What Kind of Exhaust Is This?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wister

Reaction score
I have a 4 into 1 that defies explanation. The front pipes converge on the right side and all meet at a collector by the right mid controls. The rear pipes cross over each other, and I've attached some pictures. I'm sure the muffler is just some chop-job bolted on, didn't think Yoshimura make Vmax systems.

I have larger photos. Any help is appreciated.

I have a 4 into 1 that defies explanation. The front pipes converge on the right side and all meet at a collector by the right mid controls. The rear pipes cross over each other, and I've attached some pictures. I'm sure the muffler is just some chop-job bolted on, didn't think Yoshimura make Vmax systems.

I have larger photos. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
My vote is for Hindle or original Dale Walker (made by Hindle) It's the only one I knew that had that cross over header like that.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

I do like the looks of the front headers, but the ground clearance issues would be a issue for me. I bet those pipes would look great with a bunch of elbow grease or maybe have professionally polished. You could also just have it cleaned then ceramic coating put on it.

Thanks everyone, good to be able to tell people what it is. Yeah, they are pretty ugly, but I am thinking about the Holeshot 4into2 so I'd rather just swap them out than pull them off, clean, put them back on for a holdover. Maybe some scotch brite with them still on the bike wouldn't hurt though.

I vote Hindle as well.

They look like they are stainless.

Knock off all that shit off of them with a bench grinder mounted wire wheel and then polish them starting with some really aggressive cutting compund and work it down fine and you may be surprised how good they can look..it'll take you several days tho' but can be worth it...

The Hindle 4-1 do have ground clearance issues, especially with the last collector...Never seen one that wasn't dented there....

Look just like mine. Dale Walker 4-1(early model Hindle). Ordered them for my 1995 but my buddy totaled the bike before I got them installed. They are now on my 1999. Ive found they tune easy and make good power. clean them up and run em. And yes mine has the same small dent due to clearance issues.

^ Agree, Dale Walker, if the different sections are held together with springs? I had one on for years but flattened the pipes on speed bumps.

Funny thing I just bought what appear to be the Dale walker version it also has a Y pipe for the left side, I thought he called it a 4 1 2. anyway Its for my bike now which has stock pipes and Dale Walker slip on's they are due any day now.

Dale rebadged the Hindles in the early years. He offered the normal 4-1 and then an upgrade option that replaced the mid pipe and made it a 4-1-2 by "T"ing into the mid pipe.

Sean

I actually bought this pipe from Whister recently before he placed his max up for sale. It makes TONS more power you can feel! And once I cut the Yosh down to 6pm it sounds amazing too!!!

Look like the one I just bought form a guy in Minnesota and its a Dale Walker.
It also came with a (i guess) a crossover to make it a 4 into 2, It has a small Dent in the one tube that im going to try and fix before I have the exhaust ceramic coated Im hoping it will look nice and that it works better than the stock pipe with my Slip ons

Back