Morley Muscle Jet kit/ the adventure begins

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*UPDATE*

Got some stock, and stage 7 needles via Mr. Morley in the mail today.

I have decided to try the Stage 7 needles first.
But of course I have every jet size except the ones suggested for the install.
I have no 152.5's.
I have 150's and down, and 155's and up. :bang head: Oh well.

Air correctors: Installed
Breather Hose: Installed
K&N air lid: Installed
Slides: Drilled
Short Springs: Installed

Stage 7 needles: clip 3
Mains: tomorow morning
Elevation: 4300ft.

You should try the 152.5's or the 150's anyway as high as you are.Probably still be too rich.

Yeah, forgot about your altitude. Forget my PM response and try the 150's first.

Your stock jets are 152.5's

When i bought my bike it had 155's in it, the carbs I bought to fix the A/F screw problem had 150's in it.

No stock Mains in da house.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will leave the 150's in it and give her a try this morning.

I would like to personally Thank Mr. Morley.

For the mere price of $200 I basically have a new bike.

Just got home :clapping:

Mains feel strong, good pull up to redline, no popping.

All I have to figure out is there is a "slight off rhythm combustion" around 2600-3000 while cruising.

It is not while I'm throttling up,only when I am holding her steady, like in traffic.

Slight back fire condition during no throttle decleration.

I haven't touched the A/F screws...........yet.

Stg 7 needles, clip 3
150 mains
4,300ft

Gonna tweak the screws see if that helps, if not maybe a 1/3 shim.

Dyno is scheduled for Thursday afternoon up in Idaho Falls.
3 pulls $60, with free time to adjust between pulls!

Need some Shrink tubing to cover up that ugly ass tube from the oil cap to the breather tube.

Have you synched your carbs after messing with them? Out of a synch will cause an even tone at them RPMS

Have you synched your carbs after messing with them? Out of a synch will cause an even tone at them RPMS

Sync??? But of course.......

Just got back from twist-n-tune.

No dice on the idle screws getting rid of the girgle spot.

I will shim up 1/2 tomorow morning and see what happens.

Idaho, glad to hear you got things running. It sounds like you are right on with adjusting your needle. I had a similar problem with my needles (from my own screw up on the order of assembly) anyway, the needle was sitting too high creating a rich environment at lower/steady rpms.

It idled perfectly and pulled hard at WOT, but I got a little serging/hesitation/sputtering when holding steady at lower rpms.

I'll be excited to see how your dyno runs go. I'm hoping to get mine on the dyno for the first time this weekend after having installed the musle kit with stock needles.

Keep us updated,

Jeff

Gurgling low-mid rpm, backfire deaccleration I would tend to think a lil on the rich side. I would lower the needles / raise shim the clip .0020 - .0030

*UPDATE*

Set the needles @ 2.5 this morning. No improvement, but found out the more I richen up the Idle screws the more the problem lessens..

Tonight Set the needles @ 3.5, no improvement.
But If I set the Idle screws at 4.5 turns out it almost dissapears, thet seems a bit too far to have them open.

Opinions?

P.S. Dyno tomorow @ 1pm.

You have stock pilot jets right? Sounds like you need to clean the pilot circuit. Try the Peashooter.

I ended up having to go with 2 sizes bigger pilot jets.But that was after the porting and big cams.

This Just In!!!

The tuner was not too impressed with the shortened slide springs.

He suggested going back to stock springs to get that rich dip back up.

Chime in...................

Attachments

• Dyno Results 5-15-08.jpg
    Dyno Results 5-15-08.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 237
I run the stock springs with my stage 7.

That probably is a good run considering you are over 3 or 4 times higher than around here at 1200 ft.

Probably kick ass at sea level.

Yeah, your main looks great! Now, try the stock springs like Shawn said since that'll help at your altitude. Are you needles set at the 3rd clip? Try lowering those to the 2nd clip. I'm at 900 feet and my needles are at 2.5 so I think yours should be definitely lower than that.

I think I am fucked guys on this one.

I drilled my slides as per Mr. Morleys Kit. :bang head:

Seems like my slides are outta control.

Just got back from a stock slide, 2nd clip test drive and I still have a bit of richness in that same area................

My tuner said "You didn't drill the slides did you?"

I might try the Epoxy trick if nothing fixes the rich spot.

Anybody know the correct size drill bit for stock size???

He said come back up when you resolve the spring, drilled holes, wet spot issue and he will re-dyno for FREE!!!

I have my slides out now and it measures .137 which is a hair smaller than a #29 bit. If it's the hole below the neddle hole in the slide

Latest posts

Back