Where do you Live and what do you ride!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Colorado. My Black98Vmax has the following-
Polished Front wheel, Super Brace, Galfer Wave rotors, progressive front springs, Xenon headlight, Kuryakyn grips & pegs, WIDE handlebars, Billet Master cylinder covers, custom, mirrors, Dyna 3000, Stage 7, lightened flywheel, Barnett Clutch conversion, Clear clutch & waterpump covers, crash bars/highway pegs, solid motor mounts, frame braces, RMSportmax seat, LED rear reflector conversion, aftermarket indicators L&P, Lowered Progressive rear shocks, Venture rear gears, Polished swingarm, side mount license plate with LED's, LED side markers on radiator, stainless lines, oil pressure guage, Custon paint, assorted billet goodies... please don't tell my wife! LOL
over 300 days of sunshine at a mile high, year in & year out. God is good!!!

Hi from Poole in the UK. I've got a 2000 US import Vmax bought as standard and been customising it ever since. Also got a ZX9 but the Vmax is my regular ride.

ATB

Speedymax

114880563_55a80b55b6.jpg

114882397_a1d69aa871.jpg

I live in Wisconsin, USA. My VMax is a well worn '85 with 99K+ miles. The only addition is a RMSportmax seat. I also ride a 2003 FZ1.

Attachments

• vmax_1a.jpg
    vmax_1a.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 17
Hi fellows. I live in Humboldt, Sask and own a 2000 Max. This past weekend I put it through the paces on a 1700 mile ride through the Rockies. I also own a '76 XS650 Streettracker that I built a year ago. Been riding since 1966 and still race vintage dirttrack in Sturgis, South Dakota on weekends.
DSC00342.jpg

Near Wichita Ks, USA

First Vmax I bought was a 1991 and still have it. I've got quite a number of them now. I rode a friends 86 for quite a few years before I bought my own. He finally told me to just park it at my house I was borrowing it so much - LOL.

Now we do about anything to them you want. I'm glad to see so many from around the world with very nice bikes checking in.

Later,
Sean Morley

'88 V-Max with stretched arm, NOS, sportbike wheels,....etc. Live in Little Rock, Arkansas. I love it here. Tried to sell the 'ole Max to build a "real" street racer, but I guess I'll just keep adding "go fast" goodies to the V-Max instead. I'll take the engine out for an over-haul and 1260cc piston kit this winter. :eusa_dance:

Just bought a 99 Max after selling my CBX and Trident to pay for it. Soon be time to lay it up for the winter here in Newfoundland. :Snowmobile:

Baytown, Texas;

I ride a 1999 V-Max, Carbon Fiber.......

Progressive springs and shocks
Racetech cartridge emulators
Solid mounts
Frame braces
Fork brace
Steering stabilizer
WR's rearsets
Dynojet Wideband Commander A/F ratio monitor
Oil pressure gauge

Wfcall, I'm interested in hearing more about your Dynojet A/F monitor? How does it hook up? Have you compared the readings with a Dyno? I wonder how accurate it is? TIA.

maleko89 said:
Wfcall, I'm interested in hearing more about your Dynojet A/F monitor? How does it hook up? Have you compared the readings with a Dyno? I wonder how accurate it is? TIA.

Hey Mark;

http://www.widebandcommander.com/

Go to the Dyno jet website and it will tell you more but here is the deal.
I took it off my wifes formerly ATI Procharged supercharged 350Z
It has a Bosch LSU4 wideband O2 sensor that feeds it the A/F info.The sensor is mounted on the big collector thingie under the gas tank on the left side; it turned out cleaner than I thought it would as far as installing a bung and sensor. Not sure where I will put it when I finally get an aftermarket exhaust.
The guage is a 2 1/16" guage that I cup mounted on the bike.
It also has inputs for RPM, Vacuum/Boost, throttle position and any other 0-5 volt sensor input that can be user named and programmed. I haven't found a 0-5 volt sending unit yet to use for acquirring throttle postion info; if I ever go F/I ($$$$$$$) I will pursue that but not for now....
It requires a laptop in order to program it. If all you are using is the A/F portion no programming is required unless you want to use the warning light on the guage to indicate overly lean conditions and I would not do that unless I did use the other features to allow programming to rule out an unneeded lean condition warning light under light throttle, low rpm situaitons. A laptop IS needed to playback any data-logged information...
The brain is identical in size to a Dynojet power commander and is mounted under the seat where the tool kit used to be.
All of the inputs can be data-logged for up to 10 minutes when a datalogging switch is turned on. The A/F is the only one that can be viewed at all times. the rest require a laptop to view, and they can either be viewed in real time or through the data logged playback feature.
I used a 0-5 volt pressure transducer on the oil system to input oil pressure to see what it is doing while going down the track.
It has various programmable features; one is a warning light led on the guage itself that I programmed to turn on at around 500 rpm before the shift lite (Raptor) comes on; it allows for some anticipation of the main shift lite...
It also has a programmable output that will send a ground to any circuit you choose such as nitrous etc. It can be programmed using any of the inputs parameters I.E. Rpm over XXX. A/F richer that XXX, Throttle position open more than XXXX percent....
I programmed this one to turn on when oil pressure is below 30psi and rpm's are over 3500 in order to serve as a warning lite feature in case of an oil system failure.
I sent this output to an MSD mini-prolite that will catch my attention if the oil pressure meets those parameters.
I hope I never need it.

For those that don't know a Wideband sensor is a 4 or 5 wire sensor that is accurate between 10:1 to 18:1
A normal 2 wire narrow band sensor is actually only able to indicate if the A/F is under 14.7:1 or over 14.7 regardless of how many pretty lites the MFG> puts on the guage, they are actually quite useless for tuning purposes...

As far as accuracy the Bosch is generally recognized as one of the best and just about evey wideband system out there uses that same sensor; when we were tuning my wifes car on a dyno the Dynojet on her car was always very close to what the dynojet chassis dyno with an exhaust sniifer up the tailpipe was telling us.

Rusty McNeil

Last edited:
Rusty, thanks for this. I have Mark's exhaust and it has a balance tube so I could use that. Do you just drill/tap and then install?

maleko89 said:
Rusty, thanks for this. I have Mark's exhaust and it has a balance tube so I could use that. Do you just drill/tap and then install?

It comes with a weld on "bung" as it is commonly called.

http://www.widebandcommander.com/replacement_parts.htm

Not sure how welding and ceramic coating go together. Is your Marks Stainless or ceramic?
If it is ceramic perhaps some high temp exhaust paint would touch it up afterwards.
As far as the welding I had an auto exdhaust shop do mine. It was kind of wierd and scary seeing my bike up on an over head lift. They slid the ramps together; one for the bike and the other for the kickstand.

I live in Dubai, That is in the Persian/Arabian Gulf if you haven't heard of it.
I ride a 93 yellow Vmax which is pretty much stock but still lots of fun to me.
I also ride a 2005 YZ450f MX bike in the desert here. That is a lot of fun.
I am looking to pick up a Buell Lightning or an MT-01 just for something different.. but I love the Vmax. It always makes me smile...

I know it's been awhile since the last post on this one, but I was looking to see who my nearest Vmax buddy is.

I'm in central Indiana and roll a pretty much stock '92. I like it but I just wish I could make these Cobras louder. :biglaugh:

Brimley, Michgan (located in the eastern end of Michigan's U.P,)

Yah, I am a yooper, eh? You betchca!

Just bought a red '92 vmax, completely stock atm, though a seat will be purchased in the very near future. :biglaugh: Just have to put together the $ for the sportmax core charges so I won't miss any precious riding time between snowfalls.

Back