06 Suspension upgrade

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeorze

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 06 max with 1600 miles and I'm thinking about upgrading the suspension. I've tentatively decided on Progressive shocks (412) 12.5 and up front a set Progressive front lowering springs. What do you guys think and is there something better but not to outrageous $$$ wise? Thanks

Solid motor mounts!! Delrin or aluminum ones are out on the market for a reasonable price. Frame braces are another handling upgrade, but if you put in motor mounts are redundant.

Thanks, I've already put on a set of Exactrep frame braces along with a upgrading the brakes with Galfer pads , wave rotors, and SS braided lines.

You have pretty much done what you can without spending $$$$ on radials or a USD front end. If you are really pushing the bike a braced swingarm is another worthwhile investment.

Thanks, I've already put on a set of Exactrep frame braces along with a upgrading the brakes with Galfer pads , wave rotors, and SS braided lines.

All of the above and a set of racetech catridge emulators for the front forks.

Mike

Don't forget the Seafoam!!!!

A few drops to the steering bearings and no more wobble!!!

Sorry.... had to.:biglaugh:

All of the above and a set of racetech catridge emulators for the front forks.

Mike

+1 for the emulators. Also you may want to go with Race Tech springs instead of the Progressive. Race Tech will match the spring to your weight and riding style.

My '06 lowered with 412's x 11.5" and 2 inches up front with Race-Tech and emulators.

Your 06 has the look I'm looking for and I'm sure the ride is much better than stock. I decided to go with Race Tech up front and Progresive 418's on the rear. I'm going to lower the front 1 1/2 and te rear 1".Thanks everyone for your advice and opinions.

Sorry to kind of highjack this thread, but I love the look of those Carozzeria's. I was thinking of going that route. Did you have any fitment problems with them? Also is the rear centered like stock? I have a custom 18x5.5 rear from Boxenstopp but it's heavy as hell. I want to do the Carozz's but heard that they had problems with the first ones, and don't know if the issues were fixed.

Vinnie

Sorry to kind of highjack this thread, but I love the look of those Carozzeria's. I was thinking of going that route. Did you have any fitment problems with them? Also is the rear centered like stock? I have a custom 18x5.5 rear from Boxenstopp but it's heavy as hell. I want to do the Carozz's but heard that they had problems with the first ones, and don't know if the issues were fixed.

Vinnie

I had issues but they worked them out and ate all the shipping costs. I love them... VmaxinID just put some on and if it wasn't for his F up they would have been fine and dandy. I am impressed with them and their customer support. Bill at Wild Brothers was good to buy from as well.

Vinnie

I also just put a set on and love them. No fitment issues whatsoever and they are well centered. If they are offset at all it is just a hair.

:rulez::ttiwwp:

Ha, Ha! Should have known that was coming.

Sorry, but this is the best that I have got at the moment......

vbgarage.php

I will try to get something better later this evening.

Latest posts

Back