What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well not all today but during this last week tom the beekeeper and I took my 2000 vmax's wheels, forks, scoops, and gas tank covers off and and I sent them to the powder coaters. They said I'll have them back in a week. I also ordered bearing and seals from sean and some new valve stems. Can't wait to get it back together with some new rubber. Just in time for thunder.:punk:

Still no new of whether my bike's been done and when it's coming, so I spent an hour cleaning my helmets today, including washing the linings..

My galfer rear wave rotor warped or got a hot spot in it, tried the machine shop route of turning it true, no go. The metal is to hard and just fractures off. Sean sent me a new EBC rotor and pads, it sure is nice having predictable rear brakes now.

My galfer rear wave rotor warped or got a hot spot in it, tried the machine shop route of turning it true, no go. The metal is to hard and just fractures off. Sean sent me a new EBC rotor and pads, it sure is nice having predictable rear brakes now.

Mine too! Galfer took care of me tho bc it was 2 months old. They sent me a new one so I sold it and got an ebc. I got rid of that one too but that's a whole 'nother story (squealing brakes) it was a really nice setup tho. Did u do organic pads?

Yesterday the new rear brake pads went on as well as a clear cleanable fuel filter. Today, the black drag bars and some fresh Rotella.

Mine too! Galfer took care of me tho bc it was 2 months old. They sent me a new one so I sold it and got an ebc. I got rid of that one too but that's a whole 'nother story (squealing brakes) it was a really nice setup tho. Did u do organic pads?
Mine was about 5 years old, still looked cool. Not sure what Sean sent me, you might say I trusted him to send the best ones. I will look up the model numbers to see what I have now. Hopefully they are different than Galfer green, these stopped really quick but made a lot of moaning noises. Don't get me wrong i like moaning, just not from my brakes!:rofl_200:

Organic pads

Finally installed the COP mod that I fabricated awhile ago. Now it's time for a test ride...

I Installed the COPS Kit made by Gannon that I bought from Sean Morley.
I took a 80 Mile Test Ride and it runs great.
I thought I had an intermittent issue with one of my front coils and now I know I did, because the COPS smoothed everything out again.

Attachments

• Left_Front_COP.jpg
    Left_Front_COP.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Left_Rear_COP.jpg
    Left_Rear_COP.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Right_Front_COP.jpg
    Right_Front_COP.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Right_Rear_COP.jpg
    Right_Rear_COP.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I Installed the COPS Kit made by Gannon that I bought from Sean Morley.
I took a 80 Mile Test Ride and it runs great.
I thought I had an intermittent issue with one of my front coils and now I know I did, because the COPS smoothed everything out again.

I really need to make this mod!!

Look Like progressive 430's I've got a set of those I haven't been able to install yet. Id love to hear your thoughts/ review on them! I was gonna go with 440's but the 30's look so much better

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

What shocks are you currently running ?

I'm running stock suspension right now. Switching to 430's ,inverted front end , braced swingarm / frame and radials all at once. Should be back on the road in the next 2-3 weeks.

So I won't really see the difference of just the rear progressives but overall it should handle like a totally different bike

I'm running stock suspension right now. Switching to 430's ,inverted front end , braced swingarm / frame and radials all at once. Should be back on the road in the next 2-3 weeks.

So I won't really see the difference of just the rear progressives but overall it should handle like a totally different bike

i wouldn't be to concerned about what you think you will be missing, after your first ride it wont matter. Yee haw

I should say so! I have been at it almost 5 years and you just passed me in one fell swoop! Good on ya! I'm not sure I'm going to go with a inverted front end, but my motor may need a bigger tuneup soon.:biglaugh:

i wouldn't be to concerned about what you think you will be missing, after your first ride it wont matter. Yee haw

I forget in all the excitement of the new mod that I should do a comparison of the old vs. the new. But then again I normally do all my mods during the off season which nullifies any good before/ after comparo's. I say ride on and enjoy/ report on what ya now have!
:thumbs up:

My main computer started acting funny. I knew it was about time, I built it about 7 years ago.
So while I was moving my files to another hard drive, and formatting the main HD, I detailed my bike while thinking about putting it in the car show next weekend.

p1030648y.jpg

p1030647oqy.jpg

p1030652.jpg

p1030653al.jpg

Fitted a new rear brake light switch (two weeks after having to fit a front one), fitted an oil pressure guage. Went for a good ride friday, loving the way it goes and handles after all the upgrades over the continuing winter

IMAG0352.jpg

IMAG0354.jpg

Slapped a black drag bar on to see how it looks. Now there isn't room for my tach to mount to the handlebars so I had to rig a temporary mount.

38e018c1.jpg

d0956f1f.jpg

Back