WHY is my clutch cover still leaking OIL

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1967vmax

Reaction score
Ok i give up i dont know how to get her sealed i put on a new gasket and it leaked oil at the bottom the thinest part of the clutch cover so i get a new gastket and put yama bond on both sides still leaks, clean old gasket off, get a new gasket take a thick sheet of glass tape some 220 grit to the glass and sand the cover so it flush all the way around still leaks , so should i try yamabond all the way around the clutch cover with a gasket? :bang head:I HATE OIL LEAKS

Ok i give up i dont know how to get her sealed i put on a new gasket and it leaked oil at the bottom the thinest part of the clutch cover so i get a new gastket and put yama bond on both sides still leaks, clean old gasket off, get a new gasket take a thick sheet of glass tape some 220 grit to the glass and sand the cover so it flush all the way around still leaks , so should i try yamabond all the way around the clutch cover with a gasket? :bang head:I HATE OIL LEAKS

Im making the paper gaskets myself.
Im always puting new paper gasket into oil, let them swim for half an hour and it never leaked.
Maybe try to wet Your gasket?

Isn't that the cover that needs a copper washer on the bottom bolt to prevent an oil leak... or is that the middle gear cover? :ummm:

Try putting the cover on a piece of glass and use a feeler gauge to see if there is any gaps between the cover and glass. sounds like the cover maybe warped.

Mike

Last edited:
The Middle gear cover requires the washer Buster, clutch side are all normal bolts.

Thanks Brian, can never remember which one that washer goes on!! :biglaugh:

Try putting the cover on a piece of glass and use a filler gauge to see if there is any gaps between the cover and glass. sounds like the cover maybe warped.

Mike

+1 to this good idea.

Latest posts

Back