Won't start w/new Odessey

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think any of today's regulators are adjustable. Another money grab from the manufacturers!

Miles, I appreciate your point of view but less components makes it cheaper to manufacture and minimises the likelihood of incorrect calibration before sale plus it also stops the 'more is better' brigade fiddling!

I'm not sure how long it was overcharging because this whole electrical issue stemmed from a pinched stator wire that I found after about a whole season suffering through charging issues but I would say not that long since I only put this R/R on about 500 miles ago. Wish I could be more specific but that's about as long ago I could say for high output.

Miles, I appreciate your point of view but less components makes it cheaper to manufacture and minimises the likelihood of incorrect calibration before sale plus it also stops the 'more is better' brigade fiddling!

Yup, Gotta admit you're right, Max. I can just see the scenario now....a young fella, with his first bike-
"I'm gettin her up to 50 mph, this thingee's only puttin' out 14 volts. Betcha by crankin' it up to 20, I'll be able to keep up to highway traffic!
Now where is that screwdriver......"
Cheers!

I searched youtube. Can't stand more than a minute or two of that loud mouth D!ck featured on Fast N Loud. It started out decent enough prolly back in season 1, but fame and fortune, plus perhaps him being a bit more comfortable with camera's with him 24/7, have caused his attitude to exceed my tolerance levels.

I'd unplug the connector on the red wire from the R/R Ed. Just to see if she cranks over nice with the new battery. Then try another R/R and test. I like the later model Gen 1 regulators.
I believe there is a light weight Lithium available, that drops right in the OEM battery box.

You gotta give it to Odyssey Battery co. I called the place that I bought my battery last July and they said I could ship it to them and they would test it and if it tested bad then after 4 days of testing then they would send it back to Odyessy then I might have a new one in about 2-3 weeks but also said to find a local Odyssey dealer and take it to them and they would give me a new one. So I called Battery's Plus a local place and they said NO IF YOU DIDNT BUY IT HERE THEN THERES NOTHING I COULD DO. Ok... Wtf! So I found a real Distributor in Reading Pa and i Messaged them and within about an hour I have a rep call me after I had written that my local distributor said they couldn't help me she said he was wrong and she was gonna get to the bottom of why they told me that and they will send me a brand new battery ( no charge) and I gave her my address and she also said that advantage battery where I bought it in Oklahoma City was not an authorized dealer for them so I guess you can't just buy off eBay when someone says they are a dealer. She don't know where they even got the battery to sell me. But just shows customer service goes a long way and that's why Sean, Kyle and the other guys here should do well cause they've all given GREAT customer service to anyone that buys from them. I'm a true believer in Odyessy products now and will be for life. But wow I do hope they mave a lithium battery someday cause that would be really cool. Those lithiumms are so light I thought the guy was kidding when he handed me one to see how light they are. Damn!

If you still having the problem. Had my main fuse hold fuse not making good contact. Motor sometimes would not start. And would not charging.

Attachments

• P1050905.jpg
    P1050905.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 13
  • P1050924.jpg
    P1050924.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 14
If you still having the problem. Had my main fuse hold fuse not making good contact. Motor sometimes would not start. And would not charging.

Now that you mention that I'm gonna completely redo that connector cause mine even though I soldered it I still don't like the looks of it. My luck that as the problem all along. But I'm glad you brought that up. I never figured that as an possible problem. Thanks

The SE USA Odyssey distributor is in Ft. Lauderdale a few mi. from my home. I have stopped in there, and they took the time to discuss their products w/me and why they have a good product because of how it's built. An 'illuminating' experience.

I have been running Lithium-ion batteries for several years, and while it hasn't been entirely trouble-free, I think the Li-ions are a good product. If I was 'buck$-constrained' I might buy a Panasonic AGM battery, but I like to use the tech. if I can afford it.

Ok looks like my new PC 680 Odyessy is bad! It tests 12.9V but only 24 cca so looks like I gotta find where I got this online from. Damn it! That's the worst thing about online shopping. The guy at advance auto parts showed me a lithium which weighs like a feather and it has like 335cca but it's about 1/2" wider so not sure that it will fit but the real bad part is the price they want $260 for it but wow is it light but wow is it expensive. I'm gonna try to get a new Odyessy from where I got mine under warranty so wish me luck with that. WTF!

2 things. Have you looked at using online coupons for advanced? Can get up to 40% off for some stuff. In addition you can get discounted gift cards through giftcard granny for addtional 10-20% off.

Tks Dennis, I'm going to put a fresh one (22ah) in my bike,and put the current 22 AH in my welder/gen. It's still good after 4 years, but the lead acid (auto zone)is junk after one yr.

Latest posts

Back