Your Vmax accessory control center!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
Ok guys this all started from that Damn Garage door opener thing! :bang head: Ok Most of us have accessories on our bike i.e. fan override , accent lighting , Ipod charging circuit etc. Ok if this works like I think it will, I will make these with up to 5 buttons maximum. Each circuit should handle a 25Amp load. These are actually momentary push buttons ( that damn Garage door opener again) however I am building a latching circuit which will then trigger a remote relay. When the circuit is on the L.E.D. will be lit. The one I am working is for my bike. The far left has no L.E.D. because that will be for that Garage door opener. If it works out I will supply a programmable door opener with the kit. Now the other buttons on mine will be for 1. accent lighting 2. Fan over ride 3. accessory charging circuit 4. reserve . My intentions is to make this as much plug and play as possible. With exchange of your original bike housing. They will come in chrome or you can paint them. The components underneath will be encapsulated in a resin of some sort. Then there will be a wire loom that will come from this that will 'Y" one side garage door opener housing. The other will be the remote relays. At that point there will be a wire harness that you tie your accessories into along with the power and ground from the ignition. Price is not determined as of yet because I am just getting into it. If any of you might be interested let me know. Thanks G :punk:

Awesome. I'll probably end up with this, too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Clean clean clean and that is important to me. I especially like the idea of it being resin sealed and protected from the elements as the elements (rain) goes right up through there.
Great idea !

Clean clean clean and that is important to me. I especially like the idea of it being resin sealed and protected from the elements as the elements (rain) goes right up through there.
Great idea !

I have always hated the neck switches that I have, I can never remember if they are on or off or what is on or off :bang head: Plus leaning up and over the faux tank while riding to see if my fan over ride switch is on etc. I like clean and functional :eusa_dance: and with the L.E.D.s you will be able to see what is on, you will just have to remember what is what :rofl_200:. The lights might be a little harder to see at day time yet will be not too bright for night time (hoping). Night time was my main concern not to be too bright yet hopefully bright enough during the day. Finding a 12v L.E.D. is about a BIOTCH! I could have run a lower voltage L.E.D. however then you have more chit in that sealed area that might not fit. :confused2: so far it is not looking to be too cheep by any means in my opinion because I always want stuff for free! :rofl_200:

G

Agreed. This is NOT going to be a cheap mod. There is a lot of labor time, relays, and effort into building something like this.

Sean

Yes indeed. One of the nicest i've seen. I just don't want these guys thinking this is a $50-$100 mod.

Sean

Yes indeed. One of the nicest i've seen. I just don't want these guys thinking this is a $50-$100 mod.

Sean

:rofl_200:heck just the chome would be $65 +. The price will be determined on how many circuits that you desire and what configuration :confused2:. The pricing will be a little bit of a PITA in the beginning but I will get it figured out. Base price, garage door opener ( 1 or 2 buttons ) yes or no, 1 circuit - 5 max it will be a bit confusing. Already did some looking at having some custom circuit boards printed up and it is not all that bad. I just need to find the buttons in bulk along with the door openers. The rest is already been located in bulk to keep the prices down :punk:

G

ok the circuit works! I ended up purchasing some super small pre-made circuit boards for the momentary buttons that that then trigger the relays. The only thing that I do not like and have spoken to the manufacturer about is..... When you kill the power, which will be your ignition the stored energy in the circuit board has got to go somewhere right? Well your accessory will then have power for that split second, I don't care much for it but that is the way the ball bounces. Depending on the current draw of your accessories you might not even know it? The only thing that might be a for sure deal is that all of the L.E.D.'s will come on as your bike is turned off. I guess you can look at it as a light check? LOL G
Here is the part that I am sending to the chrome shop today!

That is cool..and I would be interested also. For me atleast anonized black...or maybe a "raw" piece that I could have done on my own.

That is cool..and I would be interested also. For me atleast anonized black...or maybe a "raw" piece that I could have done on my own.

I will send the modified piece to you or your original , you will then have it painted to match or powder coated. Then you will need to have the part shipped back to me for assembly :punk:. This way I have no dealings with the coating being correct sheen color etc.

G

If we choose our own finish could it be drilled and stuff after coating or would you need to do the work first?

If we choose our own finish could it be drilled and stuff after coating or would you need to do the work first?

It would work better for the coatings to be placed after the modification is done. My luck it will get scratched :bang head:

G

It would work better for the coatings to be placed after the modification is done. My luck it will get scratched :bang head:

G

I figured. I already started looking for them on ebay so I could just send a "fresh" one to you for the work and get it done without any down time.

Back