Morley's muscle stage 7 jet kit/ Marks 4-2 exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micahdean

Reaction score
I recently purchased Morley's muscle stage 7 jet kit/ Marks 4-2 exhaust for my 2006 vmax.

I am trying to see if I can get some help with seeing what other people have their jets set to so I can have the best possible starting setup.

I also was looking to see if people had any pointers or advise on the whole process. I am still very new to all this. I saw a guy had pics posted of him doing his morley jet kit and was going to use it as part of a reference but I cant find it anymore for reason so I didn't know if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Sean can probably tell you what works best but it will still require tuning and tweaking to account for your elevation/air density.

similar setup 0 - 600 AMSL #40 pilot jet, 90 PAJ1, 177.5 PAJ2, 155 mains with air correctors and stage 7 springs. Top end slightly rich with good idle and transitions. S7 needles 3rd clip from blunt end added one shim.

similar setup 0 - 600 AMSL #40 pilot jet, 90 PAJ1, 177.5 PAJ2, 155 mains with air correctors and stage 7 springs. Top end slightly rich with good idle and transitions. S7 needles 3rd clip from blunt end added one shim.

Micahdean, my 06 setup with Sean Morley's jet kit and with a Marks SS 4/2 header w/ 14" exhaust was similar to leroycp's above, but with a couple differences based on my trial & error approach since I had no dyno access. Here's what I ended up with: #40 pilot fuel jet, 90 PAJ1, 170 PAJ2, 160 mains with air correct ours and stage 7 (shorter) springs. S7 needles with 3rd clip from blunt end, but no shim. A/F screws were 3.5 turns out also. With these settings here in mid-Michigan, bike was very strong, great idle, and plug color was light tan . Hope this helps !

Here are mine per Damon's documentation: Pilot Jets 40/ Main jets 152.5/ PAJ1 90/ PAJ2 170. Not sure what the needles are set at.
I guess I should learn how to tear down a set of carbs.

Big breakthrough for me was adding the A/F gauge. Let me see EXACTLY what was going on, and allowed me to adjust from there. FWIW.

A/F gauge?! You can read your exhaust Bob or is that something else besides a "sniffer"?

Did you post up when you installed it Bob? That may be something I'll look at in the future.
I swear I posted a big write up on it, but I can't seem to find it now! I thought I had it installed at Thunder last year, but I might have bought it right after that. It's an Innovate LC-1 and I added 2 bungs (1 at each collector), so that I can move the sensor from left side to right. Works great, but is a bitch to see the numbers through the smoked gauge in bright sunlight. I would recommend the Innovate MTX-L version for this reason. What I discovered with the gauge was that I was still rich up top with 155 jets, so I went down to 152.5's. I also had a tiny stumble when snapping the throttle open at cruise....this was due to the slides pulling too fast, and was corrected by putting the stock springs back in. I'm going to tie some of the coils off this year and see what results I get. I couldn't find a dyno who would run it for a reasonable price, so F'**K em, I spent $160 and I can tune all day every day if I want! Here are some pics;

Attachments

• gauge1 001.jpg
    gauge1 001.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 32
  • gauge1 002.jpg
    gauge1 002.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 34
  • gauge1 003.jpg
    gauge1 003.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 33
  • gauge1.jpg
    gauge1.jpg