Morley Muscle Jet kit/ the adventure begins

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I am fucked guys on this one.

I drilled my slides as per Mr. Morleys Kit. :bang head:

Seems like my slides are outta control.

Just got back from a stock slide, 2nd clip test drive and I still have a bit of richness in that same area................

My tuner said "You didn't drill the slides did you?"

I might try the Epoxy trick if nothing fixes the rich spot.

Anybody know the correct size drill bit for stock size???

He said come back up when you resolve the spring, drilled holes, wet spot issue and he will re-dyno for FREE!!!

So that was with drilled slides, stock springs and 2nd needle clip? How rich was it in that same area?

I dont know why people put them short dynojet springs in they suck! Try using your stock springs and tie up about 3-4 coils dont cut them, I strip wire and use the stranded to tie the coils. I am smooth all the way through with excellent throttle response.

EPOXY YOUR HOLES AND REDRILL THEM TO STOCK SIZE.

Last edited:
So that was with drilled slides, stock springs and 2nd needle clip? How rich was it in that same area?

Yepperz,

Drilled slides,
Stock springs,
2nd needle clip
Stage 7 needles,
Mains 140
Screws @ 4 turns out

I still have the rich area, I can feel it plain as day.

Do I dare go to the 1st clip????

P.S. this lame ass hose is melting all over the oil breather cap....not good enough!!!

Yepperz,

Drilled slides,
Stock springs,
2nd needle clip
Stage 7 needles,
Mains 140
Screws @ 4 turns out

I still have the rich area, I can feel it plain as day.

Do I dare go to the 1st clip????

P.S. this lame ass hose is melting all over the oil breather cap....not good enough!!!

Mine are drilled and it runs fine?

pretty much every set I send out are drilled and the work fine. Most end up with the clip on the very end (blunt end) or near to that.

Sean

pretty much every set I send out are drilled and the work fine. Most end up with the clip on the very end (blunt end) or near to that.

Sean

Thank you for chiming in Sean, I will do clip one tomorow morning.

Now,

Talk to me about this melting clear hose gooing all over my oil fill cap....

Was it a prototype hose, or is there something I am doing wrong???

Me too,What are you running for a hose?Lame ass?

I have already had to cut off about 2 inches of melted hose. Last night and this evening.

I am thinking Mark might have a good idea......use small Dia. radiator hose????

Attachments

• 100_1696.jpg
    100_1696.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 263
  • 100_1698.jpg
    100_1698.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 239
  • 100_1699.jpg
    100_1699.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 212
Actually, you got a new version of the hose that i was thinking would hold up as well as the other (I was using "pex" pipe). Looks like it will need to be changed in material or sleeved.

Sean

A rubber hose would handle the temps much better than Pex will.

I would rather have a black hose than a clear plastic one anyway.

The original fitting type I had been using was built for pex pipe. I am currently switching over to the barbed type fitting similar to what the stage seven has. Of course a fancier hose system can be made using braided line or something else.

Sean

Well folks, this post is gonna wrap up the Adventure.

So here are my final settings.

Mikuini Mains-140 (4,300ft)
Paj 1,2-stock
Needles, Stg 7-3.5 clips from blunt.
Stock slide holes and stock slide springs.

Bike has run great since the fine tuning is complete.
I was amazed the other day I took a highway ride and the light came on @ 137 miles. Best I have ever got, so far.

Bike has quit burning that slight bit of oil it used to between oil changes.
Start up now requires a bit of choke sometimes (a good thing) but rides great after start up.

Dyno was a bit low but I am at 4,300ft. 107hp/72tq we all suffer up here.

My only gripe was the "Pex" pipe.
I let it do its thing and it completely melted on me, totally blocking the ventilation it was supposed to create?
I have since switched to a black (heat resistant) hose picked up at the local parts store.

So If you want a air/jet kit that will shock you into thinking you have a whole new bike I strongly suggest the Morley kit.....

Thank you and good night.

P.S. I no longer have that Rich dip at the start since plugging and redrilling my slides + stock springs.

Attachments

• Dyno%20Results%205-15-08.jpg
    Dyno%20Results%205-15-08.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 173
At first I thought there had to have been something wrong with your bike... only 107 hp, but then I found a link that calculates HP based on altitude, and it looks like you would have 122HP at my altitude (740 ft). It's too bad you are up so high, I really found the bike to wake up around 120 hp... the front wheel likes to start coming up much easier and is much more fun to ride.

Anyway, here is the link:

http://www.slowgt.com/Calc2.htm#BasAltCal

Jeff

122 would be about right huh?

I was thinking about going back to stock springs too. :confused2: I never drilled my slides and I am glad I didn't.

I would like to give this thread a bump.

I am planning to install a set of Marks Pipes on my 06 max. The pipes are 4 into 2. Polished cans with no turn down and 2.5" outlets. Motor is absolutely stock right now. Also ordering Sean's jet kit. Hoping the exhaust shows in the next day or two. Not sure when the jet kit arrives.

My elevation is around 1200'

If using stock needles start with 165 mains. If it hesitates between 5500 - 6500 rpms try shimming the needles a tad.

I have a question on the 'pex' pipe. I have the same breather hose on my max. What is the purpose of the hose? Why wouldn't there just be an oil cap there? What does that do for performance??
Thanks

Helps created a vacuum under the cylinders helping ring seal and making more power.

Sean

Back