Will this 06 cover fit my 97?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BothaBoeta

Reaction score
Saw this on ebay-mine is cracked so bad it is falling away.A friend said to make certain the 06 will fit on my 97.I actually only need the left side,not the side where the key goes...anyone have one?

Cheers
Philip

I don't KNOW that it will fit but given that so little changed on the bike on the whole during the entire run, if it was me spending the money, I wouldn't hesitate to make that purchase. I really can't see Yamaha fiddling with a frame cover when they couldn't be bothered to update so many other things.

My two cents and a dollar might get you a cup of java at any rate.:eusa_dance:
How did you crack it, anyway?

Saw this on ebay-mine is cracked so bad it is falling away.A friend said to make certain the 06 will fit on my 97.I actually only need the left side,not the side where the key goes...anyone have one?

Cheers
Philip

No it wont cause I just baught them, Just kidding :biglaugh:

They should fit just fine. :punk:

KJShover is FUNNY!!! They were cracked when I got the bike.It has a steering dampner(Thats what I believe it is-you turn it this way-sterring gets easier,and turn it the other way-steering gets tighter) and it looks like when they installed it,it broke...

Just to make sure I know what i'm buying-those are the plastic covers that connet to frame in the front,slightly covered by the scoops and tank?The key goes thru the whole in the one on the right?
Help an idiot please....

also guys remember a little acetone will glue them back together. i need to do that to one of mine soon actually.

Latest posts

Back