Windows 8

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
I did the download and made the DVD to install Win 8. I used an extra blank 60GB HD, and did a clean install. Interesting program. but I can see it being a lot easier to use with a touchscreen. It seems fully functional, most of the stuff I downloaded into it works fine - and it doesn't expire till next January.

3 out of 5 stars. At least it's not an Apple......

I'll download it and it and test it out in virtual box. I've been running linux for years so will be interesting seeing how Microsoft is playing catchup.

I've been using Apples since the day they were cool and ahead of the game.

Now they've become patronizing and condescending maybe I should explore Linux.. Never been a fan of MS's way of doing things.

Well loaded windows 8 up with vbox. Ran like shit, looked like shit, another great product from Microsoft.

They released a Free Win 8 Consumer Preview.
I installed it as a Dual Boot Option on my I7-870 PC and it runs just as fast as Win 7, but I don't like the Metro Look at all.
It really was designed to be used with a Touch Screen on a Notebook, Tablet or Mobile Device not a Keyboard and Mouse.
Here's a little write up about it:
http://www.thetechlabs.com/tech-news/windows-8-features/

Latest posts

Back