What do you do?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbeduckman

Reaction score
The "how old are you" thread got me thinking....

What does your "average" vmax owner do for a living. I imagine we run the full gamet, as motorcycling can get into anybody's blood.

I'll start. I'm a 3rd grade teacher, I also coach football and golf. The kids all think it's pretty cool to see their teacher toolin around on a bike. Three other teachers and the principal of my school ride as well (all women). Most of the football coaches ride too....teachers love bikes I suppose.

Drive a forklift in an envelope warehouse.
31 years there.
The job sucks, but it pays the bills, and we're out of debt!

I used to do Software support for a small software company. Got laid off. As of Monday I will be doing Quality Control for a debt collections company. Basically reviewing calls and so forth making sure collectors aren't breaking the law so the company isn't sued as much.

I don't really care about work, just do it to pay the bills.

Tool and Die maker for 20 years...laid off in 2004. Got a new job in 2005....School Bus Mechanic...I LOVE IT!!!

Mainframe programmer/analyst for a larger merchant bank. I've been doing it for 13 years now.

Disneyland maintenance electrician, bet job I never did, As we like to say around the park.

Ford Mechanic, specializing in diesel's but do pretty much anything, been doing it for 8yrs

I.T. Technician for the last 9 years for a small Native American Community. Not bad work, but pay scale on the low side ...at least I get to live in da U.P., eh?

Retired from a chemical plant (operations) 31 years then drove an 18 wheeler all over the lower 48 for 5 years ( that was an experience on its own)

Airframe & Powerplant mechanic for 6 years. Just finished my first year working on helicopters. Great company, decent money and I enjoy my work. It's been along time since I had a job that I looked forward to going to most days.

Auto parts manager, been doing it 28 out of last 29 years.
Retail blows, but it pays the bills.

I'm a stunt double for Peter North... :biglaugh:

He did a lot of gay films too (a friend told me!):biglaugh:

I manage several classified LANs/WANs that span the eastern seaboard for the DoD. I'm not in love with the job but it's about as secure as a job could be. I think.

Industrial refrigeration with centrifugal and low temp. recipe and screw compresssors.York International but now Johnson Controls owns York.

John May chain drive sraying the nos.:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back