What's A Good Shift Light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95spfldmax

Reaction score
Think i'm finally going to break down for a shift light. What's a good average priced one? Who likes what and why??

I know this is going to be really stupid but, I'd settle for the one on my 89 if I could figure out how the PO screwed it up... Beyond that, I'm interested in the same thing... A Good Shift Light...

Search v for ''shift light" lots of info......

My Blonde moment, DOH... Thanks....

Can anyone Identify this one? I may be able to fix mine if I can find out more...

It has a control box that mounts to the back of the air box.

Attachments

• 89 Speedo What.jpg
    89 Speedo What.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 36
Mike go harlan. get the 'waterproof' one. Its like $50 shipped can't go wrong!

Ya i agree with Garrett, waterproof is the way to go ...
Raptors are not, found out the hard way.

my harlan was 'waterproof' but it had water issues. i'm looking at trying to make a cap for it right now... kind of a pita.

does anyone know where i can get small clear plastic round pieces? like 3/4" in diameter that could fit in a make shift rubber cap?

my harlan was 'waterproof' but it had water issues. i'm looking at trying to make a cap for it right now... kind of a pita.

does anyone know where i can get small clear plastic round pieces? like 3/4" in diameter that could fit in a make shift rubber cap?
Garrett, my Harlan is 1" in diameter. I can't remember if I purchased the waterproof model or not but I have not had a issues with water, or anything else for that matter. I did add some dielectric grease under the rubber cap where the wire connect to the shift light though after you started having trouble.

Garrett, my Harlan is 1" in diameter. I can't remember if I purchased the waterproof model or not but I have not had a issues with water, or anything else for that matter. I did add some dielectric grease under the rubber cap where the wire connect to the shift light though after you started having trouble.

i have tiny holes in the piece of plastic or whatever that the LEDs are mounted in. I think thats the problem. maybe i can just use a toothpic put some silicone on those... never thought about that.

garrett have you looked at auto meter shift lights, they have colored caps for their tachs and oil warning, one from there might fit. one of my harlans hasnt work from day one and in alomost 4 months of emailing him for help only one answer and nothing came out of it......kinda sux

i have tiny holes in the piece of plastic or whatever that the LEDs are mounted in. I think thats the problem. maybe i can just use a toothpic put some silicone on those... never thought about that.
I guess mine has to be the waterproof model as I have been through many rain storms and numerous washing with water hitting the S/L. The silicone may work but a cap probably would be better me thinks.

garrett have you looked at auto meter shift lights, they have colored caps for their tachs and oil warning, one from there might fit. one of my harlans hasnt work from day one and in alomost 4 months of emailing him for help only one answer and nothing came out of it......kinda sux

almost easier just to buy a new one.

"was" waterproof?? How did it become un-waterproof?? Physically abused or just started failing?

How about clear shrink tubing??

Nevermind....I should have finished the whole rest of the thread before responding....DOH!!

"was" waterproof?? How did it become un-waterproof?? Physically abused or just started failing?

How about clear shrink tubing??

Nevermind....I should have finished the whole rest of the thread before responding....DOH!!

i ordered it waterproof but first wash of the season, which i put very low pressure water on the unit it stopped working for a week. it may have never been 'waterproofed' or maybe that part just sucks.

ya it might be garrett but after paying 50 buck usd and shipping it north im pissed that it doesnt work and no customer service there, what happens if the next doesnt work, im out 100+ bucks. my first one works great and love it, want another but dont feel i should have to pay for another one

ya it might be garrett but after paying 50 buck usd and shipping it north im pissed that it doesnt work and no customer service there, what happens if the next doesnt work, im out 100+ bucks. my first one works great and love it, want another but dont feel i should have to pay for another one

oh i hear ya!

Back