'01 V-Max vs. '06 Triumph Sprint

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CB2DMax

Reaction score
Who will win?

A buddy of mine just purchased a '06 Triumph Sprint with 10,000 miles on it. After he gets used to it (he rode a Yamaha Warrior before), we'll be "gettin' it on." My '01 Max has dyna jet carb kit, K&N air filter, Kerker slip ons, and is in excellent shape at 26,000 miles. Who do you think will win the 1/4 race? I hate to admit it, but I think he'll take me. I think I'll take him from 50 MPH roll on in high gear. Make your predictions and I'll let you know the results when "D-Day" comes.

Those inline triples are sweet motors. Up top he may get ya. Should be interesting thuogh becuase you shuold be ahead down low

I've seen 1/4 mile times of 11.2 in magazines, which is quick. However it will depend on how well your friend can launch the bike.

Just sold a sprint...Lazy off the bottom, geared waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay high.. depends on how he will launch.Good suggestion for him..Go down a tooth on the countershaft sprocket...And hope you don't have anything resembling a turn or the need to brake in your race..itll smoke you with lunch and a six pack in the saddlebags!
________
weed vaporizers

Last edited:
I've raced two of them at the 1/4 and had no problem with either of them, they are HEAVY, on the order of like 800 and something pounds I think.

They are gonna beat you on the bottom if the guy can launch it well, up top you'll walk.

In the 1/8 he'll probably get you..not sure..

I've had much closer races with Vrods, which are usually strictly a "riders race"

Rusty

I've seen in magazines the new sprint st trap around 125 mph running low low 11's. Pretty stout for a sport-tourer. Not as neat as the fjr or concourse though

I've raced two of them at the 1/4 and had no problem with either of them, they are HEAVY, on the order of like 800 and something pounds I think.

They are gonna beat you on the bottom if the guy can launch it well, up top you'll walk.

In the 1/8 he'll probably get you..not sure..

I've had much closer races with Vrods, which are usually strictly a "riders race"

Rusty

Are you sure you are talkng about the right bike? Sprints aren't heavy, especially compared to a vmax
________

Last edited:
I had an 06 ST ABS. As mentioned previously, they are geared way too high.

Vmax through the 8th, dead heat at the quarter. The sprint was listed @ something around 130hp but I swear it felt like about 10 more than my VFR800. That's about 110. I went down one tooth, had the TOR pipe and remap. It ran really well. Not Vmax well IMO. Frankly, the bikes are so different it's hard to compare.

Win or lose (hopefully win) it doesnt matter...you're on the V-Max,you automatically get the win based on style points alone!HAHAHA.BUT in seriousness it will mostly come down to the launch.Both bikes stock,you should have a .5-1 second lead on him if ALLLL goes well and perfect from the line...this never happens though.So I suggest that you find a nice stop light on an empty street and practice green light launches and hope he hasnt been doing the same,a little pre-race practice might give you the edge coming off the line,the Max will handle the rest from there.Hope you win,Im rootin for ya!:ryb:
-Ace

Back