Wow! VMAX's ARE fast!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hammer doesn't drive the nail, it's the craftsman behind it who uses it correctly. It's like gun control-without it you will be lucky to hit that at which you are aiming.

The hammer doesn't drive the nail, it's the craftsman behind it who uses it correctly. It's like gun control-without it you will be lucky to hit that at which you are aiming.
I believe that to be true but also there is the factor of how hard are you willing to push yourself and your machine and knowing your machine.

I outran a busa twice at the track guy was not happy. I guess I should say out rode him since I know they will smoke me.

I ate one up here. Not on the track though, it was more a point A to turn off B. It was a little less than an 1/8th mile. It was pretty funny glancing in my mirror, shifting gears and watching the front of his bike bounce up and down like a pogo-stick. :biglaugh:

But, I have to say the Suzuki rocket was on me quick near the end. :rocket bike:
I heard a couple weeks ago, its now 3" longer and has a dry 40 hit for it now.

Isn't this one of the main reasons half of us have a Vmax?
Owning the myth/legend always drums up controversy.

At least one point in time, every forum has had at least one debate on the prowess of mr. Max.
And to this day, you still get the looks, and the question....
It's fast isn't it?

I have played with a couple of Busa's that I got the jump on. +1 on watching them try and wrestle down a monster wheelie in an effort to catch the MAX. For me, the scary part is knowing they are about to fly past me once they get the front wheel down!!!! i would hate to be in the way of that missle.

i run mine pretty hard still not impressed with it:confused2:.......faster than a busa......the big NOT GOING TO HAPPEN........

i run mine pretty hard still not impressed with it:confused2:.......faster than a busa......the big NOT GOING TO HAPPEN........

No one on here is going to make your ".......faster than a busa......" claim but in the right hands it is often quicker than a Hyabusa because usable power will beat 'wheelying, tire breaks traction' power. How many people are going to do 186 mph anyway? Most contests are probably in an urban environment, and that is where the VMax shines. Sure, there are open expressways to wring it out, but many people would rather pick their battles/contests and be reasonably-assured they have a good chance, especially if the other rider's enthusiasm is in greater-supply than his bike-handling prowess? For instance, the 1/8 mi. strip is a good place to practice what you preach, not that I am a strip rat, I am not, but I will be happy to send 'CaptainKyle' in my place, good luck.

For a lightly-modded bike, the power the VMax offers its rider is usable, available, usually controllable, and reliable. Sure a 600 may turn out the same HP when it's hitting 15K, but when you're going 60 mph and wack the throttle WFO it's no contest. It isn't the 'be-all, end-all' of two-wheel entertainment, but how many of the other bikes for sale today are going to exist in their present form in 2024? None! Unless you count some 125 cc/250cc third-world 'people-mover.' Qualify that with "750 cc+," then I am willing to bet a Social Security check I would be getting at that time the answer is still the same. If you look at Yamaha's 'pure-sports' product from say, 1987, it went just under 160 mph & a 10.7 1/4 mi. In 25 years we improved 1.2 seconds and 26 mph (electronically-limited) for pure stock bikes. The fact that we are on-here and enthusiastically trade information and ideas, as well as riding stories says, "we are impressed."

We are impressed with the character of the bike, the way it generates conversations with total strangers when we stop for a meal, for gas, or for a light.

We are impressed that something so 'ancient' in terms of sports bikes' development cycles lasted essentially unchanged for 22 years.

We are impressed that you can order virtually every part for this bike new, from the factory, 27 years after its launch.

We are impressed that almost anything you care to contemplate for this bike has been done already, somewhere, by someone who cared-enough to make the mod, and it's up to us to find it and to marvel over its execution.

We are impressed that whole companies rely on churning out parts for a bike often referred to as "crude" by the paid wordsmiths in the motorcycle rags. These same guys who write about our favorite flavor of Internal Combustion Punch are in the business of selling the new bikes being produced, not in being happy with modding our rides to suit our personalities and riding preferences. Yeah, we 'drank the Kool-Aid,' a long time ago (or maybe not, for some of use) and as Tom Wolfe might have once said, we have passed the Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test and we want more!

You don't have to be impressed, just tell us what you decided to do to make your bike look distinct, stop better, steer better, accelerate better, or stand-up to the enthusiastic abuse we mete out daily to our rides.

Then we'll tell you if we're impressed. :punk:

No one on here is going to make your ".......faster than a busa......" claim but in the right hands it is often quicker than a Hyabusa because usable power will beat 'wheelying, tire breaks traction' power. How many people are going to do 186 mph anyway? Most contests are probably in an urban environment, and that is where the VMax shines. Sure, there are open expressways to wring it out, but many people would rather pick their battles/contests and be reasonably-assured they have a good chance, especially if the other rider's enthusiasm is in greater-supply than his bike-handling prowess? For instance, the 1/8 mi. strip is a good place to practice what you preach, not that I am a strip rat, I am not, but I will be happy to send 'CaptainKyle' in my place, good luck.

For a lightly-modded bike, the power the VMax offers its rider is usable, available, usually controllable, and reliable. Sure a 600 may turn out the same HP when it's hitting 15K, but when you're going 60 mph and wack the throttle WFO it's no contest. It isn't the 'be-all, end-all' of two-wheel entertainment, but how many of the other bikes for sale today are going to exist in their present form in 2024? None! Unless you count some 125 cc/250cc third-world 'people-mover.' Qualify that with "750 cc+," then I am willing to bet a Social Security check I would be getting at that time the answer is still the same. If you look at Yamaha's 'pure-sports' product from say, 1987, it went just under 160 mph & a 10.7 1/4 mi. In 25 years we improved 1.2 seconds and 26 mph (electronically-limited) for pure stock bikes. The fact that we are on-here and enthusiastically trade information and ideas, as well as riding stories says, "we are impressed."

We are impressed with the character of the bike, the way it generates conversations with total strangers when we stop for a meal, for gas, or for a light.

We are impressed that something so 'ancient' in terms of sports bikes' development cycles lasted essentially unchanged for 22 years.

We are impressed that you can order virtually every part for this bike new, from the factory, 27 years after its launch.

We are impressed that almost anything you care to contemplate for this bike has been done already, somewhere, by someone who cared-enough to make the mod, and it's up to us to find it and to marvel over its execution.

We are impressed that whole companies rely on churning out parts for a bike often referred to as "crude" by the paid wordsmiths in the motorcycle rags. These same guys who write about our favorite flavor of Internal Combustion Punch are in the business of selling the new bikes being produced, not in being happy with modding our rides to suit our personalities and riding preferences. Yeah, we 'drank the Kool-Aid,' a long time ago (or maybe not, for some of use) and as Tom Wolfe might have once said, we have passed the Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test and we want more!

You don't have to be impressed, just tell us what you decided to do to make your bike look distinct, stop better, steer better, accelerate better, or stand-up to the enthusiastic abuse we mete out daily to our rides.

Then we'll tell you if we're impressed. :punk:
didnt mean anything bad. The way everybody always bragged the vmax up.I bought one not what i thought they were.....dont get me wrong its a fun bike to run light to light.........and long impressive 2nd gear rolling burn outs..........i like my bike eats tires like its job.............lol.lol

didnt mean anything bad. The way everybody always bragged the vmax up.I bought one not what i thought they were.....dont get me wrong its a fun bike to run light to light.........and long impressive 2nd gear rolling burn outs..........i like my bike eats tires like its job.............lol.lol
I hear ya Bill, these things are sleds... Unless you put twice as much money into them as there worth lol. But we do have fun on them painting the Michigan asphalt don't we :punk:

:confused2: Wont a hayabusa fix all of this.
Originally Posted by Fire-medic

Then we'll tell you if we're impressed. :worthy: The hayabusa power is what i want but for the street and my lack of disciplne for power verses the law the Vmax is a good fit for me. If i could pull the wheel up at will i would be doing it all the time. If i could do 186mph or better you can bet that i would on every ride. For now the vmax works good for me but i agree with wildman. Its power has never scared me. I have rode with wildman and i will be the first to say his bike did impress me and alot of other's

My zx10r will beat a busa. lol And I NEVER ride the damned thing. Uncomfortable as hell. And I thank god every time I get off of the thing.

My first gear goes 104 MPH! BTW: That is stock. It wheelies at will in first through 3rd.

F it man, I'm 44... I don't need any more of that crap.

I agree, I can't stand riding Crotch Rockets for any length of time because they are so uncomfortable.

With my VMax I can ride for Hours and still be able to have some Fun when I feel like it.

PS
Nice "Tail Section" on your Bike ! :spanka:

C'mon, Mike, ya gotta give the VMax its due. Like I said, nothing else built today 'at the top of the heap' is gonna be around in 22 years still essentially the same bike. The fact that the VMax did and has such a loyal following is reason to celebrate. So, celebrate by posting-up your mods as they get done and go out and surprise a Hyabusa or two. You don't have to hit the speed governor each time you start it up.

IN DEFENSE OF THE AD'S CLAIM:

Okay, I am taking an opposing view here.

I happen to own both a 'Busa and a 'Max. I can tell you with absolute certainty that every time I ride my vMax, after being out and about and tearing up the roads, that damned Busa is sitting right where I left it. I mean, its like the Busa is standing still compared to my romp on the vMax.

I think we just need more detail from the seller.

Seriously though, both are fun as hell and I have no intention of selling Mr. Max.

I agree, I can't stand riding Crotch Rockets for any length of time because they are so uncomfortable.

With my VMax I can ride for Hours and still be able to have some Fun when I feel like it.

PS
Nice "Tail Section" on your Bike ! :spanka:

+100 to this. I can ride the max for a couple of hours before it gets annoying. But 15 minutes on the 'Busa and my hands hurt like crazy. I don't see how people can tour on those things.

A few years back when the 'Busa was new on the market. There was a fellow that I worked with wanted one so dam bad. I never hear anything else from the damn fool, 'busa this 'busa that 'busa 'busa 'busa. Now at the time he did not have a bike, I figured he was just a talker. So when when we got our year bonuses, he had been saving up and got himself a 'busa. Well he was as proud of that bike as if gave birth to it. Now for real I was happy for him, it was something he really wanted and he got it, cooto's for him. I personally thought he was a want to be poser on it, but it made him happy. Time spring broke out, there where 5 or 6 others had bikes. And they all rode them too work and raced off after. Well after a long week we all wanted to see how they ran. The road in front of the company was about 2 miles away from a light a golf course on one side and the other side had limited access so it was for the most part a safe straight away. So they all go down to the light and take off on the cycle of the light. by the time they got to us they where flying near top speeds. Now the guy on the 'busa was ahead of the H-D guys but not by much but not in the lead either. They all circle back and he said after he hit 150ish he did not like how it felt and he would never ride it that fast again. He sold the bike at the end of the year to another guy that work there. Now he changed this and that but he still has it and it still a fast bike. And the guy that bought the 'busa lives around the block from from me. He has seen my max and has asked me to race with him. lol I will one day. The kid that bought the 'busa in the first place ended up with a Gold Wing and is still happy to this day on it. I felt bad for him, when he sold it. But the bike was not really for him.

I hear ya Bill, these things are sleds... Unless you put twice as much money into them as there worth lol. But we do have fun on them painting the Michigan asphalt don't we :punk:
you no it chuck...........cant wait to smell the blue stuff.......:clapping:you prob smell it more than me...lol.....:confused2:

Latest posts

Back