Which is a better look?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the chrome look on your bike. There is a point that too much black can take the look down. Never thought I'd say that cause I generally wear all black.:ummm:

I like the chrome....strictly because it draws attention to the full size of the scoops.

I like both, for different reasons. The chrome look is more-'bright' (read, 'flashy').

I have multiple tins and other pieces like the scoops and side covers that are all finished differently. I can have a stock-looking bike or I can add different color & polished powder-coated, or chrome pieces to change the look. I have several seats too, and I would have had 3 different exhausts if I hadn't sold my Kerker 4/1 on here recently. Mix & match! I even have the luxury of different rear fenders. I have a custom front that I haven't gotten-around to mounting.

Like your GF or wife, change your look of your bike to keep things interesting or to suit your purpose. She gets a new handbag, you fit your saddlebags. She gets a new hair style, you go from a grab bar hugging the rear fender, to a powder-coated sissy bar & luggage rack. She gets a new summer outfit, you get a bright swap-out of the F & R fenders & the faux tank cover.

Everything matches in the first pic. Kerker , wheels , side covers , scoops. It's a good look.:punk::punk:

Chrome is a difficult master . Not cheap and there seems to be no end to it.:rofl_200::rofl_200:

Attachments

• # 2 Group Chip 287.jpg
    # 2 Group Chip 287.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC03713.jpg
    DSC03713.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 46
I like the black/silver, over the chrome on the bike. to me the chrome looks to bright takes away from the rest of the bike. Just me mind you thinking out loud.

I just come into a set of chrome scoops and side covers and after installing them I'm not sure which look I like better. I would welcome any opinions either way.View attachment 44713View attachment 44714

The chrome is one of the main things that made the bike I just bought stick out from the others I was looking at. Personal preference but I'm a big black and chrome type of guy

However with the rest of your bike the two tone flows better with your kerkers etc

Last edited:
How about start a style of Frankenstein where one side is chromed out and the other is the two toned?!?

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

Thanks for the input. This is going to be a tough decision.

Go with your gut feel - it doesn't matter what others think and you can see for the above opinion is split roughly 50/ 50.

Not only that but this is my 1000th post! :clapping:

Chrome the Kerker and then you have it all balanced! :eusa_dance:
(I know...it never stops)

Dale

QUOTE=MaxMidnight;374937]Go with your gut feel - it doesn't matter what others think and you can see for the above opinion is split roughly 50/ 50.

Not only that but this is my 1000th post! :clapping:[/QUOTE]

:punk: 1,OOO posts

Latest posts

Back