing else happened. The pics show why. When shifting the lower part moved with the shifter. Thanks to Morley for the part!

I wish my shifting issue was this easy to fix :bang head:
Ordered some cams from Sean and made a list of the stuff I need to do to pull the engine and split the case. Might as well put in some bigger cams while I got the engine out of the bike.

Hey Dave. Squirt some penetrating lubricant down the bore that the number three mixture screw sits in not the carb throat).

If the brass plugs have been drilled out to allow the mixture screws to be adjusted and the holes don't get resealed with something like a rubber bung, moisture enters the bore and will eventually oxidise the aluminium thread in the carb body. That will freeze the brass mixture screw.

This in turn allows moisture to move passed the o-ring and attack the steel spring under the screw.

Carbs #1 & #2 will drain with the bike on the side stand....#3 & #4 will retain water. NaughtyG had some rubber plugs which he has been good enough to share with us, maybe get hold of him to see if he has any left.

In the meantime, go to the local hardware store and look thru their selection of small corks. There will be one that will fit the A/F screw access....put a drop or two of motor oil in the hole and plug it with the cork.

That will loosen the adjuster, prolly after a couple heat cycles, and you will be able to remove and clean it up.

got my stator/and pickup coil assy changed....put the vboost on open 100% of the time....drilled the plates off the pipes....drilled the holes for added rumble
(decided to leave the plates off on this exhaust....sounds throatier!)
my neighbor will surely hate me now if she already didnt....hahaha!
BTW...THANK YOU ALL for all the help with my latest problem (pickup coils!)
special thanx to Mark for putting up with my stupidity with ohm meters!
and thank you to birdoprey for the COPS!
IF no one has tried them yet....let me tell you, the bike starts REAL quick now!
peace out all....I'm going cruisin!!!!!!:punk:
Randy

He'll never say it because he knows how nice a bike it is and he won't admit it. He just said it was "smooth" and it "accelerates fast." That's the best I'm going to get from him.

I mean, if your wife rode a kick-ass bike with twice the cc's of yours, much faster, smoother, and hotter-looking than yours, would you tell her so?

NOPE...I'd steal it tho....lol
wish my other 1/2 rode!

I put some in yesterday and if that don`t work then I`m afraid I`m going to have to do some drilling (a drill press would be nice right about now)
I guess if I have to, I`ll drill it on the bike (I don`t have a vice to hold it straight :bang head::damn angry:

Carbs #1 & #2 will drain with the bike on the side stand....#3 & #4 will retain water. NaughtyG had some rubber plugs which he has been good enough to share with us, maybe get hold of him to see if he has any left.

In the meantime, go to the local hardware store and look thru their selection of small corks. There will be one that will fit the A/F screw access....put a drop or two of motor oil in the hole and plug it with the cork.

That will loosen the adjuster, prolly after a couple heat cycles, and you will be able to remove and clean it up.
Thank you Dan, I will try that also.
I will use drilling only as a last resort.
<<Dave>>:punk:

While drilling out the frozen mixture screw for an ez out, the drill bit decided to break off in the carb:bang head: so, now I `m in need of a carb body
(house mouse)so, Iguess I`ll just take the bad carb apart without screwing that up too col (cry out loud) and await help.
<<Dave>>:wacko:

Having last week broke off my tripmeter knob i decided im going in .
I took off screen/indicators together off with the light got to the speedo and took the back off . Apon having closer look found out that the knob being broken at the end everything else looked fine . Went to the local Yammy shop to find i cant just get a replacement knob .:bang head:

While drilling out the frozen mixture screw for an ez out, the drill bit decided to break off in the carb:bang head: so, now I `m in need of a carb body
(house mouse)so, Iguess I`ll just take the bad carb apart without screwing that up too col (cry out loud) and await help.
<<Dave>>:wacko:

shitty man! sean will help ya out tho.. no fear help is here!

Having last week broke off my tripmeter knob i decided im going in .
I took off screen/indicators together off with the light got to the speedo and took the back off . Apon having closer look found out that the knob being broken at the end everything else looked fine . Went to the local Yammy shop to find i cant just get a replacement knob .:bang head:

of course! how else would they make their money! if guys here can't find one, try ebay for a used speedo housing, they usually have some (not sure on price)

Picked up my wheels with the new shinko's mounted. Wheels mounted on the bike. 120 in the front, 170 in the back.

awesome! i love the combo on mine. 120 up front is great looking. let me know how you like them. u didn't ahve to do a washer swap eh? i think they're just sticky tires.. they feel good.

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

BTW, Michelin is much better in agressing cornering then Metzeler.
When you corner hard Roadtec make same wobble.
Michelin Pilot is very stable and you can lay almost like on gixer :rofl_200:

Also i have now 4mm more space on the cardan side.
The same sizes(190/50R17) but not exaxtly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back