Morley Muscle Jet kit/ the adventure begins

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxinID

Reaction score
This thread I am documenting from start to finish my adventure in taking a perfectly good running 1999 Vmax and messing with it.

I will be submitting entries at each phase of the adventure, as much as i can communicate.

I have obtained an extra air box lid, also an extra oil filler cap. These will be sent in Thursday to Mr. Morley.

So I will be back Thursday to update.

Bye for now.

Attachments

• Air box lid.jpg
    Air box lid.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Oil cap.jpg
    Oil cap.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 77
This thread I am documenting from start to finish my adventure in taking a perfectly good running 1999 Vmax and messing with it.

I will be submitting entries at each phase of the adventure, as much as i can communicate.

I have obtained an extra air box lid, also an extra oil filler cap. These will be sent in Thursday to Mr. Morley.

So I will be back Thursday to update.

Bye for now.

Update: PMed Mr. Morley @ 12:45 regarding what is needed before sending in lid & cap & $$$.

16 min later got a response,
Check or MO for $220 dollars + cap + box.

Last edited:
You're quoting yourself? Oh Snap!

LOL I didn't think we needed to provide the cap and box... :confused2:

What no update it's been over 3 hours??

May-day May-day. Thats a negatori there blue thunder. I have maverick in my sights..

It's always better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass..:rofl_200:

wow over 200 for that???? pshtttttttt

"Don't shoot the messenger. Don't blame the person who brings bad news.
This idea was expressed by Sophocles as far back as 442 B.C. and much later by Shakespeare in 'Henry IV, Part II' (1598) and in 'Antony and Cleopatra' (1606-07)
The word kill may be used as a substitute for 'shoot.'"
Related saying: "Don't shoot the piano-player; he's doing the best he can.
Don't hurt innocent people.
Originated in the United States in the Wild West, around 1860.
During his 1883 tour of the United States, Oscar Wilde (1854-1900) saw this saying on a notice in a Leadville, Colorado, saloon.
It is sometimes attributed to Mark Twain, but neither Wilde nor Twain has ever claimed authority."

Now get back too making me some moonshine ya sunburnt hillbillie!!!

You won't be able to do it for much less. It's not like I make a killing on the kit.

Sean Morley

$200 with exchange of the airbox lid and oil fill cap. Very soon the price is going up $10 but will include a custom oil fill cap and no oil cap core will be needed. I can sell the lid outright and I charge $20 for that (so i can replace it).

It includes 4 jets each in sizes:
155, 157.5, 160, 162.5, 165, 167.5, and 177.5 (for PAJ2 if needed). Basically $80-$100 in jets (or more depending on where you get them).

A K&N filter fitted to the lid ($50 for the filter).

Stage Seven Air Correctors and Springs, Drill bit, and Install tool ($20)

Modified oil fill cap with legriss fitting ($15 for the fitting) plus 2' of pex pipe and plastic "T" fitting ($5 for that stuff).

So do the math and I am not making a lot here. The stage seven does not come with the filters. You can buy the cheap metal mesh filters on ebay and that's what you get. Something that will filter out the rocks but not the dirt. You buy the K&N's and then it gets expensive.

Sean Morley

Good to know as I can get a different lid as I really don't want to lose my stocker in case I want to go back.

I will start looking now I guess..

sorry sean i misunderstood i thought it was 220 for just the lid and the oil fill without jets or anything. 220 for everything is more like it!

no problem. By the time you find a lid and ship it to me I could sell you one for the extra $20 and you'd be done. If you want to wait for a little longer (or add it on later) i'll have the custom oil fill caps ready soon so then no need to send anything back.

Sean

Update:

Package containing lid & cap & MO was shipped today @ 1pm. Priority Mail.

Attachments

• Package.jpg
    Package.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 352
  • Box.jpg
    Box.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 153
Update:

Package containing lid & cap & MO was shipped today @ 1pm. Priority Mail.

Your lucky the airbox didnt get broken in shipment. Looks like it was squeezed in there like a 2lb bologni stuffed in a 1lb package.:whistlin:

Looks like it was squeezed in there like a 2lb bologni stuffed in a 1lb package.:whistlin:

:surprise::confused2:

P.S. https://www.idahospud.com/products.htm

The popular Idaho Spud Bar is a wonderful combination of a light cocoa flavored marshmallow center drenched with a dark chocolate coating and then sprinkled with coconut (Sorry, no potato!). The potato shape and unique blend of ingredients appeals to both young and old, making the "Idaho Spud" one of the top hundred selling candy bars in the Northwest, and is Idaho Candy Company's best selling bar. The Idaho Spud Bar has been a favorite since it was first manufactured in 1918.

:surprise::confused2:

P.S. https://www.idahospud.com/products.htm

The popular Idaho Spud Bar is a wonderful combination of a light cocoa flavored marshmallow center drenched with a dark chocolate coating and then sprinkled with coconut (Sorry, no potato!). The potato shape and unique blend of ingredients appeals to both young and old, making the "Idaho Spud" one of the top hundred selling candy bars in the Northwest, and is Idaho Candy Company's best selling bar. The Idaho Spud Bar has been a favorite since it was first manufactured in 1918.

They are also great for shooting out of Potato Guns ! :rofl_200: or sticking one in an exhaust pipe, or was that a bananna in Beverly Hills Cop

*Update*

Exactly 14 days since I sent off my Lid, cap, and Money Order.
No rush needed here, the "Never Ending Winter of 08" is still looming over us.

Back